Reminisence (Part II)

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Jun: How can that bastard be sitting there by the sea when the love of his life just died? I feel like killing him right now!!

Naeun: Oppa! Calm down. You saw him earlier! There is absolutely nothing we can do about that situation.

 

Min Jun gets up and walks around the room unable to just sit down quietly. The rest of the girls just sit there in silence.

 

Bomi: Hey, do you girls remember when Chorong would sometimes take us out for ice cream after our practices?

Eunji: Yeah. She only did that because she was worried we were too stressed out. I guess life has been quite relaxed these days as compared to our performing days.

Naeun: Looks like we won’t be getting any ice cream any time soon.

 

The members get silent again still not over what has happened.

 

Bomi: I wonder what is going on in Ji Hoon oppa’s mind right now?

 

 

Ji Hoon was still staring at the sea just as he was hours ago. The old man still there sitting next to him as he started to speak.

 

Old Man: You know that girl that you always came with over here? She always reminded me of my daughter. So sweet, innocent as well as caring. She is a nice girl.

 

As the old man said this, memories began to fill Ji Hoon’s head of what had happened when they used to come here.  

 

(Flashback begins)

 

Ji Hoon was holding hands with Chorong walking by the sea as they enjoyed each other’s company. It was late at night and they sneaked out but none of the other members knew.

 

Chorong: Oppa, why do you love me?

Ji Hoon: Why are you suddenly asking me this?

Chorong: Because I have never asked you this question before. Now answer me!!! Or else I’m letting go of your hand and you can walk here alone.

Ji Hoon: Well…

Chorong: Yes?

Ji Hoon: Because you’re cute??

Chorong: That’s all???

Ji Hoon: Yup.

 

Chorong immediately pushed him away and let go of his hand pouting and walked off ignoring Ji Hoon.

 

Ji Hoon: Chorong-ah…

 

She still wouldn’t respond to him although he tugged unto her sweater. He knew he couldn’t joke around anymore and had to tell her the real reason why.

 

Ji Hoon: The reason why I love you is not because of your looks or because you are attractive. The reason why I love you is because, you make me happy. I find you funny, its easy to be honest and even to talk to you. Whenever I see you whether it was before you brushed your teeth, or when your hair is a mess, you are still Park Chorong to me. I didn’t need a reason to love you, I realized that I just simply wanted to. You being the bright and cheerful girl and your pretty looks are just a bonus.

 

Chorong turned behind and gave him a hug.

 

Chorong: Thank you oppa!

Ji Hoon: I’m just lying. I actually only like you because you are cute.

 

She immediately laughs and pushes him away.

 

Chorong: You really like to spoil romantic moments, you know that?!

 

Ji Hoon uses his hands to pinch her cheeks and says,

 

Ji Hoon: You’re mine Park Chorong.

Chorong: And you are mine as well. Don’t ever forget that.

 

They walk together arms locking together as they see the wooden hut in a distance.

 

Chorong: Oppa, let’s go into the wooden hut there. It’s getting cold.

Ji Hoon: Alright.

 

The two walk until they reach the wooden hut. Inside there were three chairs and a table. It had been abandoned so the windows were actually just holes and wind could still go inside. The cabin was well lit thanks to the open spaces letting in light from all sides.

 

Chorong: “Oppa, I’m cold” she said trying to send him a message.

Ji Hoon: Alright. I understand what you want.

 

He pulled her closer in a back hug position.

 

Chorong: Oppa!! I was meaning that you should give me your coat. But.. I guess this is acceptable too.

Ji Hoon: Wow. I’ve got me a erted girl over here. You know I only like innocent girls right. Looks like I’d better find someone else soon.

 

She pouted as she tried to let go from his grasp, but he pulled her closer and turned her cheek towards his face in an attempt to get a kiss.

As the two drew closer to kiss, suddenly there was a sound outside the hut. There was someone there.

An old man suddenly walked in and saw the both of them almost kissing. Ji Hoon was shocked and drew aback. The both of them breaking from the hug position.

 

Ji Hoon: Who are you??

Old Man: The question is who are you? I always come here at night to sit here and enjoy the breeze. Outside would be too cold and in here it would be at the right temperature. It seems that today I will have company.

Chorong: Do you want us to leave? We can always…

Old Man: No. It’s alright. I haven’t got to talk to many youngsters nowadays. I would love to talk to the both of you.

 

The old man put his bag on the ground as he sat next to the couple.

 

Old Man: So, two people in love. If I was a minute late, I might have walked into the both of you doing something else…

Ji Hoon: Hey Grandpa! Don’t say things like that! We don’t do these kind of things.

Old Man: Fufufu. It’s alright no need to be shy.

 

Chorong looked at him closely and noticed that the sleeve of his shirt had a hole in it.

 

Chorong: Grandpa, this hole on your sleeve..

Old Man: Ah, my wife died many years ago. She would sew it up for me last time but I didn’t learn and took it for granted. Now I have to live with this. Although I have threads and needles I can’t sew my own shirt.

Chorong: Can you bring out the threads and needles? I can sew it for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter