14: The Concert

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 1, 2013

ASHLEY POV

Today is my first official task as the new Marketing Head. What more can I ask if my first job will be to attend a concert. Perks of being a marketing person. While fixing my stuff, I heard my phone ringing. And it was Mia.

“Hello”

“Hi Boss, will we just meet in the venue?”

“Nope. I’ll pick you guys up.”

“Oops. I forgot to mention, it’s only me since the 2 guys decided to try hiking. They mentioned that they won’t have time to do it once we start working.”

“Oh. Okay. So I’ll pick you up in 30 mins. Then.”

“30 mins?! Why would you take that long? What if we have a hard time hailing a cab?”

“Yah! The concert won’t start in 1 and a half hours. I’m about to go out of the house now and it’ll take me 30 mins. To get there.”

“30 mins?! It’s not even rush hour. Where exactly do you live?”

“I live 1 hour away from the office in regular days, with light traffic, it’ll take me 35 mins. Your house is 5 mins away from the office. Get the picture now?”

“Aish. Why do you have to live so far?! What if you take time getting a cab?”

“Yah! Stop whining. I have a driver who would drive us there. Stop with the questions. Just wait for me or you try to go to the venue by yourself!” I said.

“Oops. Okay. I’ll wait. Sorry. I’m just too excited.” She said apologetically.

“I know.” I said and hanged up the phone.

I quickly got out of the house and was welcomed by Hyungshik oppa. He drove as fast as he could and got to Mia’s place in 30 mins. I called her and asked her to get out of the house. As soon as she got on the car.

“Woah! Nice car you got here.” Mia said with amusement in her eyes.

“Oh. I just rented this. I figured it’s going to take time if we go and wait for a cab.” I answered defensively.

“I wonder how much this costs” she insisted.

“Zip it Mia and just sit.” I shrugged.

“Fine. I sometimes wonder if you’re really rich or you just have taste in things.” She said. And I looked at her with glaring eyes warning her to stop. “Okay. I’ll stop now. I know you get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter