Alive

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The members stared at Min Jun after hearing what he had said.

 

Eunji: Oppa! Don’t talk about such nonsense. There is no way she could be alive. If you are trying to cheer us up, this is a bad way of doing it.

Naeun: I agree with Eunji unnie. I really will get furious if you are joking about something like this.

Min Jun: No! I would never joke about this kind of thing. Just listen up ok?

 

The other members tried to not get their hopes up but leaned in keen to listen. Somehow all of them wanted Chorong to be alive. If Min Jun’s theory was good enough, they might just have some sort of hope.

 

Min Jun: Remember when Chorong was dead with the sword in her heart?

 

Everyone could remember it clearly. Some of them even have difficulty not being able to forget about that horrible scene.

 

Bomi: Of course we remember. What’s the point in this?

Min Jun: Don’t you think there’s something missing in this??

 

Everyone didn’t understand what he meant. They just looked at him puzzled.

 

Min Jun: The murder itself!! You see, if Min Jae really wanted to hurt Ji Hoon, don’t you feel he should have waited until Ji Hoon came to see it with his own eyes as he stabbed her?

 

The members somehow felt it made sense. However it wasn’t sole proof.

 

Eunji: That make sense, but still.. that doesn’t mean Chorong unnie isn’t dead. It’s better if we accept it sooner or later that she’s gone. We don’t want to get our hopes up.

Min Jun: Listen, you have to understand that it really makes sense! Min Jae has been building up so much tension about his revenge. He must have knew how much more painful it would have been if he killed her in front of Min Jun personally.

Bomi: He actually makes sense. Could Chorong unnie be alive?

Eunji: Don’t listen to him! You will only get more depressed if you found out that she was dead all along. My question is, why would Min Jae not kill her? He has no reason to keep her alive.

Min Jun: That I don’t know.. But I have more reasons to back up my theory. Remember the Kanzaki dude? He’s a puppet master right? What if her body was the body of a puppet?

Bomi: Yeah! He’s right!!

 

Naeun didn’t know which side to believe. Somehow she wanted to believe in Min Jun but if she found out that Chorong wasn’t alive later on, she might just get even sadder.

 

Eunji: NO! I was there. I saw it. As they cleaned her wounds out of her body, the blood that left the body, it was all too real. It was definitely her. There’s no doubt about that.

Min Jun: Weren’t you a complete emotional wreck?

Eunji: What?!

Min Jun: Can you promise me you weren’t overly emotional that in that situation it clouded your judgment to think that it might just have been a puppet after all?

Eunji: Why, you little…..

Bomi: So how do we confirm this theory???

Min Jun: We need to… exhume her body.

Eunji: WHAT? NO WAY!!

Min Jun: Yes. We need to make sure that it was really Chorong. If it is confirmed then we can know for sure that it was her that died. But if not…

Naeun: Then we would only get depressed again.

Eunji: Naeun-ah, you understand me?

Naeun: I do, Eunji unnie. But, if there is even 1 percent chance that she is still alive, I will take it!!!

 

Everyone kept quiet and nobody said a word.

 

Min Jun: Look, I have heard of people in the dark arts that have made human puppets before. If we make sure about this, there's hope that she isn't dead after all.

 

Midnight came not too long after as 5 people silently crept by in the graveyard. Although it was a ominous place to be at that hour, they knew they had something to confirm.

Slowly they dug up the grave known to be Chorong’s. Sooner or later, they were done and they opened the coffin to see Chorong’s body inside. The members looked as they saw how lifeless the body was. But it definitely looked like Chorong.

 

Eunji: See? It’s her alright! Stop this madness and let’s go home. I told you this was hopeless!!

Min Jun: Close your eyes.

Eunji: What?

Min Jun: I heard that these puppets corpses are made with extreme care and made to look exactly like the person. The only way is if I check inside the flesh and blood.

Eunji: NO! I can’t let you do this!! Don’t defile her body with that knife!!

 

Before Eunji could stop him, Naeun pulled Eunji’s hand and said,

 

Naeun: Min Jun! Do it! Quick!

 

Min Jun immediately stabbed a part of the body as he put his hand inside.

As the members looked at what Min Jun was doing... they saw it.

 

Min Jun: It’s a good thing we took this one in a million chance.

 

His hand was holding some thick wires along with metal joints. It was proof that she was a puppet after all.

 

Min Jun: I don’t know why Min Jae wouldn’t kill her and I don’t know where exactly she would be now, but one thing is for sure…

 

“Park Chorong is alive!”

 

Chorong was sleeping soundly. The bed was soft and there was a light breeze in the room. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter