Surprise

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hey Mia, are you busy?” TOP asked over the phone.

“Can you give me a sec?” she replied. “Boss, I need to take this call, is there anything else you need?” Mia asked Ashley. She was in her office when she got the call.

“No. that’s all. Thanks, Mia.” TOP heard Ashley’s response.

“What’s up Seunghyun?” Mia got back to him as soon as she left her room.

“Did I call you in a bad time?” TOP asked.

“No. we just ended our meeting. I kind of felt that you don’t want me to tell Ashley that you’re the one calling so I stepped out of her office.” She responded. “So, what’s up?”

“I need your help.” he started. “It’s Ashley’s birthday next week, and I need to know her schedule.” He went straight to the point.

“Let me check.” She opened Ashley’s calendar. “Next week is a bit free except on the day of her birthday. She has 3 meetings on that day.” She shared.

“What? Why is she working too much on her birthday?” he hissed.

“FYI, Mister. Your girl likes working on her birthday. She doesn’t like celebrating it.” Mia knew Ashley wouldn’t mention that to him.

“Aish. Can you do me a favour?” he asked.

“You want me to move her meetings?” she smirked knowing what he’s planning to do.

“Neh. We’ve been so busy recently and you know what happened a week ago. I wanted to make up with the time and bring her somewhere where we could both spend more time together.” He shared his plans.

“And where do you plan on bringing her?” she inquired.

“I haven’t actually decided yet. That’s one thing I need to know to. I wanted to bring her out of the country. I’m thinking of spending 5 days with her. I’ve cleared out my schedule.” He said.

“Hmmmm… Ashley hates places that are crowded and since you’re mister popular, I think it’s also good that you don’t go anywhere that’s crowded.” She’s thinking of the perfect place for them to spend time together. “Bring her in a beautiful island. She loves the beach and she likes relaxing.” She suggested.

“That’s what I thought to!” he exclaimed. “Can you help me move her schedules? We should leave on the 25th and go back on the 29th.” He requested.

“I think that’s fine. That’s just 3 days off work and the weekend. I’ll deal with that.” Mia assured him.

“Also, can you send me her passport details? And can you tell her that she has to meet some clients who are coming from a different country in the airport on that day? I’ll pack her clothes for her.” He’s excited about this.

“Aigoo, Mr. Choi. I can feel your excitement over the phone.  It seems like you’ve thought about this well. I’m impressed.” She commented.

“I just want to make sure she’ll be happy on her birthday.” He smiled.

“Arasso. Enough of the cheesiness. I’ll fix everything on my end and send you the passport details in a bit.” She agreed.

“Thanks, Mia! I’ll send you a never before seen photo of Jiyong in return!” he bribed her that made Mia excited.

 

After what happened a week ago. TOP vowed that he’ll spend more time with her. He doesn’t want her to feel insecure about anything. It’s good timing that her birthday was coming. Despite his busy schedule, he managed to beg his manager with the help of Jiyong and Daesung to move his schedule. He didn’t expect that having those two know about his relationship can come in handy at times like this. He worked on his engagements twice as hard so he could have the free time to bring Ashley to a private place. He initially thought of surprising her and bringing her in one of the famous islands in her country however, he doesn’t want to risk it since they are popular there. He researched on the most beautiful places and the most private islands in the world and he’s glad he managed to find one that is perfect for the two of them.

April 25, 2014

“Can you remind me again why we have to meet the client at the airport?” Ashley hissed while putting her make up on inside the car.

“For the nth time. The General Manager instructed us to do so. Mr. Johnson is a very important client and he wants us to provide him the best assistance we could while he is in the country. Plus, you’re the best English speaker in the company. Who else do you expect to welcome him?!” Mia answered a bit pissed since this is probably the 10th time Ashley asked her the same question.

“At 5 am? Seriously? I should be sound asleep at this time.” Ashley hissed.

“ it up, missy!” Mia retorted. She’s so close in telling her to just shut up coz she would want to be there at the airport but she doesn’t want to spoil the surprise.

“There’s nothing I can do anyway.” She continued on putting the final touches on her make up.

“Why are we turning right instead of left? What terminal is he arriving?” Ashley asked Mia noticing that the driver took a different turn.

“We’re going to the hangar for private planes. He flew in using his private jet.” Mia answered and Ashley just shrugged.

 

Upon arriving at the hangar, Mia directed Ashley to the waiting room where TOP instructed her to bring Ashley.

“Ash, Mr. Johnson’s flight shall arrive in 5 minutes so we could wait here first. In the meantime, let me just step out a bit. I need to call my mom. She’s been nagging me to call her.” Mia excused herself and stepped out of the room.

“She’s all yours! enjoy!” she smirked at TOP as she met with him by the end of the corridor.

“Thanks, Mia! I owe you one.” He hugged her.

“Don’t forget my photo!” she smiled before leaving that made him chuckle.

 

Inside the Waiting Room

 

Ashley was sitting at the couch with her back facing the door. TOP entered quietly and walked closer to her without her noticing it.

“Good morning, Love.” He hugged her from the back that surprised her.

“Jagiya? What are you doing here?” she asked, still ignorant of what is happening. TOP stood properly fixing his clothes and extended his hand for a handshake.

“Hi, I’m Mr. Johnson!” he said waiting for Ashley to react.

“What?” her eyes are about to pop out. “What do you mean? You’re the client I’m meeting?” she asked and he nodded.

“I don’t get it. Why do we have to meet here at 5 in the morning?!” she hissed that made him chuckle. He immediately hugged her to stop her from throwing a fit. His manager entered the room with a bouquet of tulips and gave it to him.

“The plane is ready. Here are your passports. You need to go through the immigration before heading to the plane.” His manager informed him.

“Arasso, hyung. Thank you!” he smiled.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine on your own?” his manager asked and he nodded.

“Okay. Take care and enjoy. Remember to check your phone from time to time. So I could call you just in case anything comes up.” The manager reminded him.

“Deh. Hyung.” he responded.

“Ashley, enjoy! And advanced happy birthday!” his manager greeted her before leaving. Hearing him say that made her realize what was really happening.

“I love you.” TOP gave her the bouquet, then kissed her in the forehead. “Let’s go.” He smiled.

“Oppa, explain to me first, what’s happening.” She whined and held him by the wrist.

“I will in a bit. The plane is waiting. Let’s go first.” He said firmly and grabbed her hand to drag her to the immigration.

As soon as they’ve boarded the private plane, they were greeted by the pilots and the flight attendant of the flight. They sat by their seats facing each other at strapped on their seatbelts.

“Can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter