13: Unofficial First Day

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

I woke up feeling groggy this morning. I shouldn’t have slept late. I got too carried away with talking to TOP that I forgot about the time. Time does fly here in Korea faster than it’s supposed to be I guess. Realizing that I have a 10am meeting, I rushed to the bathroom to prepare.

As soon as I got out of the villa, I saw Hyun Shik waiting outside the car.

“Good Morning Ashley! How are you?” he greeted.

“I’m good Hyun Shik oppa but I’m running late though. Haha.”

“We still have an hour. Traffic is not that bad today, don’t worry. You’re still early” he cooed.

“Oh. Okay. Let’s go!” I rode the car and we sped off to the office. True enough. I was 15 mins. Early when I got to the office.

“Wooh! You’re early boss! But what’s with the panda eyes? Did you do something last night that kept you up?” Mia greeted while handing me my black coffee. Should I tell her what happened last night? But she’s a fan of Big Bang. I don’t think I can handle if she starts spazzing over TOP right now.

“Nothing. It’s probably the house. I’m still not used to the new place and I had a hard time adjusting with the bed.” I answered.

“That explains it. Anyway, we have to go to the boardroom, the Management Committee Meeting will start in 5 mins.” Mia said and showed me the way to the boardroom. The moment I got in, everyone was already there. I guess people are punctual in this place.

“Finally.” A man in his suit said as he approached me and gave me a bow. “Anneonghasayo, Ashley-ssi, My name is Yongju, I’m the General Manager here in Korea and these are the Directors and Heads of the departments here.” He introduced himself.

“Anneonghasayo, Ashley-imnida, and she is Mia, my assistant. Please take care of me.” I bowed and introduced myself. One by one, the Directors and Heads introduced themselves too. Afterwhich, we all sat down and did a briefing on the status of the company and on the next action points once I take over.

“Ashley, I understand that you are set to start after you come back from your Singapore trip. However, I was informed that you are okay to do the transition before your scheduled vacation.” Yongju said.

“Yes. I’m fine working these 2 weeks. I just can’t cancel my scheduled vacation since it was slated even before I was given this new position. Don’t worry. We can start doing the turn overs and tran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter