Ohana Means Family

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP POV

 

After the dubbing, I asked manager hyung to drop me off my parents’ house. I’m so excited to see them again. It’s been months since the last time I actually went home. I get to talk to them over the phone almost every day but it’s still different when you get to spend time with them without thinking that anyone or anything would come in the way and disturb us.

It was a long ride, I think I was really dead tired as I fell asleep during the 45 minute drive. I jolted and woke up from my sleep when I heard my manager saying that we’ve arrived.

“Thanks for the ride hyung.” I mentioned as I prepared to get off the car.

“No worries, Big Seunghyun-ah. I’ll see you next week for your rehearsal for Jiyong’s concert. Just text me where I should pick you up, arasso?” he reminded me.

“Arasso hyung. You have a good rest too. I know you miss your family just the way I do. Let’s maximize this time while we don’t have a packed schedule. You know how erratic it could be once we get back to business.”

“Neh. Thanks Big Seunghyun-ah. See you!” he said as I got off the car and bid each other goodbye.

I rang the doorbell. As I waited for the door to open, I hear squabbling sound from the other side of the door. As soon as the door flung open, I see my mom and I immediately hugged her, making her feel how happy I am seeing her. I miss this. I missed my Omma.

“Seunghyun-ah… I missed you” my mom said still hugging me.

“Aigoo. I missed you too mom. I’m sorry, I wasn’t able to drop by more often.” I said as my conscience bugged me for not being able to give time to my family more than I should be.

Our short reunion was disturbed by our dogs barking at me. Charlie was really enthusiastic as he jumped on me the moment omma let go of our hug. I bent down and hugged our three dogs.

“Aigoo… you guys missed me too didn’t you? Hyung is already here. I’ll spend time with you guys.” I patted their heads and stood up as we entered the house.

Upon entering the house, I saw appa sitting on the couch watching TV. I approached him and gave a slight hug. “Appa, I’m home.” I mentioned as I situated myself beside him in the couch.

“It’s good to see you around here, son. You look really tired. How have you been coping with your work?” he asked calmly with a hint of concern in his eyes.

“I’m doing good, Appa. It’s really tiring but I’m coping really well. I’m just glad right now that I was given a break.” I answered. I feel good right now. This is the feeling you can only get when you’re home. Home with your family.

We were doing our catch up talk when I heard footsteps from the 2nd floor rushing down the stairs. “Is that Seunghyunie?” I heard my noona’s voice as she appeared from the stairwell. “Dongsaeng-ah!!!!” She ran to me shouting and crashed her body to mine. “Ouch! Noona! Careful! I might end up being injured. You may be petite but your bones hurt, okay?” I teasingly said as I shoved her off me.

“Yeah right! I know you missed me.” She scoffed.

“Ofcourse, I did. You’re my favorite sister, you know!”

“But I’m your only sister!” she retorted

“Exactly. I don’t have a choice but for you to be my favorite.” I chuckled and I see her walking away and heading towards the kitchen screaming for Omma.

“Aigoo. You two. Stop that. Come on, let’s have dinner. I cooked your favorite meal Seunghyunie” Mom interjected while my sister was still pouting. Haha. I really love teasing noona.

We had a sumptuous dinner that night, thanks to omma. Nothing beats the meals cooked by omma, not even the finest restaurant out there. We talked about the things that I did during the time I wasn’t able to go home often. I learned that my sister is 5 weeks pregnant. Aigoo, this girl. How can she act like a kid when she’s about to have her own. She should be taking care of her body. How can she run down th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter