Preparation

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP woke up with the reverberating sound of his alarm, breaking the silence of his once peaceful room. He tried to reach out for his phone, without opening his eyes, hoping he could snooze for a couple of minutes more. He got home late last night from a photoshoot for a clothing line he recently signed up with. Hoping he could catch some sleep when he got home, his own body betrayed him when it decided not to allow him to get some sleep. He kept on tossing back and forth around his bed until his eyes finally gave up and gave in around 3 in the morning. It’s 5 in the morning right now, the sun hasn’t even risen yet but his alarm is already commanding him to get up. As he struggled to find his phone, he forcefully opened his eyes, reached out for his phone and turned the alarm off.  As he saw the notification in his calendar, his grumpy attitude turned to excitement.

Today is the day of Ashley and his’ first official date. It’s been a week since he last saw her. As much as he wanted to call or text her often, his schedule betrayed him. He literally begged his manager to clear off his schedule today, in return, all the other days of the week was cramped with activities, he couldn’t even sleep for more than 5 hours a day. He endured the whole week looking forward for this day to come.

Instead of going back to sleep, he strutted out of his bed and headed to the bathroom to prepare for the day. While bathing, he recalled his conversation 2 days ago with Ashley.

“Yeoboseyo?” she answered without looking at who the caller was. She’s in the middle of analyzing the reports forwarded by her team.

“It’s me, are you busy?” Top answered softly, afraid that he actually caught her at a bad time from the tone of her voice.

Upon hearing the voice from the other line, she quickly glanced at the screen to confirm if she heard it right. “Oppa! Mianhe. I didn’t notice it was you calling.” She answered quickly changing to a more cheerful voice.

“Did I disturb you?” he asked worriedly.

“Aniyo. I was just reading some files. It’s okay. Why did you call? Is everything alright?” she asked thinking that something might come up coz she wasn’t expecting him to call at this time since he mentioned that his schedule is packed today and he should be in the middle of shooting a CF right now.

“Nothing. Everything is okay. It’s our break right now. I just thought o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter