We're One

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Ashley’s brother left the house, they decided to freshen up and rest.

“Jagiya!” Ashley called as soon as TOP finished changing to his pyjamas. She tapped the space beside her in bed signalling him to lay beside her. He smiled and situated himself beside her.

“Thank you for going here. You should have told me beforehand.” She hugged him tightly showing him how much she missed him.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you.” he smirked and hugged her back. “You missed me?” he asked and she nodded.

“What made you decide to surprise me? This is so not you.” she asked still hugging him as if he’s going to go somewhere.

“I miss my girlfriend so much, that I just found myself booking a flight to get here.” He kissed her forehead, and she chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?” he hissed and she broke their hug.

“Jagiya, what happened earlier was not how I imagine you being introduced to my brother.” She shook her head remembering the look in her brother’s face when she introduced him.

“Me neither. I wasn’t prepared at all.” He admitted, chuckling.

“Just the way I met your sister.” She recalled how surprised she were when she met his family.

“I know. We’re even now. I almost got a heart attack back there.” He giggled.

“What did you talk about earlier?” she was itching to ask this question ever since her brother left.

“That’s a secret.” He pinched her nose making her scoff.

“Secret?! Just to remind you, Mr. Choi. I’m the one you’re in a relationship with, not him. So better tell me what that crazy brother of mine talked to you about.” She will not back down until he says something about it.

“Love, don’t use that scare tactic. we just had the typical guy talk. Nothing to be curious about.” He’s sticking to his promise but he knows that she won’t stop.

“Fine.” She sighed. “Let’s rest now. I’m sure you’re tired.” She coldly said and laid down pulling the duvet over her shoulders.

Aish. Now she’s pissed. He thought. He moved closer to her and hugged her but she didn’t budge. “Aigoo. Why are you so curious about it?” he cooed.

“It’s fine, Seunghyun. If you can’t say it then I won’t push for it.” She moved her body facing him and hugged him. “Let’s sleep now.” she moved her head closer to the nook of his neck.

He jerked up which surprised Ashley. “It’s obviously not fine. You called me Seunghyun. This is the first time you ever called me by my first name.” he sighed remembering what her brother told him. Ashley will not say when she’s pissed. “Why are you very eager to know it? Tell me.” He sternly said looking at her straight in the eyes.

She sighed and sat up resting her head on the headboard of her bed. “I know how protective my brother can be. Ever since I broke up with my last boyfriend, he started threatening the guys around me.” She explained. “I’m fine with him doing that to other guys but not with you.” she admitted.

He moved closer to her and held her hand. “Love, all brothers will be like that. It’s understandable to be protective over his sister. If it’s going to make you feel better, I’ll tell you what we talked about.” He gave in. “Yes. Your brother threatened me.” He admitted.

“That bastard!” her eyes burning in anger. “I told him not to. He’s going to get it from me.” She attempted to get up to grab her phone but he stopped her.

“I’m not yet done.” He clarified. “Yes he threatened me. He threatened me not to hurt you and to protect you or else he’ll make me suffer. Ash, that’s genuine concern right there, and there’s nothing wrong with what he said. That’s my role, anyway.” He tried to calm her down, which worked since she sat back to the bed again. “Plus, he told me he trusts me. I was surprised why he suddenly changed his tone but before he called you back, he told me that he trusts me.” He made sure not to tell her the exact details of what they discussed.

“Seriously? He said that?” she was surprised that her brother easily trusted this man. Among her siblings, it’s Drei who is more adamant to guys who are getting close to her.

“He did.” He smiled.

“You must have impressed that kiddo.” She smirked. “He’s one tough nut to crack when it comes to me.” She hugged him. “Thank you, Jagiya.”

“Why do you keep on thanking me. I’m the one who’s supposed to be thankful, coz your brother accepted me.” He caressed her.

“Until when are you staying here?” she asked.

“I have to go back tomorrow night.” He stated.

“What?!” she was surprised. She thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter