On Consulting and Advices

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

As soon as I closed the door of the boardroom, I headed to the washroom. I stare at the mirror and tapped my cheeks checking if all these is real. What did I just hear? Is this all real? Am I really moving to Seoul? For at least a year? I knew something was a bit off when I saw the Emergency Meeting alert in my phone’s calendar this morning. Normally, when there’s an emergency meeting, I wouldn’t feel pressured but for some weird reasons, my instinct told me that this was something different. And I was right. Gaaaah! I need to go out first.

I went down to my office to sign important documents before leaving the office. As I opened my door I see Mia waiting for me in the couch with a wide grin across her face.

 

“Seeing your face right now, I guess the gossips are true. You’re moving to Seoul?” she asked with a smirk.

“Yeah… thanks for the heads up, Mia. I appreciate how you didn’t bother giving me a hint about anything when you know everything” I sarcastically told her.

“Ashley, you know pretty well that I am in no position to in with things like that.” She defended.

“Since when did you start respecting that line, again?”

“You know what I mean, Ashley. Stop acting like a brat.”

I scoffed. “Oh well, give me all the documents that I need to sign and I’ll take the rest of the day off.”

“It’s all in your table, I checked the details already. It’s all for signing now.” My assistant is really the best. I can’t imagine how disarray my life would be when I move to Seoul without her. “So did you accept it?” I heard her ask.

“Do I have a choice?” I shrugged and she gave me a smirk in return. “Seriously speaking though, I begged for time to think about it. They gave me until tomorrow to decide. But it’s a no brainer to conclude that I don’t have a choice.” This is true. I know that if I don’t accept this, everything will change as well. I think Brenda is completely aware that I know this. I guess the reason why I asked for more time is for me to wrap my brain around the idea that I’m really leaving. I just need time to let all these sink in.

 

After signing all the papers, I bid goodbye to my team and headed home. I need to talk to my best friends… via Skype. This is what I hate having best friends who can rarely be with you physically. I have two best friends, Josh and Randy. Yes. They are both guys. I don’t know why I’m more comfortable opening up with guys more than girls. I guess I’m just not your typical girl who likes talking about boys, make ups, bags and whatnots. I like chill conversations about random stuff.  Josh moved to America 9 years ago, he was my high school classmate but we were not really that close before. We got close after he moved to America through my other bestie, Randy. He is currently studying at Singapore, taking up Masters in Business Administration. He was also my high school friend. We got close since he was part of the clique where my ex-boyfriend was part of. We got into the same university and since we were the only ones who knew each other. Nature took the lead of bringing us closer together.

As soon as I reached home, I logged in to skype and called Randy, but he wasn’t answering. So I tried my luck with Josh. After a few rings…

 

“Hello…” he answered in a groggy voice. I think I woke him up from his sleep.

“JOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!” I screamed at the top of my longs to convey how urgent this matter is.

“Gosh ASHLEY! Tone it down, don’t you realize what time it is right now. It’s 3 in the morning here for god’s sake. Why are you even calling? This better be good or I’ll fly there just to snap your head out of your neck!” he said and I could feel how pissed he is since I disturbed his sleep. I felt bad for him but I really need him right now.

“I’m sorry Josh. But I really, desperately, need to talk to you right now…” I said pouting and in my cute voice.

“Okay. You’re using your cute card again. I lose. What’s up?” he gave in. Yeah! That’s why I love him. He would always be there for me.

“I have a problem...” I started and he hummed signaling that he was listening.

“I was called for an emergency meeting this morning and thought it was the normal there-is-an-issue-with-operations kind of problem but it wasn’t.”

“Okay… then?”

“It was a meeting informing me that I got promoted as the Marketing Head…”

“WOW! Congratulations! I don’t see why that could be a problem…” he interrupted.

“Can you let me finish first!” I said.

“Oops. Okay, go ahead.”

“I was promoted to be the Marketing Head of Korea and Japan. I am to move to Seoul and manage both offices there. I would fly to Japan once in a while but I will be residing in Seoul, for at least a year.” I stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter