Awakening

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The both of them look at each other without moving an inch. They have not fought before and Min Jun was unsure of what moves the puppet master had in mind.

 

Min Jun: Well? Aren’t you going to make the first move?

Kanzaki: How about I let you go first? I am a gentleman after all.

 

Min Jun noticed that he didn’t bring a puppet along.

 

This could be my chance. Without a puppet, he cannot defeat me!

He thought.

 

Min Jun: Here goes!!

 

Min Jun runs towards him as Kanzaki just stands still. Just as he was about to reach Kanzaki, he spotted a thread, and faster moved away as it scratched his face and the wound bled immediately.

 

Min Jun: That was close!

Kanzaki: Did you think just because I didn’t have a puppet I can’t fight?

 

Suddenly Min Jun looked around carefully and saw it. There were threads everywhere connecting from the puppetmaster’s hands. It was risky if he tried to go near for an attack. He needed to do an attack that could go the distance.

Immediately he hit the ground with his favorite technique.

 

SHATTER PUNCH!!

 

Rocks began flying towards the puppet master as the threads began to not only cut up the rocks but also stop it in its path.

 

Min Jun: Impossible. For a thread to be able to cut even rocks in half..

Kanzaki: Simple. These threads are probably the finest threads that can strip the flesh off your bones before you can even feel it. Titanum coated threads.

 

Min Jun looked around and saw the wires. It was almost impossible for him to get close let alone hit him. He knew that this wasn’t going to be an easy fight.

The puppet master kept twirling his wires around as Min Jun kept dodging them. But Min Jun’s speed wasn’t the fastest as he kept getting cut in different places.

 

Kanzaki: Haha! You can’t even avoid my wires. Soon, they will be bound to cut off one of your body parts.

 

Min Jun looked at him carefully as he still was determined to find a way to defeat him.
 

Kanzaki: Everyone looks at me and thinks that without a puppet I am defenseless. We’ll, they are all wrong and dead as well. Every finger that I use to control my puppets have to be precise and had to be made sure that it was accurate as well. One finger controls almost more than 10 kg by itself. Turning the puppet as well isn't an easy feat.

 

Min Jun didn't care enough to listen to the drivel that the man had been saying. He was still looking around wondering what technique he could use to defeat the man.

 

Kanzaki: Enough playing around! It’s time to die!

 

He weaves around the wires making a formation almost impossible to avoid. He brings a bunch of threads together as the fly down towards Min Jun. Min Jun rolls out of the way as the wires fly downwards.

Suddenly, from behind, Kanzaki used the wires to wrap around graveyard stones and threw them towards Min Jun to crush him.

 

Dammit! He’s using multiple wires to cut me now! The range has increased indefinitely!

 

Min Jun was almost crushed by the boulders as he used his shatter punch to destroy the rocks. The place was filled with dust which made it hard to see Kanzaki.

As a bunch of threads came down towards Min Jun, he was about to get cut when he finally had a plan.

 

WAIT! THAT’S IT!!!

He thought.

 

As the smoke clears out, Kanzaki begins to speak to himself.

 

Kanzaki: That foolish man. Thought he could defeat me just because I didn’t have my puppets. He was a hand to hand expert which meant he needed to come near me to attack me too. At least he couldn’t come near me. If he did, I bet one punch would be enough to knock me out.

 

When the smoke clears out, it reveals Min Jun standing in the middle smiling to himself.

 

Kanzaki: What? How did you survive my threads??

 

Kanzaki looked closely as he noticed that Min Jun was holding a bunch of the threads in his hands.

 

Min Jun: It’s true that one thread is deadly being sharp and all, but if I hold them together as a bunch, they are just like metal wires. Although my hand is bleeding, but at least it’s not cut off.

Kanzaki: So? This doesn’t change anything, you can’t come closer to me and I have another hand to control the wires. Don’t be too cocky thinking you have won!!

Min Jun: That is why, I’m bringing you to me! Like you said, all I need is one punch!!

 

Min Jun pulled the threads as Kanzaki was forced to fly forward due to them being attached to his hands.

 

Kanzaki: Impossible!!!

 

When Kanzaki flew forward, all Min Jun needed was to charge up a normal punch and hit it in his face as Kanzaki was out cold in one hit.

Min Jun tied him up and waited for Kanzaki to wake up before asking him.

 

Kanzaki: wait…what’s going on….

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter