Love Never Fails

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Midnight was about to reach Ji Hoon, in the nick of time Ji Hoon was able to dodge by a hair’s width and grabs Midnight.

Right as he did, Midnight turned into a person double his size making Ji Hoon forced to let go of his hold on him.

 

What??! He’s a shape shifter? This is not going to be an easy fight.
 

Ji Hoon thought.

 

Ji Hoon could barely see in the dark. It was hard for him to even walk around much less fight with a shapeshifter.

He then decided to have a quick talk with Shadow.

 

Ji Hoon: Hey! Shadow! What skills do we have again?

Shadow: Seriously? You forgot them?

Ji Hoon: Don’t blame me! When I decided to forget about becoming an assassin I decided that I would not be Shadow anymore. I only used the basic fighting skills and that was always enough for me. Until now.

Shadow: Sheesh, if you remembered our skills, this fight will actually be an easy one.

Ji Hoon: Really?

 

Ji Hoon felt excited that he actually had so much power inside him.

 

Shadow: The shukuchi was just one of our moves. Listen up…

 

As Midnight turned back into his fast form, he began dashing around the room trying to gage Ji Hoon’s attacks. Ji Hoon was just standing still without doing anything.

 

This is my chance to attack him!!

Midnight thought.

 

He flew directly at Ji Hoon as he was ready to kill him but suddenly Ji Hoon disappeared.

 

What??!! Where did he…

 

Before Midnight could even finish thinking, a fist suddenly hit him hard on the face. Midnight fell down harshly on the ground.

 

Ji Hoon: Wow! That was a really nice skill. What’s it called?

Shadow: There is a reason we were called Shadow. It’s because most of our skills have do with speed, and also because of this skill. It’s called Shadow blink. This power lets us move within shadows at a incredible level of speed. In this case, since the whole room is in darkness, we can literally teleport and move anywhere in this space.

 

Midnight was now frustrated. He didn’t know what was happening.

 

Impossible? How could someone change so drastically and move so quickly all of a sudden? I must kill him!!

Midnight thought to himself.

 

Midnight then turned into double his size just like earlier. Ji Hoon used his shadow blink to attack Midnight without stopping. Although he was hitting him, unfortunately it wasn’t doing much damage to him.

 

Ji Hoon: What now? It doesn’t look like he’ll be going down anytime soon.

Shadow: You really don’t remember what powers we have right? Let me show you. You remember our shadow strike right?

Ji Hoon: Yeah. What about it?

Shadow: The shadow strike was just 2 hits in super speed. What if I told you, we can do more?

Ji Hoon: No, way.

Shadow: Yup.

Ji Hoon: How many can we do up to now?

Shadow: Until now, with the speed we have thanks to shadow blink, we can do up to 64 hits in one punch.

Ji Hoon: Wait, you mean the shadow strike is no longer two punches but now 64?

Shadow: Yes. Thanks to how fast we move. Just understand that the shadow strike is actually limitless. It just depends on how fast you are.

Ji Hoon: Then what are we waiting for? Let’s defeat him!!

 

Immediately Ji Hoon looks up to the beast in front of him. After learning his new skill, he was no longer hesitant.

Midnight tries to punch him but obviously misses due to Ji Hoon’s speed. For Midnight it didn’t matter. As long as he couldn’t get injured anymore, he didn’t mind not being able to hit Ji Hoon. He knew he could eventually wear him out. Unfortunately for him, he was about to learn of Ji Hoon’s power.

As Midnight attempts to hit Ji Hoon again, finally he used his newfound power.

 

Ji Hoon disappeared from Midnight’s sight. When midnight looked up, there he was landing a strike on his head

 

SHADOW STRIKE x64!!!

 

Immediately Midnight felt the force of the strike. It wasn’t just one hit. For Midnight it didn’t seem to stop. The punches got through, and Midnight fell down to his normal form, unconscious.

 

Ji Hoon: Wow. I didn’t know I had this much power in me.

 

Immediately Min Jun and the girls burst through the door after hearing all the action going on.

 

Min Jun: Ji Hoon!! Are you alright?

 

All of them realised the room was pitch black and they couldn’t see a thing. Chorong was the most worried out of all of them. Suddenly a light and Ji Hoon was right there next to the switch.

 

Bomi: Oppa! You’re alive!

Ji Hoon: Of course I am. I can handle myself.

 

All of them walk over and see Midnight on the ground.

 

Min Jun: Wow. You defeated him? Midnight was one of our strongest members when it came to 12am. He was usually sent for assassinations at that time which made him effective.

Ji Hoon: Yeah. Since I found the balance between myself I realized that I had so much more power which I kept sealed up from myself. Now that I have those powers, I can protect the girls even better than before.

Eunji: Oppa! We’re counting on you!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter