Break Up

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hoon was sitting next to Hye Won, on a bench in the park just like how they used to. She leaned looked at him while he looked up to see the clear skies and sunlight.

 

Hye Won: Oppa, are you really planning to die?

Ji Hoon: I don’t know. I mean, after what I have done to him and to you, isn’t this the right thing to do?

Hye Won: But if you die, who will protect her?

Ji Hoon: Who is the ‘her’ you are referring to?

Hye Won: Yoon Ji Hoon! You know very well who I am talking to, stop acting and just answer me. I know you very well after all.

Ji Hoon: I know, I know. Min Jun maybe?

Hye Won: You very well know Min Jun already has someone else he wants to protect. She on the other hand, needs you as much as you need her.

Ji Hoon: I don’t need her.

 

Ji Hoon looks away while doing a sulky face. Hye Won smiles at herself as she attempts to prove him otherwise.

She leans closer to him and tries to kiss him. She pecks him on the lips gently.

 

Hye Won: I saw that.

 

Ji Hoon looked down to the ground and stared at it for a while.


Ji Hoon: You.. saw what?

Hye Won: You were thinking of her weren’t you? You didn’t want to kiss me. You wanted to kiss someone else. Oppa, I will always have a special place in your heart, right over… here.

 

As she says that, she touches his heart as he blushes lightly.

 

Hye Won: But right now, the reason why you thought of her earlier when I kissed you is because you want her. But now, you have already rejected her. Breaking her heart in the process.

 

Ji Hoon didn’t say a word. He knew that she was right.

 

Ji Hoon: So, what should I do? Just love her until I die when I face Min Jae?

Hye Won: Oppa, I trusted you and always will. I believe you will find the answer yourself.

 

As she said those words Ji Hoon got on his knees as he put his head on her lap and started to cry and say,

 

Ji Hoon: Hye Won-ah.. Why?? Why didn’t you kill me when you had the chance? I killed your husband!!!

 

Hye Won just smiled at him as he continued to talk to her.

 

Ji Hoon: I don’t understand! If I were you, I would have killed the person which made me suffer so much.

Hye Won: Oppa, there’s something I didn’t write in the diary. There are some things which I didn’t write because I was afraid and didn’t want people to think that I was a weak person if they read it.

 

Ji Hoon was wondering what she would say. What did she not write that would make people think that she was a weak person.

 

Hye Won: I have looked into many eyes of different people and somehow I am able to tell a story with them. The men who dragged me into that alley before you saved me, they were monsters. When I saw their eyes I knew that they had killed and many women before me. But do you know what I saw when I looked into your eyes?

Ji Hoon: What did you see?

Hye Won: It wasn’t a man holding a knife. It was a little boy. Who wanted to protect me from getting hurt. After we got together, I convinced myself that you were a murderer but whenever I looked into your eyes I couldn’t find the murderer or the monster inside you. I convinced myself otherwise but the more I looked into your eyes the more I knew. The reason why I could never kill you was because your eyes weren’t the eyes of someone that was evil.

Ji Hoon: But I killed so many people.

Hye Won: Yes, but the people whom you killed were evil men. They were people who tortured others, dealt drugs, kidnapped women and even more. You killed to protect people from getting hurt in the future.

Ji Hoon: But your husband…

Hye Won: He, was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ji Hoon: Huh?

Hye Won: Jung Tae, was innocent. He was fighting against corruption. But he didn’t know what his boss was actually planning.

Ji Hoon: What?

Hye Won: Yes. His boss was actually planning to start a safe route for evil men. Men that plotted to do business with him with things such as drugs, human trafficking, ion and even weapons business. Jung Tae didn’t know about it and was at the wrong place at the wrong time. He assumed that his boss was really against corruption but was actually the mastermind behind it.

Ji Hoon: So, you don’t blame me?

Hye Won: Unfortunately I learned about this a little too late. If Jung Tae knew about this he wouldn’t have agreed to work for that evil man.

Ji Hoon: I see.

Hye Won: Your eyes, were not the eyes of someone who was evil.

 

She used both her hands to direct his eyes into hers.

 

Hye Won: Do you know what I see now?

Ji Hoon: What?

Hye Won: Eyes that are desperately crying out for help. You need to let me go Ji Hoon. Protect her. I want those eyes which I first saw to come back.

 

“The same eyes which were determined to protect the people he loved and would even go to great lengths to protect them.” she said

 

As that sentence was being said, Ji Hoon’s eyes felt weird as things started to blur out. He looked clearly and realized that he was staring at the ceiling in his room. It was all a dream.

 

Ji Hoon: So, I’m back to reality I guess.

 

It all felt so real. His dream felt as if he really was talking to Hye Won.

Ji Hoon got up from his bed as he realized that it was still early. The girls wouldn’t wake up for another good hour. He walked out of his room to take a peek at Chorong. As he opened her door, he saw only Bomi sleeping at the other side but she wasn’t there.

 

Where c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter