A Day Out

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After eating breakfast, Ashley and Seunghyun headed straight to their next destination. As expected, Ashley bugged him to tell her or atleast give her a hint on where they are going but to no avail, Seunghyun just kept on driving and shrugging off all the tactics Ashley pulled for him to tell her where they were going.

After an hour drive, Seunghyun finally pulled over to what seemed like a very modern building.

“We’re here.” He said while flashing an excited smile.

“Oh! Where are we?” she inquired while removing her seatbelt.

“You mentioned you liked art and I appreciate art very well so I talked to a friend who happens to be an artist if it’s possible to do a preview of his soon to be released collection.” He said as he removed his seatbelt and turned off the car’s engine. “I hope you like my idea.” He said nervously since it’s impossible to decipher what’s going on Ashley’s head.

“You’re very sensible oppa! I never thought you’ll remember what I said! I actually like going to galleries. It relaxes me in some way.” She smiled brightly.

“Let’s go!” he said.

They spent time roaming around the building. As Ashley was meticulously looking at every detail of the paintings, Seunghyun kept his distance and observed Ashley. He knew that he did the right choice to bring Ashley to a gallery. She seemed more relaxed and it was obvious that she was enjoying what she was seeing.

“Oppa! I really like modern art. It amazes me how one painting can be interpreted in so many different ways.” She approached her and dragged him to stay beside me.

“I like it too! although, the classical type of art is classy and sophisticated but modern art, especially the recent abstract paintings by the not-so-popular artists never fails to amuse me.” He explained.

“I know right?! Oppa! Take a photo of me with that painting!” she grabbed his hand and ran to the painting right in the middle of the room. She took out her phone and gave it to Seunghyun as she positioned herself beside the masterpiece, smiling.

He took several photos then approached her to check if he got the angle right.

“Great! Thanks oppa!” she said and grabbed her phone. She intertwined her arms on his and posed. “Oppa! Let’s take a photo too.” he was surprised by her action but smiled trying to hide his amusement.

“I thought you don’t like photos?” he asked, confused because he clearly remembered the two encounters they had that involved a camera.

“I don’t like taking pictures using other people’s camera since I know that they’ll post it somewhere or they’ll show it to people. But I like taking pictures with people I’m really comfortable with.” The last line didn’t fail to capture Seunghyun’s attention.

“So, you’re saying you’re comfortable with me?” he fished.

“Duh?! I wouldn’t go out with you today if I wasn’t.” she confirmed.

“Then, would you mind if we take photos using my phone as well?” he nervously asked, not sure if she’ll accept his offer.

“Ofcourse not! I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t post it anywhere.” She laughed. He immediately took out his phone and started taking photos as well.

After the tour in the gallery, Seunghyun told her that they’ll be moving to their next destination.

“You really had this whole day planned out, huh?” Ashley teased as they settled inside the car, ready to move to the next destination.

“Ofcourse! I have too. This is our first official date and I had to go through a lot just to get this one day off with you so I’m not going to put that to waste.” He confidently said as he drove off.

Hearing what he said made her blush. She could feel that her face is starting to turn into a tomato. “Oppa! Why do you keep calling this a date?!” she said trying to conceal her blushing.

“What do you want to call this then?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” She replied.

“Look. Ashley, I’m serious when I said I wanted to go out on a date with you. I know I’m being vocal right now, and I don’t want to put you in an awkward situation but seriously, I battled against myself for the past few days to make sure I wouldn’t say or do anything that I would regret. I haven’t gone out on a date for a really long time now. I know I seem like a person who would go out and meet girls but with all honesty, I don’t.” he said while driving. When he did not hear anything from her, he took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter