Happy Birthday!

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that day, Ashley and Seunghyun went back to their everyday life, nothing changed with their relationship. Actually, they spent more time talking to each other, making sure that they were there for each other. Although they did not make a commitment to each other, they acted like more than friends.

They started to take care of each other. Paid more attention to one another. He did everything he could to make her feel that he is determined to take care of her and to make her his girlfriend. He never brought up the topic again, he knew better. People who are scared of commitments are scared of being bombarded about the idea of entering a relationship.

They need time and space. Being pushy about it wouldn’t help the situation at all.

November 4, 2013

Today is Seunghyun’s birthday. Ashley decided to surprise him, thus, she took the whole day off from work. She initially planned on greeting him as soon as the clock strikes 12 but she had to work overtime so she decided to delay her surprise to that morning instead.

According to Seunghyun, he has the whole day off as well and didn’t have any plans of going out except for the birthday dinner he planned with his family.

She woke up around 8am. She intentionally didn’t message or call Seunghyun. Instead, she quickly went out of her house to buy him a cake and a gift.

After securing everything she needed for the surprise, she quickly prepared herself making sure that she looks presentable yet not too prepared.

Once done, she immediately went to Seunghyun’s house to surprise him. She rang the bell twice. After a few minutes, the door opened, but instead of giving a surprise, she was the one who got surprised. The door was opened by a beautiful girl, whom she has not met.

Due to shock, she failed to utter a word and just stared at the woman in front of her.

Inside Seunghyun’s house:

“Yah! It’s your birthday today, stop acting like an old bummer, get out of the bed!” the woman nagged him, forcing him to get out of his bed.

He quickly took a shower as the woman went back to the living room and waited patiently for her to finish. While waiting, the doorbell rang.

“Senghyun-ah, some one’s at the door, are you expecting any guest today?” she shouted by the door of his bathroom.

“Aniyo. Can you just open the door for me, it’s probably the mail or my manager.” He answered.

“Arasso. Make it quick. The food is getting cold.” She muttered before heading straight to the door.

The door bell rang again. Aish! This person is impatient! She thought as she tried to quicken her pace. She looked at the intercom and saw that a girl was standing by the door carrying a cake and a gift.

Hmmmm… interesting. Who is this girl? Is he hiding something from me? Curiosity struck her so she immediately opened the door. She peeked on the small opening of the door without revealing her whole body and just her face. The surprise in the visitor’s face was so obvious. She waited for the visitor to speak but to no avail, she didn’t. She knew that the girl was someone special since a flash of hurt is evident in her eyes.

“Hi! Are you looking for Seunghyun?” the woman asked Ashley.

“Ahhh… Yes… uhm… I just came by… to… to…” Ashley stuttered, not being able to find the right words to say coz right now, what she’s feeling is a mixture of shock and confusion. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know that he had a visitor over, I should have called first. I’ll just call him.” Ashley said and bowed and started leaving.

Realizing the situation, the woman quickly opened the door revealing her whole body and tried to call Ashley’s attention.

“Yah! If you dropped by to greet my dongsaeng! Get back here and show your face before leaving.” She tried stopping her.

As soon as Ashley heard the word dongsaeng, she quickly stopped and approached the woman. She now realizes the situation.

“Anneonghasayo, my name is Ashley Martinez, I’m a friend of your brother. I wanted to surprise him for his birthday but I didn’t expect that he had company so I was shocked. I’m sorry if I disrespected you.” She bowed multiple times.

“Aigoo. Stop being formal. My brother’s friend is my friend too. I’m Hyeyoon. I’m his noona. Come in. my lazy brother is still bathing.” She accompanied Ashley to the house.

As she entered the house, she was welcomed by another woman. She immediately knew who this woman is, “Anneonghasayo, I’m Ashley Martinez, a friend of your son. I just dropped by to greet your son on his birthday. I didn’t know that he had his family over this morning. I’m sorry for disturbing your family time.” She bowed again, feeling shy of the situation she was in.

“No need to be sorry dear. He didn’t know that we’ll be coming over too. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter