In the face of death

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Jun could just sit there unable to defend himself as the man walked towards him with a knife. He knew he was staring death in the face and it was pointless to resist. He closed his eyes and prepared for death.

 

Masked Man: I’m sorry that you have to be my victim but, let’s just get this over with.

 

“Sorry, but not today” a voice says.

 

Min Jun recognized the voice. It was a female he knew from his past but he couldn’t wrap his head around who it was.

In an instant, the room was filled with smoke as someone threw down a smoke bomb. The masked man had limited vision as he couldn’t see much.

He was attacked with a barrage of kicks and punches as he defended himself well, showing off his skills.

 

Girl: Not bad! But let’s see you avoid this!!

 

She wrapped her legs around the masked man and slammed him into the ground. His mask broke and he was furious. Her speed wasn’t that great, but with his vision blurred, he was at a tight spot. The masked man did not want his identity to be revealed and left in an instant.

 

Naeun was coming back with the cups of hot chocolate as she saw smoke coming out of Min Jun’s room. She immediately dropped them and ran towards the room. The first thing that she assumed was that there was a fire.

 

Naeun: OPPA! OPPA! Are you alright??

 

She was shouting in the room in fear of Min Jun not being able to get out of the room because of his injury.

 

Min Jun: I’m alright. Don’t be worried.

 

The smoke cleared out as it was clearly seen. A woman was standing in the middle of the room. She wasn’t too old, she looked like her age was about a woman in her twenties. She had smooth straight black hair and had a luscious body just like all of the members. Naeun immediately took point in fear of her being an assassin.

 

Naeun: Who are you? Are you here to kill him? You’re an assassin right?

Girl: Slow down. I saved his life. But yes, I am an assassin. I’m sure Min Jun oppa remembers me.

 

Min Jun looked at her carefully as the smoke cleared out before he said

 

Min Jun: Seo yun? Is that you??

Seo Yun: Oppa!! Long time no see!!!

 

Seo Yun runs over and hugs Min Jun tightly. He groaned in pain because of his wound as she didn’t let go of him. Naeun was confused but was starting to get annoyed. The way she hugged him didn’t seem like a friendly one and appeared to be even more than that. She was starting to get jealous.

 

Seo Yun: Did you miss me oppa?

Min Jun: Seo Yun! Don’t say things like that! You might create a misunderstanding!

Seo Yun: What misunderstanding?? Wait a minute… this girl… are you dating her?

Min Jun: I’m not just dating her, she is my girlfriend.

 

Naeun was starting to get curious and she couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Naeun: Can the both of you please explain what is going on? I don’t know who she is Min Jun oppa! It would be great if you could explain to me now!

Min Jun: Oh. Sorry. Her name is Seo Yun. She used to be in the same group as me when I was in the Red Demons.

Naeun: Ah. Why was there so much smoke in this room earlier?

Min Jun: The masked man tried to kill me, but fortunately Seo Yun saved me. She used a smoke bomb

Naeun: What?! Oppa, are you alright? Did he hurt you anywhere?

Min Jun: No, I’m alright. Don’t be too worried.

 

The Naeun held Min Jun’s hand as Seo Yun looked and started to get jealous.

 

Seo Yun: Seriously oppa? You have a girlfriend now? What about me?

 

Min Jun sighed as Naeun started to suspect something.

 

Min Jun: Naeun, actually I used to date Seo Yun last time.

 

She looked at Seo Yun as she saw her locking her eyes into hers. It felt like blades of steel that were stabbing into her soul.

 

Seo Yun: Oppa is lying. We didn’t just used to date, he loves me and he still does. He just doesn’t know it yet. For your information, we didn’t break up at all.

Min Jun: Seo Yun! I told you it’s over between us! What more do you want me to say?

Seo Yun: I didn’t accept oppa. I can’t and won’t let you go! I can’t believe you left the Red Demons without telling me! I tried to look all over for you but I couldn’t find you.

 

She started to cover her face with her hands and started to cry as Min Jun just looked at her with an expressionless face. Naeun was wondering how heartless he could be to look at her like that as she cried.

 

Min Jun: Stop pretending to cry. Don’t think I don’t know the tricks up your sleeve.

 

She immediately lifted her head as it proved that he was right. She was not really crying after all. She just stared at him and finally said

 

Seo Yun: Oppa! You know me far too well! That’s why I belong with you and not this… fragile girl!

Naeun: “Excuse me?” she tried to exclaim as polite as possible although Seo Yun was being rude.

Seo Yun: You heard it didn’t you? I can see through you. You’re a fragile girl that breaks down easily aren’t you? Don’t go on thinking that Min Jun oppa is yours yet! I’ll get him to come back to me one of these days! He’s just mesmerized by your temporary cuteness!!

Naeun: I-I…

 

She didn’t know how to respond. Naeun was a very shy girl and she was never able to confront a person directly when talking. It was harder for her.

 

Min Jun: Enough Seo Yun! Don’t scare her! She’s not like you, which is the exact reason why I like her! Our relationship was over a long time ago and I suggest that you move on!

 

Seo Yun just pouted at Min Jun obviously not paying an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter