Reminisence (Part I)

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The members were all standing around the graveyard looking as the coffin was put into the ground.

 

Bomi: C-Chorong unnie… It’s a dream right? This really isn’t happening is it?? This can’t be happening.. They can’t be lowering her into the ground because she is dead right?

 

Bomi starts to cry as she turns and Eunji hugs her while she struggled not to cry herself. Without Chorong, all of them were in a wreck.

Naeun held Min Jun’s hand tightly and didn’t let go of it. She wanted to cry really bad as well. Min Jun could see it in her eyes.

 

The priest was saying words of kindness and about Chorong and how she lived her life as a good leader. As the members listened, part of them didn’t want to listen because that would mean that she was dead now. Eunji tried to be the strongest as she gave a speech to the people who was there.

No one told Chorong’s parents, or even the people back home. Even their manager didn’t know. They couldn’t bear to tell them and just left it as it is. Somehow, they couldn’t accept the fact that she died caught up in a battle between two people.

 

Eunji: Chorong-unnie was a brave woman. For all of you who didn’t know her but came to attend her funeral, I thank you so much. She is the bright and shining light of our group. She guided us, cared for us and even took care of us when we were sick. When we felt like giving up, whenever the stress got to us, she would be the strongest one to tell us that we will do fine.

People say that I am the strongest one in the group. But I tell you that has never been true and never will be true. Because the strongest member in our group is no longer here with us.  

 

Tears started streaming down her face as she gave the rest of her speech as everyone who was present listened. Whenever there was a funeral on the island, word would get around and people would usually attend in respect of the dead.

 

The members left the graveyard crying without ceasing. Naeun was hanging on to Min Jun as her mascara was now all ruined thanks to the tears that was coming out of her eyes.

Min Jun used his hands to wipe off her tears but more would just come out instantly. He pulled her closer to him as the two hugged. Min Jun tried to calm them down but it didn’t work. Anything he said couldn’t console them from the death of their leader.

 

Bomi: Anyone saw Ji Hoon oppa? He was not there for the funeral. How could he not come?! She loved him the most after all.

Min Jun: Right after he saw her body, he left and I didn’t see him ever since. I wonder where he went. I think he is the one affected the most by her death. He loved her very much. I could see it in his eyes.

Naeun: If he loved her, he should have come for the funeral then! It was to pay our last respects to her! Now he can never do that again.

Min Jun: He probably assumes that it is his fault that she died. After all, Min Jae wanted to make Ji Hoon suffer. He knew that killing Ji Hoon alone was no big punishment.  So he decided to go after the person he loved the most.

 

Suddenly Bomi started to cry uncontrollably.

 

Bomi: Actually this is entirely my fault! If I hadn’t let go of Chorong unnie’s hand maybe she would have…

Eunji: “Nonsense!” she said to Bomi. This is no one’s fault. Everything has passed for now. We should just forget about it and let it go. No point crying over spilt milk.

Min Jun: I agree. We should get Ji Hoon and go get revenge on Min Jae. After all, he is the one who did such a thing to her. I’ll make sure I blast his face through a wall for killing Chorong.

 

Everyone heard what the two said but just looked down to the ground still clearly affected by the situation.

 

Naeun: Maybe we should just leave it. Oppa, I don’t want you getting hurt as well. Ji Hoon oppa couldn’t defeat him. I’m afraid his next victim will be you. I can’t bear to see you get hurt. Min Jae already has passed down his judgment so he shouldn’t come for us again.

Min Jun: Naeun-ah, I can’t just sit by and let him kill one of us and go off. I need to do this!

Naeun: WHY DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND!! YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO DEFEAT HIM IF YOU GO OVER THERE!!!!

 

Naeun ran as tears dropped from her eyes. She went into her room and slammed the door behind her. Min Jun looked down to the ground. He understood how Naeun felt now. It wasn’t that she didn’t want him to go, she was just worried that he would die.

The rest of them just sat down in silence as they started to think about Chorong.

Bomi left the house to go out for a walk. She couldn’t stand to be in same house that Chorong was killed in. She remembered what happened when she first came in and saw Ji Hoon fall down to the ground as if his knees were weak. He dropped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter