The Diary

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have to live!

I need to live!

I made a promise to Hye Won!

I can’t die now!

The thoughts that were going through Jung Tae’s mind were going to be his last and he knew it. The assassin was far too powerful but he had a reason to live. He needed to fulfill his promise to Hye Won.

As Jung Tae was about to pull the trigger, his boss had already been cut down in front of him. He was going to be next.

In the split second that Shadow turned and was about to kill him, a sound filled the skies. It was a gunfire shot.

 

BLAM!

 

The bullet grazed Shadow’s shoulder as he stabbed Jung Tae. Shadow was shocked. He was a very skilled assassin. Always being known to kill a target before they can react, it was rare for him to actually get hit at all.

As Jung Tae was on the ground, blood was oozing out from his chest. As his vision was getting blurry there was only one thing that was on his mind. Hye Won.

“Hye Won, I’m sorry… I’m going have to break our promise…” were his last words as Shadow then slashed him in the back thus ending his life.

 

Two men then come out of the alley after Shadow was done killing them.

 

Men: Good job Shadow. We’ll clean up the mess. You can go now.

Shadow: Ow. My shoulder.

Men: You got shot? Wow. That man must have been a skilled marksman.

Shadow: It was his first time with a gun. He didn’t even know how to hold it properly.

Men: Then how did he…

Shadow: He wanted to live. He didn’t want to die. But he wasn’t a coward either. He died for what he believed in.

 

Shadow then walked away from the scene. Disappearing into the darkness.

 

(Flashback ends)

 

Min Jae: Now you understand? Two days after that she met you. That was when her life went down the hill. She was better off not knowing you.

 

Ji Hoon could barely even stand up after hearing everything. It all made sense. Why it happened and how things became like they did in the end.

 

Min Jae: The reason why your group assigned you to kill her was because she was supposed to kill you too. They wanted to protect you. If you don’t believe me, here.

 

Min Jae threw a book at Ji Hoon. It was a pink book with flowers by the side and it was locked but the key was attached as well. Ji Hoon knew what it was, it was Hye Won’s diary. He had always respected her enough not to read it but now it was all different.

As Ji Hoon looked up to Min Jae, he was about to leave as he said,

 

Min Jae: I will come with some others in 10 days to the mansion. It is there that I will pass down my judgment. Be ready.

 

Ji Hoon eventually got himself together and walked back to where the girls were. They were surprised that he took so long and came back almost with no expression on his face at all.

 

Chorong: Oppa, are you alright? Was it hard to get my bag back?

 

Ji Hoon didn’t reply her as he wasn’t even listening. His mind was filled with thoughts trying to put the pieces together.

 

Did she love me?

Was it all just to kill me?

Did she come so close to me to one day stab me in the back?

 

Chorong: OPPA!!!

 

Suddenly her voice snapped him out of his daydreaming.

 

Ji Hoon: Huh?

Chorong: Are you alright oppa? Is there anything bothering you?

Ji Hoon: I’m really just tired. You girls go ahead and keep shopping. I’m going to have to leave. Min Jun, take care of the girls.

 

Min Jun nodded in agreement.

 

Chorong: I’ll follow Ji Hoon home.

Ji Hoon: Are you sure? You can stay with the others.

Chorong: Yeah. I’m sure. Let’s go.

 

She pulled his arm in the direction of where home was. Somehow she seemed to make his clouded mind become clearer again. But not too long after he started pondering about the situation again. This time Chorong noticed the diary he was holding.

 

Chorong: What is that book you’re holding?

Ji Hoon: “Nothing much. Just something I saw that looked nice in the market” he lied to her.

Chorong: Oppa, are you really alright?

Ji Hoon: Yeah. Trust me. I just need to rest.

 

In actual fact, he wasn’t even interested in sleeping. He wanted to find out the contents of the diary as soon as possible.

When they reached home, he immediately went to his room and took a shower. Chorong went to her room too after they separated. She had something else in mind for that afternoon.

After Ji Hoon was done, he walked over to his bed and took the diary with him as he lied down getting ready to read it. Just before he could open it, Chorong came into his room.

 

Ji Hoon: C-Chorong! What are you doing here??

 

She was wearing a long white t shirt that covered the short pants that she was wearing.

Ji Hoon started to blush as the shirt was a little too tight showing off the s line body that she had.

She slowly walked up to him as she crawled up next to him and started to massage his arms. His arms were very stiff and tense and it was a miracle that her small and gentle hands could soften it and made him feel so good.

He turned his head towards her as she was looking at him too and the couple engaged in a kiss starting with only a peck. But it got intense very quickly as they started to want more. Ji Hoon put his two hands on her and pushed her into the pillow as he went down to her neck and started kissing her there too.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter