Decisions Made

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

I was awaken by the monstrous sound of my mobile phone again. This morning is worse than any other mornings. Normally, I’d feel lazy to get up but after a few minutes I’d prepare myself and rush to work. Now, is different. I don’t feel lazy. I just don’t want to go to work. But I knew I don’t have a choice. Today is the day that I’m going to tell the president on my decision about the offer they presented to me yesterday. Don’t get me wrong.

The opportunity is great. I feel flattered that they have that amount of trust on me and my capability to make things work for the company. Removing the idea of moving out the country, I could have accept it without thinking twice. I would have thrown a party and shout to the world that hey! I just got my dream position! If only… but no. I have to leave and live in a foreign country. A country that I’ve always thought of my getaway place but never my residing country.

I quickly got up, since I don’t have any choice any way. I went to the bathroom for a quick bath, dolled up and headed to the garage to drive myself to work. Upon reaching my office, I see Mia welcoming me with a black coffee in hand.

“Hi Boss! You’re early today. You still have 30 minutes before your meeting with the President.” She said with a wide grin.

“Yeah, don’t start with me Mia. I literally dragged myself out of bed just to get here on time.” I shrugged.

“What’s with the y attitude? So what’s your decision?” she asked as if teasing me.

I smirked and said, “I’m not going to tell you first. Just wait for the president’s announcement. I’m pretty sure you’ll like my decision.” Haha. Mia can play with me right now but I don’t know what her reaction will be once she receives the news.

While waiting for the meeting, I gathered my team to discuss projects and to make sure everything is running smoothly. I’m really proud of this team, they can do things with minimal supervision. They are like my family, and just like a proud mama, I brag about all their accomplishments, coz they deserve it. After our meeting. I went straight to the office of Brenda.

“Good morning, Ashley!” She greeted me the moment I entered her room. I settled myself in one of the couches in her office lounge and greeted her as well.

“So what’s your decision?” she asked with a smile.

“Going straight to the point today, huh?” I smirked.

“Ashley, we both hate beating around the bush, so let’s go directly to the real deal. Is it a yes or a no?” she said with a hint of irritation in her voice.

“My answer is YES.” I said a saw her smile enthusiastically as if saying I knew it.

“YES but I have some conditions.” And it’s my turn to smirk as I see the smile in her face slowly escaping her lips and being replaced by her let’s-talk-business look.

“Come on Brenda, it’s obvious that when you offered the new position to me, I have no choice but to accept it. Don’t get me wrong. I am honestly flattered by your offer but I thought about things and realize that things would only work well if I have the conditions that I’m gonna give you. Believe me. It’s a win-win situation for me and the company.” I said.

“Shoot. What’s the deal?” she said sternly.

“I have 4 conditions.” I started.

“Four? Aren’t you enjoying this too much Ashley?” she objected.

“Brenda, you know me. Hear me out first. This won’t be against anything you’ve planned. Believe me.” I rebutted.

“Fine. Proceed.”

“My conditions are, and let me finish first before you say a thing…

1.)I get to have 1 week off every quarter to go home here in the Philippines. You know Brenda how important it is for me to be here and spend time with my family and friends. Yes, I love working but I still value the amount of time I would give to people who are important to me.

2.)If there’s an emergency or an important project with my personal business, I am allowed to work here remotely. I assure you that I will not abuse this. You know that my business is very important to me. It keeps me sane from all the workload that I have.

3.)My team gets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter