Problematic

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bigbang wrapped up their concert in Seoul on January. Of course, Ashley watched but unlike the other concerts where she dropped by the backstage, she didn’t this time. They argued about it, however, they both agreed that it would be too risky since Ashley’s company was not the sponsor and she had no reason to be there. Plus there were too many cameras on that day because they had to shoot the behind the scenes plus the crew of Return of Superman was there shooting Haru and Tablo’s visit.

 

Months have passed and they finally found the balance in managing their schedules. Ashley had to fly back and forth in Japan while TOP was shooting his movie. Despite their busy schedules, they tried to see each other, mostly one sleeping over the other’s house. Since their schedules are both erratic, having the passcode of each other’s house helped.  Whenever TOP would go home late and Ashley would already be sleeping, he’ll go to her house to spend the night there and Ashley would leave him in the morning. In times where TOP is already home in the afternoon, sleeping or resting, it would be Ashley going to his house to bond with him or rest with him.

 

April 2014 – Ashley’s Office

 

“Hey boss, you called me?” Mia asked after getting a message from her to go to her office.

“Is there anything in my schedule this afternoon?” she asked her. Mia immediately checked her schedule.

“Nope. All your meetings are done. Why? You want me to arrange something for you?” Mia asked.

“Want to go out?” she asked her.

“Now?” Mia surprised with her question.

“Yeah. There’s nothing on my schedule, anyway.” She shrugged.

“You okay?” Mia worriedly asked. She never ditched her work but right now she wanted to go out.

“Yup. Let’s go.” She immediately stood up and Mia followed her.

She instructed her driver to drive to one of the most exclusive restaurants in Seoul. Ashley was not saying a thing and Mia was just observing her. Working under her for years now, she knows that she should just wait for her to talk instead of asking questions. As soon as they arrived at the restaurant, Mia was amazed with where they are. She knew how expensive it is to dine there.

“I know what you’re thinking.” Ashley broke the silence after situating themselves in one of the rooms. “Yes. It’s expensive to dine here, consider yourself lucky coz right now, I don’t feel like hiding the fact that I can afford to dine here. I love their wine selection here.” She smirked. “and don’t you dare tease me about this.” She hissed.

“Why are you so cranky?!” Mia bickered.

“I don’t know. I just know I want a decent wine and steak.” She smiled and Mia can only shake her head.

While waiting for their order, Ashley took out her cigarette and lit one.

“Okay. That’s it. Speak. Now.” Mia sternly said while looking at her.

“What?” she was surprised with the sudden interrogation from Mia.

“the last time I saw you smoke was when one major project failed. And that was about a year ago. You smoking when you haven’t even drank anything or eaten anything indicates that there’s something wrong. Speak. Now. and don’t you dare say nothing is going on.” Mia is worried but she knows that if she doesn’t come out strong, Ashley wouldn’t budge.

“I don’t know. I just feel…” Ashley sighed. “I feel like I’m starting to be sensitive.”  She admitted.

“Sensitive in what sense?” Mia clarified.

“You know how logical I am. I don’t normally allow myself to feel sad or depressed over something menial. But these days, I randomly feel sad over small things.” She shared.

“Small things like?” Mia has a feeling on where this is going.

“Things like time…” she sighed. “I hate this. I feel uncomfortable with the fact that my boyfriend gets to spend time with other girls when I barely see him. If I do, he’d either be asleep or I’m the one sleeping.” She started.

“I understand that this is all part of it. And I know I’m not supposed to make a big deal out this but there’s a nagging feeling that I can’t seem to brush off.”

“Is this about Sohee? You saw their ad didn’t you?!” Mia is trying to dissect her thoughts and she nodded.

“If you’re thinking I’m jealous. No. it’s not that. I just envy her coz she gets to spend time with him while I can’t.” she admitted. “I know it’s stupid to think this way, but I just can’t help it.” She sighed again.

“It’s not stupid to feel that way. It just proves that you’re human. It’s natural for us to feel uncomfortable when the person we love spends more time with other people than us.” Mia comforted her. “Have you talked about this?” she asked and Ashley shook her head.

“When was the last time you saw each other?” Mia asked trying to understand why Ashley feels this way. She normally doesn’t make a big deal out of these things.

“about a week ago, when he went to my house after he got back from the airport. I was sleeping when he came in.” she shared.

“I meant, when was the last time you saw each other with the both of you wide awake?” Mia scoffed.

“3 weeks ago?” Ashley answered not quite sure.

“Gosh. Now it makes more sense.” Mia muttered. “You two have to talk about this. You should tell him. If you don’t tell him how you feel, he would think that you’re okay. I’m pretty sure he’s doing his best to find time for the both of you but it’s important for him to know how you feel.” Mia suggested.

“I’m fine with it. I don’t want to burden him about what I feel.” She refused her suggestion.

“Here you go again, why do you think that when you say how you feel, it’s always a burden. You may say that it’s fine but here you are, obviously not fine. He deserves to know this, Ash.” Mia insisted.

“I don’t know.” She’s still unsure.

“Your call. But mind you, if those feelings pile up, you might end up devastated. Better cure it now than be sorry in the future. Just my two cents.” Mia advised.

“I’ll think about it. Anyway, can we not talk about this and just relax.” Ashley changed the topic not wanting to deal with whatever she’s feeling at the moment.

After that, they never talked about it throughout the night. They ate steak and shar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter