Departure

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the blood left her body, the life began to drain out of her eyes. Ji Hoon just stood there and watched as his soon to be future wife died in front of him. He started crying softly, putting his hand over his mouth. He could not believe what just happened. Did he just kill her?

 

This doesn’t make any sense, why would they ask him to assassinate her?

Maybe she just looks like Hye Won?

Maybe he was just dreaming?

Was he thinking too much of Hye Won that she was the figure he thought he had killed?

 

These thoughts went through his head as he still didn’t believe what he was seeing right in front of him. He kept rubbing his eyes hoping that her face will change or that he will wake up from a bad dream.

But, it wasn’t a dream. He had only one more chance. He had to check if she was wearing the ring which he proposed her with. Slowly he walked over and unfolded the blanket that was covering her.

He then raised her right hand to take a look. To his horror sure enough on her ring finger was the ring that he had given to her. He looked at his own hand to compare and the ring looked identical.

It was her. I killed her.

 

Ji Hoon started to stutter as he dropped the knife to the ground. He started to break down and cry. But before he could cry any longer his sadness became a wrath of fury and hatred.

 

PHANTOM!

 

The first name that came out in his mind. He was the one that gave him and suggested him to do this mission. He would find out the truth once and for all.

He swiftly left the apartment building and ran back to meet Phantom at the meet up point. He knew that he was about to get answers.

When he saw Phantom he immediately dashed and ran over faster. Phantom was smiling.

 

Phantom: Got rid of her ye..

Before Phantom could finish Ji Hoon punched him straight in the face. Phantom tried to dodge but due to Ji Hoon’s speed, he still got hit.

 

Phantom: Ah. I knew you’d act this way after you killed her. You did complete the mission right?

 

Ji Hoon was about to tear him limb from limb but forced himself to calm down because he wouldn’t get any answers this way.

 

Ji Hoon: Why? WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME DO THIS?! WHY WAS IT HER?? WHY!! WHY!! WHY!!!

Phantom: Calm down master. It was all to make you more powerful.

Ji Hoon: Powerful how??

Phantom: Don’t you get it? Protecting someone gives you a great weakness, she was a distraction. After she’s gone, you can focus on assassinations! No one is left to tie you down!

Ji Hoon: So… are you telling me you killed her just to make me more powerful?

Phantom: Hmm, when you think about it, you killed her to make yourself more powerful.

 

The words kept ringing through his head…

“You killed her to make yourself more powerful”

At that sentence Ji Hoon seemed to let out a different aura. He only had one intent now.

 

Ji Hoon: Phantom… prepare yourself, for death!

 

Ji Hoon which was angry dashed towards Phantom. He almost stood no chance against him, the only thing Phantom had an advantage over is that Ji Hoon was now angry. Angry people often makes slip ups. However, Ji Hoon’s speed was already faster than Phantom before he got angry.

 

As if his speed before this wasn’t fast enough. Now I have to defeat him while he is faster.

Thought Phantom to himself.

Phantom didn’t stand a chance, Ji Hoon kept hitting him multiple times. Ji Hoon would disappear behind him and punch him in the back, then he jumped upwards and kicked Phantom in the face. Phantom couldn’t even see these attacks.

In less than 1 minute, the fight was over. Ji Hoon was on top of Phantom with a knife on his neck ready to slit his throat.

 

Ji Hoon: Any last words before I kill you?

Phantom: You don’t understand! I wasn’t the one who planned this!

Ji Hoon: Then? Who was it?

Phantom: The master!

Ji Hoon: I’m your master!

Phantom: I mean your master! The master above us all. He said that he heard that you planned to get enough money and retire from the assassination life altogether. He didn’t want to lose an assassin as good as you so he asked me to trick you into killing her. He assumed that the girl was dragging you down!

 

Ji Hoon realized that it was his own fault that she had died. He knew that he should have never started that relationship. He being with her only put her in danger to all the enemies that he had but this time what caused her death was not his enemies but Ji Hoon himself. He then looked at Phantom helpless on the ground. He was to blame as well for this.

 

Ji Hoon: Die!

 

As Ji Hoon was about to kill Phantom, he had flashbacks of slicing Hye Won’s throat. He got back and dropped the knife. Immediately Phantom took the knife and stabbed Ji Hoon in the stomach. Phantom ran away after that, terrified.

 

Ji Hoon was on the ground bleeding. He wondered if that was how he would die. Is that all that life had in store for him? He began to see Hye Won right next to him. Was he dead?

 

Next thing he knew was that he was lying down in a hospital bed. The doctor told him that people heard the ruckus going on the roof and called the police. The Doctors said that he was stabbed at a spot that was not vital. He was going to live. The police however wanted to talk to him. Ji Hoon told them that he had to go to the toilet before speaking to them. Limping to the toilet as it still hurts, with his agile abilities he escaped from the window after collecting his clothes from the drawer.

 

Ji Hoon ran over to his safe house that no one knew about. He sat down and started to cry to himself. He still couldn’t believe that his fairytale was over. What makes all this worse was that he killed the woman that he loved.

 

Is this real?

Is this happening?

Could it be that I ruined my chance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter