Catching Up

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GIVE ME YOUR WALLET!!!”

 

Ji Hoon was obviously drunk. He couldn’t even stand straight, much less walk.

The man grabbed Ji Hoon by the collar.

 

Ji Hoon: “If you don’t let me go, I’ll make you regret it” he mumbled.

Robber: Hah! I’d like to see that!

 

Ji Hoon tries to punch him but just falls flat to the ground. The robber laughs at him, takes out his wallet and throws it back to him after taking the money inside. Ji Hoon was now a different person. No more looking postured and neat like last time. Now he was just a mess.

His hair was much longer, his beard grew out of proportion, if anyone had seen him they would have thought he was a beggar. He walked home slowly, stumbling upon almost every object on his way till he reached home.

He crawled to the fridge to get another bottle of beer as he kept drinking until he passed out on the couch.

In the morning as he was still fast asleep, the doorbell rang. He couldn’t hear the first eight times it sounded by the ninth time, his eyes began to open.

 

Who could it be? No one should even know where I live. It must be the wrong house. I’ll just stay here until the person goes away

 

However, the ringing didn’t stop. Ji Hoon couldn’t fall back to sleep. Finally, he forced himself up wondering who was at the door. When he opened it, he was surprised to see Naeun and Bomi at the door.

It had been almost 3 months before he last saw them.

 

Bomi: Oppa!!

Ji Hoon: “What??! Why are you here?” he said while almost barely opening his eyes.

Naeun: Oppa… why are you like this? You look like you haven’t took a bath for days.

 

Ji Hoon knew it. He was in a mess. Not only did Naeun say something that was true, he hasn't even taken a bath for a month now. He didn’t care.

 

Ji Hoon: Did you come here to lecture me? Get out.

 

Ji Hoon tries to close the door, but the two members immediately force their way in. The apartment was a very nice one. It had a spacious kitchen and the whole place was almost 2000 square feet wide. Aside from the stench and the beer cans lying around, it was a very nice place.

 

Ji Hoon: What are you girls doing? How did you find me in the first place?

Bomi: It was quite hard at first, but some people told us where you stayed when we gave them a description of you.

Ji Hoon: Alright, you found me, now get out.

 

Naeun ignoring him just continued on the main reason they were here.

 

Naeun: Oppa. We want you to come back.

Ji Hoon: I heard you girls moved back to the dorm you used to stay. Why didn’t you all stay in the mansion?

Bomi: There was no point staying there. It felt so empty and cold oppa. Without you nothing was the same anymore.

 

Ji Hoon remained quiet. It was all now not a concern for him anymore. He just didn’t want to care. He wanted to forget about everything as he didn’t want to hurt anyone ever again.

 

Naeun: Oppa, Chorong has changed ever since you left us.

 

At the mention of her name, he was obviously more interested but tried to act as if he didn’t care.

 

Ji Hoon: You didn’t tell her you found me right?

Bomi: We didn’t but we are thinking of. She might come rushing over to see you.

 

Bomi trying to see if Ji Hoon’s expression would have changed or if he was more thrilled after hearing her name but he just didn’t seem to care.

 

Ji Hoon: Please don’t. This will just make things so much complicated. Anyways, I don’t want to see her anymore.

 

The two girls know that it was a lie. Just as much as what Chorong said when they told her they found him. Before coming to visit him, the girls already asked Chorong to come along but she refused. She didn’t want to see him. The girls didn’t tell him because they were trying to bring him back. If he knew Chorong wasn't interested in bringing him back, it would be much harder.

 

Naeun: Oppa, did you know we started performing again?

Ji Hoon: No. I never stayed contact with any of you anymore. How was I supposed to know?

 

He was lying. He always watched television as he got drunk. No matter how drunk he was he remembered seeing them performing on different channels at different times.

 

Ji Hoon: Aren’t you all afraid that the man might attack all of you again?

Bomi: If you are concerned, how about you come back to be our bodyguard? The manager is ready to hire you again.

Ji Hoon: I already said I’m not coming back. I’m going to sleep. The front door is open. You girls can leave whenever you want.

 

Ji Hoon walks to his room to get some sleep. He locks the door behind me as he lies down on his bed.

 

I can’t believe the girls found me. I tried to run away from all of this. Looks like the past catches up after all. It was nice to see them after all these months anyways.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter