11: Man in the Swing

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

 30 minutes have passed and I got too preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't realize that the man was still there. This time, it seems like he was paying attention to me since I can feel that he took a glance a couple of times. There's nothing wrong with being friendly, right? Since I'm kinda bored as well. I'll try to do a small talk, if he doesn't respond, it's my cue to back off. If not, then I think I won't be alone, drowning with my thoughts. 

“Uhm, excuse me. I didn’t mean to interrupt but is it okay for me to stay here. you came here first and it seems that you’re thinking about something serious or you want to be left alone.” I greeted and I saw him flinched. What's with this person? first, he looks like a criminal trying to hide from people, then he seems very jittery. I waited for his response but got nothing but a blank stare. I waited for about a minute since he was just looking at me. After a minute, there was nothing but a stare.

“Uh, I guess not. Okay, I’ll be leaving now.” I bowed and started walking away. I guess he doesn't want to be disturbed then. On my 6th step, I suddenly heard him speak.

“It’s okay. You’re not disturbing me. You could stay. I’m sorry I didn’t hear your question well earlier.” he uttered. I guess he can talk. I thought all he can do is stare. And his voice? I haven't heard a voice as thick and low as he has. I stopped on my tracks. Turned around and gave him a friendly smile. i walked back to the swing, but this time, i sat right beside him. It's easier to hear each other when we're closer, right? and since he talked to me, I take it as a permission to start a conversation. 

But I'm not good with small talks. What do I say first? He's too quiet. hmmmm... I'll just introduce myself then, it can never go wrong in starting up a conversation.

“Hi, my name is Ashley. I’m sorry to bother you. I’m new to this place and didn’t expect someone to be out here at this hour. I didn’t mean to disturb you. I just felt like saying something since we’ve been here by ourselves for almost an hour now.” I said. that wasn't too bad.

“It’s okay. I didn’t actually realize there was someone else here until just recently.” he replied. This guy is weird, I introduced myself but doesnt even bother to introduce himself. Oh well... I'll let him be.

“Well, yeah. You seem to be lost in your own world since I arrived here.” I chuckled. “I know this is weird but why do you look like a thief in the middle of the night? What’s with the mask and the hoodie. If I’m paranoid, I might think you’re a killer.” I said while laughing. I couldn't help it. The way he looks right now stands out too much that I can't stop myself from hitting on it.

“What if I am?” he said seriously. Oops! did I just piss him off? He looks so defensive. Did I hit the wrong button? I don't think so though. I made it clear that what I said was meant to be taken as a joke, annyway.

“Then I’m a serial killer.” I retorted and he laughed. Confirmed. He's not pissed with what I said.

After a minute, he stopped laughing and went quiet again. I just stared at him, waiting if he's about to say something. Without uttering a word, I saw him slowly removing his hoodie. He's gorgeous. With that face, I don't understand why he's hiding it.

“Not bad. I don’t get why you had to hide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter