Awake

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji: Chorong unnie… you should come back now.

Bomi: Yeah. You’ve stayed almost 5 days in a row now. It’s hard to sleep here. The sofa is so hard.

 

Chorong wasn’t paying attention to the members because she was only concerned with one thing.

Ji Hoon.

He has been unconscious for five days now. Chorong was blaming herself. She felt that it was all her fault. The doctor came in and took Ji Hoon’s daily readings and saw how his blood flow was going, stuff like that. Chorong always asked the doctor the same question.

 

Chorong: Doctor! How is he doing? Is he any better than yesterday? Will he wake up?

Doctor: Sigh. I don’t know. People’s conditions change all the time but that doesn’t mean he’ll wake up. It could be 4 days, 2 months and even years. Even I don’t know. Be honest with you, there are even people who don’t wake up forever. When people are in a coma, they are unpredictable.

 

Chorong kept quiet as she put her head down. The doctor didn’t feel good having to tell her that. He tried to give her some good news.

 

Doctor: But, this man will probably wake up. He lived through the worst. The bullet hit a part in his chest that was dangerous for him. Somehow he managed to survive one of the hardest surgeries ever. He is one of the few that actually made it after getting shot that badly. Believe in him.

 

After saying that, the doctor left as Chorong held his hand. The other members felt sorry for her and didn’t dare to say anything. She was in a really sensitive position now.

 

Chorong: It doesn’t matter. No matter how long it takes. I will wait right here for you.. Ji Hoon oppa.

 

 

Ji Hoon was having his own dream inside his head as he was in the coma.

He was sitting under a tree and the wind was blowing hard. He was holding Chorong’s hand as the both of them just looked and smiled at each other.

 

Chorong: Oppa, you love me right?

Ji Hoon: Of course. Why do you even ask?

Chorong: Please don’t ever leave me. I want to stay here with you forever.

Ji Hoon: I promise you. I will stay here forever and ever.

 

The both of them hugged as they started to kiss passionately. After they were done, they just continued to hang around the place. It was beautiful. There were fields of flowers everywhere, a nice stream nearby and even the sun was shining brightly. It was truly paradise.

The couple would just spend day after day enjoying each other’s company. There was no one to fight with, no suffering, no pain.

One day when Ji Hoon was sitting under the tree enjoying the shade, Chorong was taking a nap lying down on his thigh when he saw a figure from afar walking towards him as he recognized it to be Hye Won. She walked closer and closer until they were both face to face.

 

Ji Hoon: Nice day right? What are you doing here?

Hye Won: No, the real question oppa, is what are you doing here?

Ji Hoon: I’m enjoying myself. Chorong is here with me and there is nothing that can separate us now. I’m happy and so is she.

Hye Won: That isn’t Chorong. This is not real. Wake up.

Ji Hoon: What? Just because I’m happy, this isn’t real? How can you say such a thing?

Hye Won: Don’t be an idiot. This place has made your senses dull. Think carefully Ji Hoon. She needs you right now. You have been asleep for far too long. It’s about time you woke up. I’ve got to go now. Wake up!!

 

As she said her last words she faded away as Ji Hoon just stopped to think for a moment. He looked around the place and wondered about what Hye Won had told him. He tried to get up as Chorong started to wake up because of him.

 

Chorong: Oppa, you awake?

Ji Hoon: Yeah. Let’s go explore somewhere new.

Chorong: Why oppa, aren’t you happy with where we are? Why not just continue to sleep?

Ji Hoon: I’m not tired. Let’s go.

 

He got up and started to explore like before as he saw a place that looked different. It was darker, like a forest.

 

Ji Hoon: Let’s go over there.

Chorong: N-no oppa. It looks scary. I prefer to stay over here.

Ji Hoon: I’ll go check it out.

Chorong: Don’t! I don’t want you to get hurt!!

 

She hugged him tightly and didn’t let him go. He broke the hug as he gave up and was about to walk back with her when he looked closely at her neck.

 

Ji Hoon: Chorong-ah..

Chorong: Yes?

Ji Hoon: Where’s that pink whistle I gave you to wear?

Chorong: What pink whistle?

Ji Hoon: You know, the one I told you to blow if you got into trouble?

 

She looked puzzled like she didn’t understand what he meant. At that moment Ji Hoon knew what he had to do. He let go of her hand as he ran towards the dark forest.

 

Chorong: Oppa!! No!! Where are you going!! You promised not to leave me!!

 

He knew something was wrong. He kept running as he finally reached inside the dark forest and went inside. Inside, it was creepy and dark. He didn’t like how it was. As he finally reached the middle he began to see the truth.

 

He saw Chorong, day by day, waiting for him by his bed in the hospital. He remembered everything as he then realized he had been asleep for all this time.

 

Ji Hoon: Wait for me. I’m coming back.

 

Ji Hoon focused as he told himself that it was all just a dream until the next thing he knew, he was staring into the hospital ceiling. A nurse was in his room taking his vitals when he woke up.

 

Nurse: Ah! You’re awake??? Finally!!! Doctor!!!

 

The nurse went out and called the doctor as he came running in.

 

Doctor: You’re awake!! It’s about time!!

Ji Hoon: Doctor…how long was I asleep?

Doctor: Well, it’s a miracle that you wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter