12: The Concert Rehearsal

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP POV

 

I was awaken by the blasting sound of my phone. Without opening my eyes, I answered my phone.

 

“Yah! Choi Seunghyun! You’re still sleeping? You have a rehearsal at 5pm.” My manager screamed over the phone making me jerk up in bed.

“Hyung, what time is it?” I asked.

“It’s 4:15 already and I’m 5 minutes away from your house. Get off the bed now and prepare. Aish! You’ll be late again.” He nagged.

“Mianhe hyung. I slept late last night and forgot to set my alarm.” The moment I got back from the playground, I fell asleep without event taking a bath. I got home around 5am and I was too tired that I failed to set my alarm.

 

I hanged up the phone and headed to the bathroom. I heard the door open signaling that my manager has I arrived. I quickly finished bathing and headed out for the closet.

 

“Aigoo. Seunghyun-ah. You’re still not done? We’ll be late again.” My manager complained.

“I’ll make it quick hyung. And I’m pretty sure they’ll all be late too, so don’t worry.”

“What’s the point of setting a schedule when all of you will be late anyway?! Aigoo. Big Bang will be the death of us managers. Can’t you just spare us from the stress and wake up early?”

“Arasso hyung. We’ll try.” I answered half-heartedly just to stop the nagging of my manager. I understand him but I just can’t help myself from sleeping longer than I’m supposed to. With all the schedule and stress, my body goes against my brain. Will power is always low.

 

I headed to the closet and picked out some comfy clothes:

 

As soon as we got to the studio, I realized that I was the only one missing.

“Mianhe for being late. I overslept.” I bowed and apologized for being the cause of delay.

“It’s okay hyung! We’re used to it.” Jiyong retorted and everyone chuckled in agreement.

“Yah! As if you’re always on time. I heard that you just arrived 5 minutes before I came in.” I answered back.

“At least I wasn’t the last one who came in” he rebutted.

“Shut it you two, you both are always late so no point of arguing. Everyone in this room thinks that you two arriving late is a normal thing and no one would even bother point it out anymore.” Youngbae teased.

“You kids. When do you ever grow up? Bickering about everything and anything.” I heard one manager uttered.

“Enough of that. Rather than competing on who came in first or not, why not try coming in early?!” Jaewook hyung commented. “Everyone, in the center. Let’s start with Bad Boy!” He shouted signaling the start of the rehearsal.

 

The rehearsal lasted for 3 hours nonstop. Everyone were was still in a vacation mode thus, we took time before getting back to the rhythm.

 

“Alright everyone! Let’s take a 30 min. break and have dinner. It’s almost 9 pm.” Jaewook hyung announced.

“Finally. I thought my bones would break from doing nonstop dancing.” Maknae said and slumped on the floor.

“I can’t even feel my legs. Why does it seem that we’re practicing for a whole concert when we’re just doing 3 songs?” Daesung added.

“Admit it guys, we’re a bit lacking today. I guess it’s the break. Not everyone seems to be in shape.” Youngbae explained.

“Thanks guys for this! I’m sorry that you have to go through all this torture for my concert!” Jiyong said apologetically.

“Pabo! These kids are just whining but you do know that we can still stay for more hours just to make sure that everything will be perfect for your concert, right?” I assured him.

“I know hyung. I just feel grateful that I’d be with you guys after touring the world alone.” Jiyong said.

“I was with you most of the time hyung! What do you mean alone?!?!” maknae ranted. And earned a good smack from Jiyong.

“aww. Hyung! That hurts!” maknae whined.

“I meant… it’s good to be back together again, as a group!” Jiyong answered back. These two are back on their Tom and Jerry mode again.

“enough of that. Let’s go to the cafeteria. I’m h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter