Caught

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ash.” He creased his forehead wondering why she’s working.

“Oppa!” she was surprised to see him there. “What are you doing here?” she asked nervously realizing the Mia is there and she knew nothing.

“What do you mean what am I doing here? I should be the one asking what are you doing? I heard from noona that you’re sick, why didn’t you tell me?” he stood in front of her.

“I’m not sick. I’m perfectly well. I just decided to work from home.” She denied and TOP didn’t believed it at all. He saw Mia in his peripheral vision and decided to ask her instead.

“Mia, is your boss sick?” he asked which shocked Mia. All she could do was nod since TOP was staring at her. She doesn’t understand what’s going on but she knew better not to react.

“Since when?” he was talking to Mia but he was glaring at Ashley.

“since… since the the other ddday.” Mia answered stuttering, confused as ever. He looked at her and gave a nod of thanks.

He then approached Ashley and placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

“Aish! You’re running a fever.” She was caught off guard when TOP suddenly lifted her.

“Mia, can you get these documents away from her hand?” Mia obeyed and rushed to get the papers from Ashley.

“Let me just make sure this stubborn boss of yours is resting, wait for me here. I’ll just bring her to her room.” He carried her to her room and laid her in bed. He closed the door for Mia not to hear their conversation.

“Jagiya…” she nervously called him.

“Why did you not tell me you’re sick?” he asked with a very stern voice which scared her. She did not know what to say so she remained silent. He saw her reaction and sighed. He immediately situated himself beside her and hugged her.

“Hey... since when were you sick?” his voice now calm, he looked at her and waited for her answer.

“since the other day.” She admitted knowing that there’s no way she could give him an excuse.

“and yet you didn’t tell me.” He sighed and all she can do is bow her head. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I know you’ll be worried if I tell you I’m sick. You’re busy with a lot of things and this is just a normal fever so I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it.” She admitted.

“Hey…” he lifted her chin so she would look at him. “It doesn’t matter if it’s a simple fever or colds. You have to tell me regardless of how busy I am. I would want to know.” He said and she nodded. “I’m not mad, I just feel bad that I had to know it from my sister than you.” he confessed. “I’m sorry if I startled you earlier.” He hugged her and she leaned against his chest.

“Can you just stay here first? I’ll just talk to Mia coz I’m pretty sure she’s in a state of shock right now.” he chuckled.

“And now she knows.” She sighed.

“It’s fine, I’ll talk to her first, leave this to me.” He stated.

“Just rest here while I talk to her, Arasso?” he instructed and she nodded. He headed down and saw Mia sitting in the living room with a puzzled face.

 

“Mia…” he called her attention.

“TOP-ssi” she quickly stood up as soon as she realized his presence.

“Seunghyun. Just call me Seunghyun. We’re of the same age, right?” she nodded.

“How… how… how did you know?” she stuttered.

“Ashley.” He smiled. “Let’s sit first.” He guided her to the seat as he situated himself opposite her. He lit a cigarette. He was uncomfortable with the scenario but he knew he has to explain everything to her.

“I believe you have a lot of questions, ask all you want. I’ll answer.” He smiled to make her feel comfortable.

“You’re close with Ashley?” she asked after thinking for a couple of minutes. Deciding which one to ask first. and he nodded.

“You know her house password?” she asked and he nodded again.

“You go here often?” she asked, trying to connect the details she’s getting.

“Not that often since I’m always in Japan or busy with my schedule. But during my free time, I go here or she goes to my place.” He explained giving more information, helping Mia to get to her point.

“She goes to your place?” she verified if she heard him correctly. She wanted to ask him straight but she’s scared that he might get uncomfortable with her question.

He smiled seeing how Mia is beating around the bush.

“Whatever you are thinking right now, Mia, is correct.” He frankly said noticing that she can’t seem to ask direct questions. “Ashley’s my girlfriend.” He declared and Mia’s eyes widened upon hearing this.

“You’re together? She has a boyfriend? Since when? How did you meet? How did you end up being together? She doesn’t like dating? Are you sure? How can you two be together?” Mia started throwing in questions like a machine gun.

“Hey. One question at a time.” He laughed seeing the mixed excitement and shock in her reaction.

“Yes. We’re together. She’s my girlfriend and I’m her boyfriend. We’ve been together for almost a month now.” he started. “If you want to know the story, I’ll leave that for Ashley to explain and share to you. Girls like doing that talk so I won’t deprive her that opportunity.” This made her chuckle. This is the first time she heard him talk this way.

“So you’re the reason why my overly workaholic boss would use her personal phone during meetings, and you’re probably the person she talks to whenever she shuts the door of her office, she never did that, she’d always leave her door open but recently, she would close it when she’s on the phone.” Mia slowly recalling the changes in the actions of Ashley. “And you’re probably the reason why she would move her meetings and actually take leaves, she rarely takes a day off and would normally work on weekends but now she won’t or would barely do it.” She continued, TOP remained silent coz it’s as if Mia is talking to herself but he feels happy hearing that this is his effect on him.

“I know you’re popular. Damn I’m even a VIP but I never imagined you’re that great to move the ever cold princesses who broke a lot of man’s heart for turning down their offers to go out with her. You’re one lucky man, Seunghyun!” Mia smirked.

“I know. I am.” He proudly said. “She has a lot of admirers?” he wanted to clarify if what he heard was right.

“Mr. Popular, you may be popular here in Korea and a lot of girls like you but that girl won’t fall behind in terms of popularity to guys back home.” She smirked and this made him crease his eyebrows. He’s uncomfortable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter