Unforgotten Beginnings

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl was standing by the side of the road. Her looks somewhat resembled of Park Chorong, the famous leader of Apink. She stared into the sun smiling just looking around. She walks into a park and started smelling the flowers. In the middle was a fountain and the wind was blowing leaves around the park.

 

Ah. This smells wonderful. I hope everyday could be like this. Nothing to worry about. No work to do, and best of all I can do whatever I want!

She thought to herself.

 

A guy running towards her as he stops at a distance and just looks at her from afar. While catching his breath he takes a few minutes to look at her enjoying herself while his mouth starts to grin widely. As the girl was admiring more of the flora and fauna she spots him and shouts...

 

Girl: Ji Hoon oppa! Over here!

 

It was obvious he had been looking at her from afar. As he walks over to her she says

 

Girl: Oppa! Why are you late! I have been waiting for 15 minutes now!

Ji Hoon: Hye won-ah, I’m sorry. I woke up a little late. I wanted to sleep a little later as I wasn’t working today. But I forgot to snooze my alarm and woke up late.

Hye Won: “Hmph. I took leave from work for us to spend time together today and all you can think about is sleeping more. Why don’t you just go home and sleep then. I wouldn’t want to interrupt your relationship with the bed” she said pouting.

Ji Hoon: “Oh no! What should we do? My Hye won is now angry” he said playfully.

Hye Won: Who said I am yours? Don’t simply refer to me as one of your property!!

 

Hye Won sulking like a small girl just lost a toy, Ji Hoon knew the only way to cheer her up. He excused himself for a few minutes and came back with something in his hand.

 

Ji Hoon: Here! Take it.

Hye Won: Huh?

 

As Hye Won turned around, Ji Hoon was holding an ice cream in his hand for her. She smiled as she took it from his hand and started eating it quickly.

 

Ji Hoon: Ah! Why are you eating it like that! If anyone saw this, they would definitely call you a boy. Only boys eat like that.

 

Hye Won looked at him with a playful angry eyes. He looked at her as the both of them started to laugh at each other. They went to a swing in the park and started to sit down eating the ice cream together.

Suddenly Hye Won said,

 

Hye Won: Oppa, do you remember how we met?

 

Ji Hoon: Of course I do. How can I forget…

 

(Flashback within a flashback begins)

 

It was raining heavily. Hye Won was walking home with a bright red umbrella. Suddenly a few men walking in the rain stopped in front of her.

Man: Hey girl! What are you doing walking in the rain all by yourself? Want me to walk you home?

 

Hye Won tries to walk away but he got in her way blocking her from leaving.

 

Man: Hey! You’re really rude you know! Why don’t you just reply me!

Hye Won: No! I just want to get home!

Man: I’m sorry but I don’t take no for an answer. Either we take you to your house or you follow us to my house. And then…

 

He starts to laugh while giving a erted look at her. Hye Won tries to run but her wrists get grabbed by the man.

 

Man: Trying to run?! I won’t let you!!

 

Suddenly a voice was heard.

“Let her go”. A man in a black coat stood in the rain. It was Ji Hoon.

 

Man: Ah! A hero eh?! You’d better get lost before we beat you up.

Ji Hoon: Whatever you do to me I don’t care. But I can’t bear to see such a pretty lady like her being touched by the likes of you.

 

Hye Won looked at him. The first thing that caught her attention was his bright red eyes.

The man started to get angry as he tried to punch Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon dodged the punch with ease.

 

I can easily take the three of them down right here right now. But, that might attract more attention than necessary.

 

Ji Hoon thought to himself. He sighed as he knew what he had to do.

This time the man lunged at Ji Hoon again and hit him directly in the face.

 

Man: Hah! The first time you dodged me was beginners luck!

 

The man called his companions as the three of them started to beat him up. Ji Hoon getting beat up was laughing to himself deep inside. He knew that he could have easily beaten them up but it wasn’t worth it. The punches they were giving him were also fairly weak. He acted like he couldn’t get up anymore as he lied on the ground acting all beat up and in pain.

 

The men then shouted foul words towards him and spat at him in the rain. The men dragged Hye Won away with them as she looked back at him in pity wishing that he hadn’t interfered. Once they were out of sight, Ji Hoon got up and ran into an alley. He took off his black coat as it revealed a black tight costume similar to those of a modern ninja. Pulling a  mask that covered his mouth and nose, he ruffled off his hair and he looked a little different. He dashed up jumping from house to house, catching up to the men in an instant.

 

The men were dragging Hye Won to their house as she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Hye Won: Stop it! I’m going to call the police!

 

When she said the word police, their faces changed.

 

Man: Police?! How dare you!

 

He took her into a corner of a dark alley as he said,

 

Man: “If that’s how you want it to be, no more nice guy!” he said while pulling her coat off.
 

As Hye Won wanted to scream or cry for help, one of the men with them got pulled into a corner.

 

Agh!

Shouts were heard. Following silence.

 

As the other man went to check, he too was beat up, and thrown out of the corner.

 

Man: Show yourself!!

 

Coming out of the alley was Ji Hoon in a full black tight fitting costume suit with a mask covering his face. The man charged at him as Ji Hoon too fast for him punched him in the face, grabbed him by the neck and said,

Ji Hoon: “If I ever see you doing this again, I will not only break your arms, but I will make sure you will never be able to eat using that mouth ever again” while knocking him out with a punch on the head.

 

Hye Won looking shocked as she looked closely at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon hoping that she won’t recognize him looked at her and asked her if she was alright.

 

Hye Won: What are you doing in that costume? Aren’t you that guy that got beat up earlier?

 

Ji Hoon only could stand in silence as he knew his plan to not let them recognize him failed. Sure, the men who were gangsters surely did not recognize him but he guess that she was more observant.

 

Ji Hoon: Err, what are you talking about? I just came by accidentally.

 

She laughed at him without stopping as Ji Hoon probably knew that she found out it was him behind the mask.

 

Hye Won: Don’t try to fool me! I can recognize you with that bright red eyes. By the way, your eyes are beautiful.

 

Ji Hoon did in fact know that it was unusual that he was born with bright red eyes. When he was young he was told by many people that his eyes were a bright shade of red which had its own flare. Some of the kids in school however said he was the son of the devil for having such eyes.

 

She was one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter