Becoming One

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the members were shocked to see him return. Bomi wanted to shout his name but she couldn’t as she was paralyzed on the floor. That made her look really weird with her facial expression.

It’s as if for that one moment everyone forgot what danger they were in. It didn’t matter because Ji Hoon was back.

 

Ji Hoon: So, I heard you are looking for me, Phantom. Why?

Phantom: Welcome master. You are right on time. If not for you, this poor girl would be dead now. You taught them how to fight? Some of them have some good moves.

Ji Hoon: Enough idle chatter, I want to know the main reason you are doing this. So say it.

Phantom: Well, as you would know people often say that masters are better than their students. Simply saying, you are more powerful than me. Today I would like to change that. In front of all these people, the Apink fans, I’m going to defeat you to show you how powerful I am.

Ji Hoon: We don’t have to fight. I surrender. You are now more powerful than me.

Phantom: I don’t want your words. I want your actions. I want to fight. If you surrender, no one will see and witness who is truly more powerful. This is why I want you to fight with everything you got.

Ji Hoon: What makes you think I won’t hold back and lose to you on purpose?

Phantom: Simple. If you lose, I kill this girl and the rest of them.

 

Ji Hoon knew Phantom wasn’t kidding. If he lost he would truly kill all of them. He knew that he couldn’t let this happen.

 

Ji Hoon: Why are you doing this? It’s not too late to stop. Just walk away. We don’t have to fight.

Phantom: Yes. We do. You see, the last time you killed Hye Won for power, you tried to kill me and almost succeeded. After that day, I realized how weak I was compared to you. So I trained, and trained until I reached a whole new level which gave me…

 

Phantom immediately moved quickly behind Ji Hoon.

 

Phantom: This.

He’s much faster than before. He must have been training for all these years. His speed almost matches the shukuchi. Unfortunately I can’t use the shukuchi as I can’t risk turning into Shadow. He might hurt any of the girls again and I can’t risk it. I’m going to have to defeat him with my own strength.

Ji Hoon thought

 

Phantom: Shall we begin?

 

Although he has the advantage in speed, I am the one who taught him his moves. I should be able to predict what he’s doing.

He thought

 

As Phantom jumps quickly towards Ji Hoon, the both of them start to fight. Each and other trading blows, hitting each other a little and dodging punches. Since they were both student and master, both attack and defense styles were similar. It was a draw until Phantom attempted to punch Ji Hoon and Ji Hoon caught the punch and countered in his face.

 

Ji Hoon: Give up Phantom. The fact that I can still counter your moves when you are faster than me proves that I am better than you.

 

Phantom gets up from the ground after having fallen to Ji Hoon’s punch. He smiled at Ji Hoon knowing he has a trick up his sleeve.

 

Phantom: No more fun and games. You think you’re faster than me? We’ll see.

 

Ji Hoon gets ready and dashes out to punch Phantom. As Phantom tries to hit Ji Hoon, Ji Hoon was able to block using his right arm. But all of a sudden, Ji Hoon gets hit on the right side of his face. Ji Hoon falls down on the ground.

 

What was that! I clearly blocked that punch… That technique.. It can’t be!!

Ji Hoon thought to himself

 

Phantom: Surprised master? Did you see that technique?

Ji Hoon: I saw it. You mastered the shadow strike?

Phantom: Hmm, I wouldn’t call it the shadow strike. Maybe more of a blink strike. Because before you blink, you would have already gotten hit.

Ji Hoon: How did you learn it? Although it is similar it wasn’t exactly the shadow strike. The shadow strike moves differently compared to the move you call blink strike.

Phantom: It’s all thanks to you master. Your shadow strike gave me an idea. Whenever an opponent uses a body part to dodge a move, they naturally use a certain force or friction against it. Now, I thought of a technique that could use all that energy and turn it into an attack. When my fist came in contact with your arm, I made it move left and right fast enough that the vibrations enabled me to use the friction to move even faster and hit you with my punch. It deals even more damage as it’s like a force from a turbo jet suddenly moving quickly and hitting you as well.

Ji Hoon: I see. This won’t be and easy fight.

Phantom: Master, it won’t be a difficult fight either. I’ll make this quick.

 

As the both of them continue, Phantom keeps on using the blink strike continuously as Ji Hoon’s body soon started to ache.

Finally Ji Hoon, saw past Phantom’s blink strike once, and tries to punch Phantom.

In a split second as Ji Hoon was about to hit Phantom, Phantom smiles as he performs the similar move as blink strike but used it with his head enabling him to dodge Ji Hoon’s move. After dodging, he punched Ji Hoon’s arm and a crack was heard.

 

CRACK!

AHHH!!!
 

Ji Hoon’s left arm was now fractured. He could barely defend himself with two hands and now he only had one. This fight seemed to be almost impossible. As Ji Hoon looked at Phantom, he remembered the days when he trained him.

 

(Flashback begins)

 

Phantom was lying on the ground. Having deep breaths as Shadow stood up looking down on him.

 

Shadow: Hey kid! Get up. I didn’t think you were as weak as this. At this rate, you are never going to even surpass me in the next millennium.

 

Phantom gets up and looks at Shadow while still breathing heavily.

 

Phantom: I am going to surpass you one day for sure! That is a promise!

 

Phantom rushes at Shadow, trying to hit him even once was difficult. Shadow’s speed was amazing and what makes it worse was that Shadow was not even trying. Phantom could see that Shadow was just playing around with him. Phantom then tries to land a kick as Shadow grabs his leg and slams him on the ground.

 

Shadow: Again!!

 

Phantom not giving up, yet again tries to punch Shadow. This time Shadow blocks it with his arm, but all of a sudden his hand moves quickly and slides through Shadow’s arm almost hitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter