The Change

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 men, dressed in black clothing creeped about in the jungle overlooking the mansion.

 

Leader: Don’t forget, one target each.

 

All of the other men nodded at their leader. Silently they climbed up the mansion each of them separating in search of their own target.

 

Ji Hoon had trouble sleeping. He had been tossing and turning all night trying to fall asleep to no avail.

All of a sudden, he hears footsteps outside his room. He immediately gets up and hides behind the wall. Slowly a figure opens his window expecting to find Ji Hoon fast asleep.

The man walks towards Ji Hoon’s bed shocked to find him not there.

Ji Hoon immediately jumps forward to kick his attacker but misses.

They look at each other as Ji Hoon says,

 

Ji Hoon: You move quick. Who are you?

Man: Less talking and more fighting.

 

The man slides out a knife from his sleeves and throws it at Ji Hoon, Ji Hoon quickly catches it and lunges forward towards him.

Ji Hoon punched him in the face as he dodged the man’s attacks. The man tries to punch Ji Hoon, but Ji Hoon catches his punch and counters it with twice the strength. The man was knocked to the ground as Ji Hoon grabs him to asks him

 

Ji Hoon: Who are you? What do you want with me?

Man: If I were you, I’d be more worried about the others rather than asking me questions right now.

 

Ji Hoon immediately knocks him unconscious as he runs to the next rooms.

Bomi and Chorong were sleeping when suddenly Ji Hoon runs into their room. Both of them awake with a shock

Bomi: Oppa?! Why are you suddenly…

 

Before Bomi can finish her sentence he immediately asks them to keep quiet and follow him. Both of them immediately follow him from behind as they head to Eunji’s room. When they went out to the hall, there were 4 men outside waiting for him.

Ji Hoon looks at them and interlocks his eyes with theirs.

 

“Stand back! This is going to get messy” he says to the girls.

 

The four of them charge at Ji Hoon. He immediately uses their force against each other. Dodging their blows and returning them as fast as possible.

I have to end this quick. The girls are in grave danger Ji Hoon thought to himself

He immediately punches one of them hard enough to draw them back. One of them pull out a knife to slash Ji Hoon but he dodges sideways and disarms him while kicking him in the stomach.

The last man from behind him tries to hold Ji Hoon but he does a somersault behind him and kicks him in the back. The four of them are now wounded and find it hard to fight.

 

Man: He is much harder to fight. Without leader here, we can’t win him. Retreat!

 

As he says that, one of them throw a smoke bomb and disappears from the hallway.

Ji Hoon immediately wakes Eunji up as well. She was very groggy as she was asleep but she followed Ji Hoon and the others.

 

Ji Hoon: Eunji, where is Naeun? I don’t see her here.

Eunji: I don’t know. She was next to me when we were sleeping earlier.

Ji Hoon: Alright. I’ll go look for her after I put you guys in a secure location.

 

Ji Hoon takes them to his room and pulls a book on the bookshelf revealing a secret room underground.

 

Ji Hoon: Go there and hide. Call your manager. There is food and beds provided if you need it. I’ll go look for Naeun. If I don’t come back, take care of yourselves! Chorong take care of them. You are the leader. Remember that!

 

Before any of the other members could say anything he runs off to look for Naeun. Ji Hoon goes downstairs and sees someone holding Naeun from the back. He jumps down and rushes to her.

The man was alerted from the sounds of Ji Hoon’s footsteps and turns around holding Naeun hostage.

 

Ji Hoon: Let her go!

Man: Why would I do that? With her as my hostage I have leverage over you.

Ji Hoon: Put her down! How about we have a fair fight? Are you afraid?

Man: “Me? Afraid? Hah!” he said while pushing Naeun to the side.

 

Ji Hoon wanting to run to Naeun’s rescue told himself not to do that. It would put her at risk.

My best bet is to win this fight and bring her back safely he thought.

 

Ji Hoon gets ready to fight with him and changes into his battle stance.

 

Man: Just to let you know, my nickname is Flash. You can call me that from now on. My friends gave me that nickname as I move very fast. As you soon shall see.

Ji Hoon: If it’s a contest of speed, I am not too bad either!

 

Ji Hoon jumps towards flash and tries to punch him but flash dodges him. They try to hit each other but their speed is almost equal.

As they jump away from each other, Ji Hoon says

 

Ji Hoon: You’re not too bad. We’re almost equal. But…

 

Ji Hoon takes out a few small pellets from his pocket closes his eyes and throws it in front of Flash.

Ji Hoon: They are blinding pellets meant to blind you! You can’t hit what you can’t see!!

 

Ji Hoon was ready to attack

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter