A Fake Smile

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji: How have you been oppa!! We missed you so much!!

Naeun: Me too!!!

 

The girls quickly ran over and gave Ji Hoon a hug. Only Chorong and Bomi were not running over to him. Although the both of them didn’t approach him, it was both for different reasons. For one it was because she had seen him recently and wasn’t shock at the outcome. But for the other it was because she didn’t know how to face him and she had someone else in her heart.

As the two girls finish crowding around him, Naeun and Eunji suddenly noticed that Bomi and Chorong had no reaction whatsoever. For Chorong the two knew why, but they didn’t understand why Bomi was not excited. They assumed she would be the most as she was one always fond of Ji Hoon.

 

Naeun: Wait, why is Bomi unnie not excited at all to see him?

Eunji: Yeah, this is kinda fishy.

 

Bomi immediately realized what had happened and the mistake she had made. She tried to defend herself as she said

 

Bomi: Who said I’m not excited? I just woke up and am a bit blur. I’m as excited as you girls!!!

Eunji: Cut the crap. You knew he was back didn’t you?

 

Bomi bit her lip trying to look innocent and tried to lie her way out.

 

Bomi: No…

Naeun: Unnie!! How could you not tell us! I thought that we told each other our secrets.

 

What? Bomi was the first one to know about Ji Hoon coming back? Why didn’t Ji Hoon come to see me first? It makes no sense.

Chorong thought to herself.

 

Ji Hoon walked over to Chorong as he smiled to her and said

 

Ji Hoon: How are you doing Chorong? Sorry for sleeping for such a long time. I guess I lost track of time.

Chorong: Oppa, we need to talk. Let’s go to the roof.

 

The members stared as the two of them left to go and talk.

 

Bomi: I guess those two have stuff to settle.

Eunji: Ji Hoon oppa’s heart will be broken if he knows that she has someone else now.

Bomi: Oh, about that? He knows.

Naeun: What??! Bomi unnie, you’d better tell us everything this instant!!!

Bomi: Alright, alright. So you know the other day? I was…

 

She began to tell the members everything as the two reached the roof at the same time.

Ji Hoon walked out first as Chorong came out behind him. She didn’t know how to tell him about her new relationship. She didn’t know if he could accept it.

 

Chorong: Oppa, I need to tell you something.

 

Before she could speak he put one of his fingers on her lips as he said

 

Ji Hoon: Let me go first.

 

She nodded as he began to speak.

 

Ji Hoon: I don’t know how much pain you went through. For 8 months I was asleep. I guess even things break apart as time passes by. For me the 8 months passed like it was nothing. But for you… I can’t even begin to imagine what has happened after so long. I’m sure you cried, you begged for me to wake up but there I was just lying there.

 

She started to tear up as water droplets fell from her eyes. Her sorrow of the past came back all at once. She remembered waiting for him, asking him to wake up but his body remained lifeless.

 

Ji Hoon: I guess I can be sorry for many things but they are of no use now. I’m proud of you Chorong. Taking so many steps to advance Apink and the efforts have now paid off. Look at the group now. It’s reached the top 5 as compared to last time. You did a great job.

 

He pulled her chin up and wiped away her tears with his thumbs as he continued to talk.

 

Ji Hoon: I know that when you needed me, I wasn’t here for you but someone else was. I hope that he can make you happier than I ever could. Saying this, I hope we can be friends and not dwell on the past. I wouldn’t want it to be awkward to face you as you know how much I care for all of you girls.

 

With all her heart she wanted to hug him and accept him back. She wanted to forget about everything else but she had Woo Hyun now. She couldn’t risk falling in love with Ji Hoon again.

 

Ji Hoon: Your hairstyle has changed from last time. But you’re still as beautiful as ever. I wish to you and him my best. I’ll never forget what we had.

 

He reached forward and kissed her on the forehead as he took a step back.

 

Ji Hoon: Did you have anything else to say?


Chorong was still crying when he said that. She wiped her tears away as she finally spoke.

 

Chorong: Thanks for understanding oppa. We can still be friends right?

Ji Hoon: Right.

 

The both of them walked down in silence. It was awkward. What did she expect? It was obvious that he still loved her but she didn’t know where she stood now. She decided to let things be and stick with Woo Hyun.

They entered the dorm once again as the members just looked at the both of them.

 

Eunji: So? What’s the outcome?

 

Naeun nudged her on the shoulder and said

 

Naeun: Eunji unnie! Whatever is happening between them is none of our business.

Ji Hoon: It’s alright Naeun. Chorong and I are staying as friends. It would be awkward if we didn’t make any contact at all.

Bomi: Yay! Now I can finally date Ji Hoon oppa without being afraid!!

 

Chorong glared at Bomi as she shouted at her

 

Chorong: Yah! Just because we’re no longer together doesn’t mean…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter