Shadow

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Stuck in the rubble, Ji Hoon was now stuck with Chorong while she was unconscious. Both of them stuck under the rubble, thanks to Ji Hoon’s speed they both survive the explosion.

If the rocks didn’t hold each other up, they would be crushed to death. Ji Hoon chose the spot he was going to pull Chorong and himself to so that they wouldn’t be hurt but only buried by the rocks.

Ji Hoon then saw the letter in her hand that she was holding from the explosion.

 

He left a letter with the bomb? If he thought I was going to die, why would he leave a letter?

Ji hoon thought to himself.

He opened the letter and started to read it.

 

Ji Hoon,

If you survive the explosion you must be reading this.

I have kidnapped the rest of the members that went

on the picnic. If you want to rescue them, come to

the building next to the docks.

 

Ji Hoon buried under the rubble started to worry.

Should I have let them stay at home where I could have protected them? What did I do wrong?

 

At that moment Chorong wakes up.

 

Chorong: o-oppa, what happened?

Ji Hoon: There was a bomb in the package. I saved you. Do you remember?

Chorong: Yeah. I do. Can we get out from under these rocks?

Ji Hoon: We need to wait until some people lift it from above. If we do anything, the whole place might collapse.

The two of them wait under the rocks. Both not saying a word. They didn’t feel like talking after what happened. Chorong was still in shock. Her life had been so peaceful all the time. The only hectic time she ever had was when they had tons of schedules and she had to film plus nine boys and she didn’t have time to rest.

All of a sudden Ji Hoon says,

 

Ji Hoon: I’m sorry I put you guys in this position.

Chorong: Oppa, it’s not your fault. If you weren’t here I would be dead by now.

Ji Hoon: The man that blew us up, I know who he is.

Chorong: Huh?

Ji Hoon: That man’s name is Kwang sik. But we don’t call him that. His nickname is ‘Burst’. He is an expert in explosives and crafts them at top speed. He knows how bombs work and his prediction skills are off the roof. Even if you can avoid his bombs, he might already have another bomb to where you are running to.

Chorong: But who is he? Where did he come from?

Ji Hoon: He is an assassin for hire. It seems that the people who are after you are now after me as I pose a threat to them. This man will not be easy to defeat. But now, as soon as possible we need to go find the other members.

Chorong: Huh?

Ji Hoon: Burst, kidnapped them. The explosions he put inside the package were only a little. He wanted to keep me alive. If he wanted to kill me, I would be dead by now.

 

The top of the rubble started to move.

“Is anyone in there?” a man shouted.

 

Ji Hoon: Yes! Please gently remove the rubble from the top. The rubble might come down if you are not careful.

 

“No worries! Sit tight and you’ll be out of there in no time” the reply came.

As Ji Hoon and Chorong waited people came by to help slowly remove the rubble without it collapsing. In time the fire brigade came to help and soon, both of them were able to climb out of the rubble alive.

Ji Hoon thanked everyone that came to help and gave them some excuses trying to avoid the topic that they got bombed. If people were to find out things would get messy.

Ji Hoon then took Chorong aside and said

 

Ji Hoon: I really want you to stay behind and to be safe. But if I leave you here, I’m afraid someone might come after you. Its best you follow me to the building.

 

Chorong nodded and Ji Hoon called some people to fix the kitchen as soon as possible.

The both of them then proceed to walk together to the warehouse by the docks as quickly as the could. Before they went inside, Ji Hoon looked at her and said

 

Ji Hoon: If anything happens I want you to run. Make sure that whatever happens, even if I am hurt and going to die, just run. If I lose I can’t protect you from him.

Chorong: Don’t say that oppa! How can you die when I need you to protect us! There’s another masked man after us, I don’t care! You are not leaving.

 

Ji Hoon then grabs her by the waist and proceeds to hug her. Chorong blushes uncontrollably as she secretly smiles.

 

Ji Hoon: “Chorong-ah… gomawo.” he said

 

After that they run into the warehouse as the rest of the members were tied up in chairs.

 

Naeun: Oppa! Over here!

 

Chorong was the first to run to the members as she reached them she checked to see if they were all okay.

Ji Hoon was busy checking the surroundings to see if there were any bombs nearby. Just as Chorong wanted to untie the members,

 

“You don’t want to do that” said Blast suddenly walking out of the corner.

 

Bomi: He rigged the chairs to explode if you untied the strings.

 

Ji Hoon: Chorong, stay close to the members, I’ll handle Blast.

Blast: Handle me? You handle me??

 

Hahahaha!!!

Blast kept laughing.

 

Blast: In the state you are in, it’s impossible for you to handle me. Last time, I used to look up to you! You were one of the best. But now? You’re resorting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter