Late Night Stroll

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 2 in the morning, TOP and Ashley went to the convenience store. Good thing their place is well lit and not much people are roaming around at this time.

“I told you it’s safe here in our area. See, the streets are bright enough to walk to.” Ashley said.

“Still. You’re not supposed to walk alone at night. No one knows what may possibly happen. If you’re hungry again in the middle of the night, just order some delivery or ask your driver or contact me so I could accompany you.” TOP said.

“Thanks oppa, but I think you’re too busy for me to drag you out just to buy food.” Ashley said.

“Aniyo, I’m usually home at this hour so I can accompany you.” TOP insisted.

“But oppa, you look dead tired. I feel bad having to drag you out instead of you catching some rest.” Ashley said with a hint of dissatisfaction with the idea of having to take away TOP’s time to rest just to buy stuff.

“It’s okay. I’m fine.” TOP cooed.

“You’re eyes are begging to close and I feel that you badly need rest oppa. Mianhe.” Ashley apologized.

“Stop saying sorry. I’m fine. Besides, I love late night walks.” TOP smiled.

“Where did you come from oppa? I think you just arrived when I happened to pass by.” Ashley asked.

“hmmm. I just got home from recording.” He answered.

“Bigbang album? You’re releasing a new album?” she asked excitedly.

“Aniyo. It’s for my solo single!” he answered.

“CHINCHA?!” she squealed. “OMO. Oppa! That’s good. It’s been years since you last released a solo song right?!” she continued not being able to conceal her excitement.

“Neh, the last one was when Jiyong and I had an album.” He answered.

“That’s great oppa! You should record more solo songs. That deep voice and rapping skills should be shared, you know!?” she said.

“I’ve recorded a lot of songs. It’s just that not all are suitable for public release and wouldn’t make the cut.” He explained.

“what do you mean not suitable for public release?” she asked.

“I mean, it’s not mainstream. The management feels that most of the songs I compose are very artistic that it cannot be widely appreciated by the mass.” He explained.

“you mean it’s more like the indie type of music than the idol or mainstream type?” she clarified and TOP nodded.

“That’s way better then! You’re supposed to release it! I mean. Most of the kpop songs sound alike so introducing a different style of rapping or music makes it fresh and exciting.” She shared her thoughts.

“I know but the management thinks otherwise. I’m lucky that at least one song was approved although they were still a bit hesitant about the song but in the end, I literally whined just to get the approval.” He explained.

“Then release it in the underground world. I bet a lot of people will appreciate that. It’s better to show different side of you so people will understand that you are not just idols or celebrities, rather you are real musicians who can do different types of music.” Ashley insisted that made TOP chuckle.

“You sure are passionate about this idea, huh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter