Final showdown

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“1 year? What do you mean by 1 year?? If he uses it any longer he will forget the rest of us and Chorong unnie as well!!” Naeun exclaimed impatiently. She couldn’t believe what Ji Hoon was doing sacrificing everything they had been through for this battle.

 

Min Jun: Calm down, he had no choice. I understand why he chose this path. He would rather forget her than lose her entirely. He must be thinking that he would be able to regain his memories even after losing them.

Naeun: Has he ever used it before?

Min Jun: Once. But he forgot a lot back then. It even took him a while to remember me, his twin brother. After he discovered that ability, he made sure to never use it again as the cost was too great. Losing memories were just not worth it although it gave him that kind of power. The zero state puts a lot of tension on Ji Hoon’s brain cells the longer he uses them. Since they require complete focus, this makes him surpass the limits of his body’s potential making him even more powerful.

Bomi: Isn’t there another way??

Min Jun: If he had discovered another way, he would have not used this technique. Let’s just hope he ends the battle quickly, otherwise both Ji Hoon and Chorong are in danger.

 

As Chorong tried her best to breathe like normal, she couldn’t. She felt harder to breathe as if some part of her lungs had stopped working and every time she inhaled, her lungs stung. Chorong’s gasps were heard as Ji Hoon knew he didn’t have much time.

 

Fang: Oh, looks like the girl’s time is running out. You’d better not be bluffing with this new technique of yours or else…

Ji Hoon: Enough talk! Let’s fight!!!

 

Without wasting time, Ji Hoon lunged forward and did a hard strike on Fang’s stomach. Fang was taken aback but it didn’t have much effect. Ji Hoon didn’t quit as he kept throwing punches as Fang tried to counterattack but he was too fast. The more hits Ji Hoon did made him eventually slow down as he ran out of stamina. Fang saw an opening and used his knee to hit Ji Hoon directly on his face as he fell backwards.

When Ji Hoon landed on the ground, Fang didn’t waste any time and stepped on his chest to restrict him from getting up.

 

Fang: Useless. Whatever you just tried on me, had no effect whatsoever.

 

Ji Hoon was hit badly. Although he was faster than Fang in the zero state, he wasn’t invulnerable like Fang but in fact he took more damage in the zero state. His speed was increased but at the cost of his defence as well.

He tried to get Fang’s foot off his chest but he was in too much pain. Somehow he still managed to maintain a huge grin on his face.

 

Fang: What are you so smug about? The girl is about to die and you are about to run out of time.

Ji Hoon: Are you really sure my punches had no effect on you whatsoever?

 

Ji Hoon lifted his right hand and snapped his fingers when Fang took a step back and flinched while holding his chest. His face showed agony and pain as it seemed like he was getting hurt badly.

 

Fang: ARGH! Why am I feeling pain?? What did you do??

 

He slowly got up as he began to explain the technique that he had used to make take damage even with the invulnerable nanomachines of his.

 

SHADOW SHATTER STRIKE

 

Fang couldn’t believe what he had just heard. How could such a pathetic move be his ultimate weakness?

 

Fang: You mean…

Ji Hoon: Yes. When Min Jun hit you earlier I noticed that it had the most effect on getting rid of the nanomachines that were protecting you. The only problem was he wasn’t fast enough to get many hits on you unlike me. I noticed that after a while, you had a dent on your chest which revealed that you were somehow wounded by that attack but it took time to work.

Fang: Impossible. I’m not going to lose by-

 

Without realizing it, the damage was finally getting to him as he fell down and he spat out blood that was mixed with nanomachine liquid. Ji Hoon had definitely found a technique to defeat him and if he didn’t do something about it, he was going to lose.

 

Ji Hoon: Give up. Order the nanomachines to stop killing Chorong or else I will be forced to kill-

 

Suddenly he got hit by Fang quickly in the face with a punch as he fell backwards. Fang was now much faster and had increased his body surpassing his limits. As Fang clenched his fist, he ignored the pain as he pushed himself beyond his maximum limits vowing to destroy Ji Hoon.

 

Fang: You took everything that I loved from me and I promise to do the same or I will die trying. I’ve pushed the nanomachines in my body to the maximum and although it might kill me, I only need to kill you first.

 

As the both of them knew they had their reasons for fighting each other, it was now a contest of speed. Both would not lose.

 

 

Min Jun: Oh no. This is bad.

Naeun: What? Why are you saying that?

Min Jun: Since Fang is putting up more of a fight now, Ji Hoon is forced to go even faster if he wants to defeat Fang. Not only will this battle be prolonged, but now Ji Hoon will be forced to use even more power. The zero state can give you power, but in return he will be sacrificing even more memories at this rate.

 

Ji Hoon pushed himself to his maximum potential and so did Fang. Both were not giving any chances to the other. The two of them had their resolutions and were going to fight to the end.

 

Fang lunged forward and kicked Ji Hoon with a triple combo on his stomach as he fazed backwards for a moment but wasted no time to get back at him with a shatter punch in the face. The nanomachines were still protecting him, but soon he would run out.

 

Naeun: What’s happening? The two of them are getting direct hits bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter