The Past

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first few seconds, only silence remained. Nobody said a word. Shadow looked at Blast interlocking eyes as they observed each other carefully. Nobody making the first move as they didn’t know each other’s strength.

 

So, this means that the red eyed version of Ji Hoon was his former self called Shadow.

Chorong thought to herself.

 

In a blink of an eye, Shadow was no longer where he was a second ago, in the air now, Shadow tries to attack using an aerial strike.

 

Blast: Too slow!! Now is the time for me to use these traps!!

 

A y trap in the air exploded revealing knives being launched at Shadow. Shadow moved quickly within midair dodging all the knives and catching one of them.

 

Shadow: Thanks for the knife. As you know, I’m better at using blades than my fist.

 

Shadow moves quickly in attempt to slash Blast but he then dashes behind and throws a dynamite at Shadow.

Shadow even with his quick movement knew that he couldn’t dodge such a huge explosion so he cuts off the fuse for the dynamite so that it didn’t explode.

 

Blast: Not bad. Looks like you’ve gotten faster. But let me ask you, why aren’t you using your Godlike speed shukuchi now? You know that you move even faster with that being able to almost seem like you are teleporting.

Shadow: That’s because I don’t need to use such power to defeat a scum like you. Anyways you probably rigged the place with many explosives and it would be dangerous for me to run around triggering all sorts of traps.

Blast: Looks like you’re getting smarter. This will be a good fight!! But, this ends now!!

 

Blast activates a trap as smokes starts getting dispersed where Shadow was standing.

What kind of smoke is this?? It seems to be affecting my speed and overall strength.

Shadow thought.

 

Ughhhh!!

He groaned

 

Blast: It’s over. The smoke you just breathed isn’t a poison but it makes you extremely weak and slow. Now, you’ll probably find it hard to even stand up! Killing you with anything just about now will be easy peasy!

 

Blast runs towards Shadow in an attempt to kill him once and for all.

 

Blast: Die!!!

 

Just before Blast could throw a bomb at Shadow, he cuts his own hand as blood sprays on top of Blast’s eyes.

 

Blast: AHHH!! It burns!!! What did you do??

 

Blasts eyes were stinging very badly. They were burning until he couldn’t even open his eyes.

 

Blast: Impossible! Blood doesn’t sting this much! What happened??

Shadow: You don’t even know your own smoke bomb that you used on me. You used the shinppo leaves to make the smoke bomb that you made me breathe in. If you didn’t know, the leaves make liquid sting just like pepper spray. Although I can’t feel the sting in my blood, but if it hits the eyes, it will sting badly.

 

Shadow then goes behind Blast and breaks his arms.

 

ARGH!!!

Blast shouted in pain.
 

Shadow: You will never throw a bomb again with those arms. Coming after me was a big mistake. You’re not even a proper assassin. You don’t even know how the things you put in your bombs work. Not that your arms matter anymore, your life as an assassin is about to come to an end!!

 

As he raises his blade to kill Blast, Chorong shouts

 

Chorong: OPPA! NO!! You’ll go back to being a killer!!

 

Shadow looks back and his face expression shows that he ignored her words.

 

“Now die!!!” Shadow shouts.

 

As Shadow was about to slash Blast, Chorong jumps in taking the slash that was meant for Blast.

 

Shadow: What??!! No!!!

 

Shadow grabs Chorong before she falls to the ground.

 

Shadow: “What?? Why did you do that! Are you stupid??” He said while holding her on the ground.

Chorong: “Ji Hoon oppa… I can’t let you kill anymore..” she says as she touches his face with her hands as she passes out.

Shadow: No….no… Not again!!!!

 

Blast: ENOUGH OF THIS!! Now I shall use my final technique as I die as an assassin.

 

Blast uses a remote from his pocket to activate several bombs in the warehouse.

 

Blast: If I die, all of you are dying with me!

 

Shadow immediately uses his Shukuchi moving in godlike speed as he manages to grab all the members and bring them outside the warehouse as it explodes.

 

When they were outside they slowly saw as Shadow started crying holding Chorong’s body. They looked at him as he slowly changed back into Ji Hoon. The man he once was.

 

Naeun: Oppa! What are you doing?! Can’t you see she’s still alive? Get Chorong-unnie to the hospital now!

 

Ji Hoon then realized what she was saying was true. Although he had slashed her he didn’t notice that she was still breathing. At that moment, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter