Home

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Phantom: So, it would seem that Shadow came out to play after all.

Ji Hoon: You wouldn’t need to call me that anymore. I am no longer in Bloodlines. You can just call me Ji Hoon.

Phantom: You’ll always be weak. No matter whether you are Ji Hoon or Shadow it doesn’t matter. There is no difference because I am going to kill you.

 

Phantom did a quick dash at Ji Hoon, by now Ji Hoon’s skills were obviously different. He moved fast and Phantom had difficulty keeping up with him.

 

Phantom: Wow! Looks like someone moves faster now!

Ji Hoon: What’s the matter? Can’t catch up?

 

Immediately Phantom showed off his skills. He dashed right to Ji Hoon, much faster than before. The two of them started trading blows. Both almost at equal speed now. Phantom tries to stab him with the knife he was holding but Ji Hoon always evaded it being able to move as fast as him.

The both of them break backwards. Phantom knew that Ji Hoon was now stronger. Finally Phantom got a cut on Ji Hoon’s shoulder.

 

Phantom: Hahaha! Would you look at that! I got you. Who’s the stronger person now?

 

Ji Hoon looks down to the ground and sighs.

 

Ji Hoon: You really don’t get it do you? You can never be stronger than me. If this cut makes you so happy, wait till you see what I do with you.

 

He walks slowly towards Phantom as Phantom taken aback immediately tries to slash him. Before the blade can reach Ji Hoon, he catches the blade between two fingers and looks right at Phantom.

 

Ji Hoon: Every move you do was taught by me, how can you win with my moves? This slash, that kick earlier. Everything you do I can predict. I was your teacher. Your master. I am more familiar with your weaknesses than anyone else. I know even my own weaknesses but the real question is, do you?

 

As Ji Hoon says that, he breaks the blade that Phantom was holding. Phantom leaps backwards not giving up.

 

Phantom: Even if you know my weaknesses. You’ll never be able to dodge this!

 

BLINK STRIKE!!!

 

Phantom attempts to use it against Ji Hoon but he calmly waits until Phantom gets near with the strike and counters with..

SHADOW STRIKE!!

 

Phantom’s first strike clashes with Ji Hoon’s fist, but the second one was countered immediately by Ji Hoon’s second hit. Phantom falls to the ground and looks up.

 

Phantom: Impossible! My technique was superior to yours. It even uses the opponent’s energy against himself!

Ji Hoon: Your technique was indeed good. However against my shadow strike it is useless. Your first hit caused a clash with mine which was expected. But your variation’s power is in the second strike where it collects the force of the opponent and hits back stronger. The shadow strike was never supposed to be like this. The shadow strike is a move that is so fast that it is like 2 hands hitting the enemy. Simply said, before your second punch could even be started, mine already hit you. In this case, speed triumphed over strength.

 

Phantom did not give up. He quickly gathered all his speed as he tried to stab Ji Hoon with his broken blade. But as he thought he was about to get him, Ji Hoon was no longer in front of him.

A blade was around Phantom’s neck.

Ji Hoon was already behind Phantom in a blink of an eye.

 

Ji Hoon: Give it up. You’re too slow. There was so much time get behind you and put this blade on your neck. And now…

 

Phantom closed his eyes preparing for death.

 

Chorong: Oppa! Don’t do it!

 

Chorong was worried that he could actually kill him this time. No one was in his way to stop him.

 

Ji Hoon: I wasn’t going to kill him.

 

Ji Hoon dropped the blade and punched Phantom unconscious.

Chorong could see the difference. He was no longer confused like last time. He has finally found the middle ground between Shadow and Ji Hoon. He has learned how to balance the two out.

The fans in the stadium started cheering loudly. They thought it was all a show. The paralysis was wearing off on the other members as they got up and tried to cover it up by bowing before the fans.

 

Ji Hoon walked over to Chorong.

“Gwenchana?” he asked her. His face was close and right in front of her. It felt unusual for her to see him with red eyes and still being the same Ji Hoon. She backed away a bit as her face became red.

 

Chorong: I-I’m all right.

 

Immediately Chorong gave him a hard slap which even made Ji Hoon stunned for a minute. She looked at him angrily as tears started to form in her eyes. He knew what he had done. It must have been hard for her.

 

Ji Hoon: I know it must have been hard for you..

Chorong: “You don’t know anything! What I went through and how I felt for the whole duration that you left me in was a living hell for me” she shouted.

 

If the fans weren’t cheering loudly enough, they would have heard what she had said. The members immediately intervened just in case anything happened.

 

Eunji: Both of you definitely want to talk. The fans might hear everything if the both of you talk here. Come, I’ll take you someplace quiet.

 

Eunji told the members that she was going away for a while as she took the both of them to the building beside the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter