She's not Answering

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP POV

October 5, 2013

Today is the last day for the series of events that I have to participate in for the Busan International Film Festival. There’s nothing much to do today except for the Awarding Ceremony tonight. We went out for some drinks after the Blue Carpet event last night and I woke up with a slight hangover.

I texted Ashley as soon as I woke up but she hasn’t replied yet. I think she’s too caught up with work again. Aigoo. I think I met someone as busy as I am right now.

I haven’t completed the last mission that I promised Ashley I will be doing, that is to go to the beach of Busan. Right now it’s 3pm and I think I have enough time to swing by the beach. I know Ashley said that I don’t necessarily have to complete the mission and she already confirmed that she’ll save a day for me but it would feel better if I make sure that I’ve done everything she wanted to do here. I decided to call manager hyung to verify if I can.

“Yeobosayo?” he answered after a couple of rings.

“Hyung. Did I call in a bad time?” I asked.

“Aniyo. I’m just resting in my room. Is there a problem?” he replied.

“I was just wondering, is it possible for us to drop by the beach today before the awarding ceremony?” I asked nervously.

“Yah! Tabi-ah! What’s up with you? Why do you insist on going out these days? Are you sick or something?” he scolded.

“It’s not that hyung. I havent’ gone to Busan for quite some time now and I just felt like roaming around the place.” I lied.

“You do know there are a lot of people here, right?” he reminded me.

“Neh, hyung. I was just hoping if there’s a possibility to go out since we don’t have anything to do here in the hotel room anyway.” I said, more like begged. Manager hyung stayed quiet for a couple of minutes.

“Aigoo. The Commitment has a booth by the beach, we can probably do a surprise visit. This is two birds hitting with one stone. One, you can go by the beach and two, it’s a good PR strategy, the star of the moving visiting the booth. Are you okay with that?” he suggested and this made me giddy.

“Yes hyung! That’s a great idea! What time should we leave?” I excitedly asked.

“I’ll call the stylist to come up to your room, we’ll leave in an hour. I’ll call the security and fix the logistics first.” Manager hyung said.

“Thank you hyung! You’re the best!” I cheered.

“This better be the last stunt you pull for this trip. I won’t allow any other requests. You’re tiring the whole team out because of your antics!” he warned.

“Yes hyung, I promise! I’ll treat the whole team for dinner tonight! Saranghae hyung!!!” I assured him.

“Arasso. Go prepare now. I’ll see you in an hour!” he said and hang up.

I excitedly went to the bathroom to take a bath. After bathing, I heard my doorbell ring, signaling the arrival of the stylist team. I thanked everyone in the room for their patience and understanding for this last minute activity and I’m glad they didn’t have any issues with it. After roughly an hour of preparing, we headed for the beach.

I spent about 30 minutes in the booth. I was surprised that my friend Soohyuk also decided to visit the booths by the beach.

After taking a few shots within the booth and doing a short interview, I decided to walk by the beach. My leisure walking was cut short to about 10 minutes due to the situation. I didn’t want to leave but the security team suggested for us to take our leave since they are already having a hard time doing crowd control. I didn’t bother to contest for I know how hard it could be if I don’t leave the place immediately.

Once I got back the hotel, I messaged Ashley with a picture of me walking along the beach with the caption, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I was expecting her to respond or call but I didn’t get any. Hmmm… did anything happen. I tried to call her but she wasn’t picking up as well. I hope everything is well back in Seoul. She might be just caug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter