2 Different Worlds

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

August 12, 2013

I was having a wonderful dream about unicorns and rainbows until a blasting sound turned unicorns to monsters and rainbows to storm. Ugh. Great. All I want is to have a peaceful sleep. Without opening my eyes, I try to search for the source of the annoying sound. As I move my hand from left to right, up and down, I can't seem to find it. Forcibly opening my right eye, I see the noisy monster off my bed. Oh. I guess I kicked my phone off the bed again. I pick my phone up and pressed snooze. 5 minutes. that's all I need. just 5 more minutes. I dozed off to sleep again.

The annoying monster decided to piss the hell out off me as it releases a reverberating sound across the room again, I guess I don't have a choice but to get up. I turn the alarm off and browsed through my calendar. 

Notification: Emergency Management Meeting 9am, Boardroom A.

"Meeting for breakfast again." I mumbled while wrapping myself with the duvet. 9 am. How much time do I have? I looked at the upper left hand corner of my mobile phone, it reads: 7:48 am. ". 1 hour from my house to the office. I have 12 minutes to prepare. Gaaaaah!" screaming my lungs out I head to the bathroom and did the fastest bathing that could probably set a world record. After dressing up, I rush to the car and drove off in record time.

On the first stop light, I apply my make up, this has been my routine. Being a nocturnal person, waking up and getting ready for work is like a battlefield. I check the time, "8:50am, and I'm not even near the office, I guess I'll do a graceful entrance again for the meeting." I thought. I should call my secretary to let them know I'll be late.

"Hello" the other line answered.

"Hey Mia, I just saw my calendar and it says I have a meeting at 9 am. I checked my calendar last night and didnt see that schedule, what is that meeting for?" I asked.

"Oh! Sorry about that boss. I just got a call this morning from the President's Executive Assistant, she told me that it was a meeting called by the President and everyone is expected to show up. She said that the president has a very important announcement to make." She answered.

"Ugh. It's almost 9am and you know I'm not a morning person and I set my alarm at 7:30 thinking that I have to be at the office at 10..." 

"Don't worry boss! I did mention that to Lenny earlier when I made a call. I kinda knew you wouldn't make it on time..."

"Wow! thank you so much for that. I feel so honored." I sarcastically said.

"Haha. I just know you to well, boss! Anyway, Lenny said that Ms. Reyes said it's okay if you'd come in late so long as you get there. They'd discuss other matters first." she consoled. and I release a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Mia, what will I do without you! I'll be there around 9:15."

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter