Too Busy

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfortunately, TOP’s MV shoot extended until the next day. He just had the time to go home and take a bath then went to the next location of the shoot. The second day of shoot was very hectic as well. they were scheduled to be done by 11pm, but it’s past midnight now and it would still take another hour or 2 before they wrap up. They took a 30-minute break since the production team had to change the set design. He went straight to his dressing room hoping to catch a quick nap.

 

“Yah! Seunghyun-ah. You haven’t been checking your phone, it’s been ringing the whole day. you have 12 messages and a few missed calls right now.” His manager approached him passing his phone. He was too engrossed with his work that he totally forgot about his phone.

 

He opened his phone seeing 2 messages from his mother, 1 message each from the Big Bang members and 6 messages and 8 missed calls from Ashley. He mentally smacked himself for forgetting about texting or calling Ashley. He immediately read her messages not minding the others first.

 

From Ashley: (8:12 pm)

Oppa. I just got home from my meeting. I already ate dinner.

I hope you did not skip your dinner.

Don’t forget to call me when you’re done.

 

From Ashley: (11:38 pm)

I think you’re still in the shoot. Please don’t exhaust yourself too much.

I’ll sleep now but please don’t forget to call me when you’re done.

 

From Ashley: (7:24 am)

Good morning, Oppa! Did you forget to call me yesterday?

Or don’t tell me your shoot is still not over.

 

From: Ashley: (1:36 pm)

Hey…  why are you not returning my calls and messages?

did anything bad happen to you? I’m worried sick now.

 

From: Ashley: (8:32 pm)

I guess you’re really busy. I’ll just wait for your call.

 

From: Ashley (11:30 pm)

Based on the schedule you sent, you’re done by 11pm.

Haven’t heard from you. I’ll sleep now.

 

. The last message doesn’t sound like her normal self. She must be pissed by now. he thought. He immediately dialled her number praying that she’s still awake. After a few rings…

 

“Hello” Ashley answered obviously awaken from his sleep.

“Ash… did I wake you?” he said carefully.

“Oppa?” she checked her screen to verify if it was really him.

“Neh. Mianhe. I forgot to check my phone while I was working.” He apologized.

“Are you done now?” she asked sternly without acknowledging his apology.

“I still have one last scene to shoot. I should be done in 2 hours.” He explained.

“And you’re on break now?” she asked.

“Neh.”

“Arasso, rest since it’s your break, call me again when you’re done.” She said in a serious tone.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked not sure on what to do since she’s acting really cold now.

She sighed. “I’m not mad. I’m a bit pissed but not because you’re busy. I just got worried. I was scared if something bad happened to you. Don’t mind me.” She shrugged.

“Mianhe.” He apologized again.

“I’m not mad at you, I was just worried coz you weren’t replying or answering any of my calls. Normally you’d get back to me after a few hours but now, I didn’t hear anything from you.” she explained, now in a more affectionate tone. “Now that I’m hearing that you’re okay, I’m all good. That’s what’s important. Just make sure to call me as soon as you get home. Arasso?” she cooed. She hates the fact that she knew nothing about what’s happening and all she could do is wait for him.

“You’re already sleeping by then. I’ll call you tomorrow but I’ll text you as soon as I get home.” He said not wanting to disturb her sleep again.

“It’s fine. I don’t have work tomorrow, so call me as soon as you’re home. I’ll go visit you there.” She suggested.

“Chincha?!” his eyes are about to pop out and excitement took over his system.

“Neh. Coz I don’t want to hear you whining about missing me again, and I just want to see my boyfriend.” She smirked.

“You should have told me earlier so I could have asked the whole production team to work faster.” He said.

“Duh?! Why did I keep on calling and messaging you again?!” she sarcastically said.

“Aish. Mianhe. Arasso. I’ll make sure we end soon. Sleep again, I’ll call you once I get home.” And all his stress was washed away. All he wants right now is to wrap up this shoot.

“Neh. Don’t exhaust yourself too much. Go and work now. I’m sleepy.” She said and he chuckled coz she’s starting to act cute now.

“Arasso, I love you!” he said and ended the call.

 

TOP worked twice as hard after the phone conversation. He focused and made sure everything was running smoothly. In less than an hour, they were able to wrap up. He bid goodbye to everyone and thanked them for working hard the past 2 days. All that’s left is the editing that would take 2 to three days and they’re ready to release his song.

 

He immediately went home and called Ashley once he got home. After a few minutes, he heard his doorbell rang. He rushed through the door.

 

“Anneong.” He was greeted by her with a big smile flashed in her face. He smiled back and let her in. as soon as the door closed, he immediately hugged Ashley.

“God, I missed you.” he muttered while embracing her. Ashley immediately wrapped her arms around him.

“I missed you, too, Oppa.” She said.

“Have you eaten?” she asked and TOP shook his head and right then he knew he’s in trouble.

“Tsk. I knew it.” She muttered as she released herself from the embrace. “Let’s go in, I brought you dinner. Eat first.” She instructed like a mom. TOP knew better but to follow her. He watched her set the table for him. He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter