Judgement Day (Part I)

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both of them get ready to fight as Ji Hoon goes to the front porch and removes a few wooden pieces from the floor. The members wondered what he was doing as he takes a katana from under the floor.

It was a black wakizashi, had a shiny black sheathe but had been dusty implying that it hadn’t been used for a while.

(A wakizashi is a sword like a katana but is shorter in general. Roughly 30-60cm long)

 

Chorong: Oppa, is that a new sword?

Ji Hoon: No. I used this blade last time when I was an assassin. Most of the techniques that I used last time involved using this sword but since I didn’t want to kill, I stopped using it. For now I will need to fight with my full strength so I will be using this blade. No worries however, I won’t be killing anyone. I made sure this blade is dull so that it will hurt but can’t really slash through anything.

 

The men behind Min Jae were Kanzaki and a man wearing a pair of gauntlets on his hands.

Min Jun observed the man with the gauntlets as he knew that opponent was suited for him. His gauntlets looked like shields at the same time worked as an offence.

Min Jun walked up to him and said,

 

Min Jun: My name is Min Jun, what’s yours?

Man: Nice to meet you. My name is Dragon. I got this nickname from the punches I give. People claimed it was sometimes as powerful as the talons from a dragon.

Min Jun: We shall see. You ready to fight?

Dragon: Yes I am.

 

Just as Dragon finished his sentence, he leapt behind him in a blink of an eye and held him by his two shoulders in midair and threw Min Jun into the mansion forcing Min Jun to break through the wall.

 

Damn! This guy is fast! He caught me in midair and I wasn’t even aware that he had already started to attack me!

Min Jun was thinking.

 

Dragon walked in and started to say

 

Dragon: So? How did it feel to get hit by the talons of a dragon?

Min Jun: “It felt like you were just playing around with me. Are you sure you should be called dragon? How about a rabbit instead? Because your hits felt like it was nothing” he cockily said.

 

Dragon smiled at him not getting angry but knowing how tough Min Jun was. He dashed forward and started to punch Min Jun quickly with his gauntlets on. Normally the hits wouldn’t really hurt but the gauntlets caused more damage with every attack he did.

His hits were fast and Min Jun decided to do a counter attack. Min Jun tried to punch him, but Dragon used the gauntlets at an angle where Min Jun’s punch just slipped off the gauntlets and Dragon elbowed him in Min Jun’s head causing him to fall.

 

Dragon: So, I see that you talk well, but can’t really fight. You haven’t been able to get even one hit on me and you said I hit like a rabbit? All talk but no actions to show up for it.

Min Jun: Haha. Even though you are hitting me, see how I get up every time? This shows how weak your attacks are!

 

Dragon immediately went in front of Min Jun and hit him in the stomach, Min Jun immediately counter attacked by punching him straight in the left gauntlet that Dragon used to protect himself with. Unfortunately when he hit it, the feedback from the vibration caused Min Jun’s hand to hurt as well.

He jumped backwards as Dragon started to laugh at him.

 

Dragon: Does it hurt? These gauntlets aren’t normal. The damage that they take if hit, will be reflected almost 10 times back to the user. In that case that punch you did will be reflected to you.

 

Min Jun smiled at himself.

 

Min Jun: In that case, I’ll have to use a move which can break your gauntlet before it reflects the damage? I have just the move.

Dragon: Oh really? Let’s see it then.

 

Naeun had been watching from the sidelines. She rushed in as soon as he got thrown inside and was seeing the outcome with her own eyes.

 

Naeun: Oppa! You can do it! I trust you.

 

Min Jun smiled at her as he looked back at his opponent. He couldn’t let his guard down.

Min Jun knew the risks. He wanted to use the shatter punch but he knew that if it didn’t work, the effect would probably devastate his hand. Nevertheless, if he didn’t do it he wouldn’t have a chance to win the match at all.

Dragon put up his hands in a full defensive position with the gauntlets as Min Jun ran towards him to execute the attack.

 

SHATTER PUNCH!!!

 

Min Jun’s hand had a head on collision as the gauntlets turned into dust. The attacked had worked. Min Jun had saved the day.

 

Dragon: Impossible!!! The effects still would have..

 

Before Dragon could finish the side effects happened. Min Jun’s right hand suddenly showed the feedback from the punch. The gauntlets had reflected the damage after all. His hand broke and started to bleed badly.

 

Dragon: The way I see it, even without my gauntlets I can still fight. But with your hand in that condition I doubt you can. Now die!!!

 

Dragon rushed towards Min Jun as suddenly his hands had a sudden burst of pain as well.

 

AHHHH!!

 

Dragon: What’s happening? What did you do?

Min Jun: Heh. If you underestimate the shatter punch that is what will happen to you. Although your gauntlets managed to reflect the damage back to me, the shatter punch still went through the gauntlets and unto your hand. It probably hurts like hell.

 

He was right. Dragon was always used his gauntlets to fight so any damage was always absorbed by the gauntlets. Unfortunately this time, the gauntlets broke and the damage went through causing Dragon’s hands to get damaged without him being used to pain in a long time.

Dragon didn’t give up. He still ran towards Min Jun and attempted to hit him but Min Jun grabbed his hands and gave a tight squeeze.

 

Dragon: Stop it!! AHHH!!!!

Min Jun: That’s the difference between a fighter wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter