The Return

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Naeun: Chorong-unnie! Please wake up. We have a huge performance today!!

 

Chorong was still half asleep under the covers of her bed. She didn’t feel like waking up. Sleeping almost at any chance she gets has made her even lazier. Her sleep patterns were now haywire, she was now always lethargic.

Naeun kept on shaking Chorong’s shoulder until she finally forced herself to sit up as she rubbed her eyes.

 

Chorong: Can you girls do it without me? I’m so tired. I feel like sleeping.

Naeun: Unnie, you wouldn’t be feeling like this if you didn’t sleep the entire day yesterday. I know you miss Ji Hoon but..

 

Before Naeun could finish, Chorong had already gotten angry at the mention of his name. She always flared up whenever someone said something about Ji Hoon. His name was now a taboo.

 

Chorong: SON NAEUN! What makes you think I miss that useless no good person! I’m only sleeping a lot because we have been practicing more lately! Being a leader of this group makes me very stressed too! Not everything is about.. HIM!

 

She got up from the bed and went to get ready. Naeun was shocked and scared as well, not used to Chorong being the way she is now. Being grumpy, angry and even moody all the time.

She sighed in relief when Chorong left the room.

 

At least that made her get out of her bed to get ready

She thought to herself.

 

She then went back to her room with her mood ruined because Chorong shouted at her. The visual of the group has feelings too. Although she knew it wasn’t Chorong’s fault as she did miss Ji Hoon and her emotions were now a wreck, but she missed the old leader which was caring, kind and even took care of her when she was sick.

 

What happened to Chorong- unnie? Is it going to be even possible to bring her back to her old self or will she remain like this because of Ji Hoon?

 

As the thoughts went through Naeun’s head, Eunji came into the room and saw how down Naeun was. She sat right next to her without saying a word as if she understood everything that Naeun just experienced. Eunji then patted her on the back.

 

Eunji: It’s going to be alright. You don’t need to worry about it so much.

 

Immediately Naeun broke down and started to cry. Chorong wasn’t the only one who missed Ji Hoon and was having a hard time. Naeun also really liked Ji Hoon as well. As someone she could always count on whenever she was having a hard time, Naeun definitely missed him. She wouldn’t know who to call if she were in trouble. She just had been counting on him to protect  all of them the whole time.

Eunji embraced Naeun like a baby and let her cry. Her clothes now getting wet from Naeun’s tears but that didn’t matter. Eunji hadn’t seen Naeun like this since they had the pressure from their last comeback but now it was worse. She wasn’t sure if they can even make it through this period. If Ji Hoon came back most of their problems would be solved but without him it seemed to all fall apart.

 

Eunji started to sing the song which made them popular in the year 2013.

 

Nonono.

As she started to sing, Naeun felt better as the lyrics was exactly what she needed to hear. No matter what happened, the girls always had each other. Even if Chorong was not herself, the other three members would try to make things better.

Bomi heard Eunji singing from her room and wondered why she was singing all of a sudden. Bomi walked over and saw everything that was happening.

 

Chorong-unnie must have shouted at Naeun again

She thought to herself

 

Bomi walked over to the both of them and started to sing together. As Naeun started to get better, she joined in to sing as it became a chorus of lovely voices singing harmoniously with one another. As Chorong finished taking her bath she came out of the bathroom and saw what was happening.

Chorong: “Did Naeun cry again? What a crybaby. I didn't even hit her or anything.” she said with a mocking tone.

 

Both Bomi and Eunji were shocked. Naeun just remained quiet. The both of them couldn’t just watch any longer. They finally retaliated.

 

Eunji: PARK CHORONG! I don’t care if you are older than me, but you watch your mouth! I used to respect you as a leader, but the way you are going now not even I can help you anymore. First you shouted at Naeun, and then you call her a crybaby. All of us in Apink cry just as easily as each other even you, Park Chorong!

 

At that moment Chorong just stared as Eunji shouted at her. After Eunji was done, Chorong just stared in silence. Eunji hoped that Chorong had finally woken up and learned her lesson. Unfortunately Chorong just had a huge grin on her face and laughed at what Eunji said.

 

Chorong: “Wow Eunji. You even dare to shout at me now? Don’t forget I am the leader of the group” she said coldly.

 

Eunji and Bomi were both shocked at her reply. They couldn’t believe their ears. Had Chorong really become someone else entirely?

Chorong after replying Eunji turned around and walked to the toilet maintaining her composure. As soon as she locked the door she broke down and started to cry. She didn’t want anyone to know how weak she was. In truth she was never just sleeping. She would cry almost half the time under the sheets when the members assumed she was sleeping. If they checked her bed they would notice how damp and wet it always seemed.

 

She missed Ji Hoon. His laugh, his smile, the way he looked at her, the members, his protective character, his small little pats on the head, his seriousness when he teaches them how to fight, his smell of sweat which seemed smelly to the other members but was sweet for her. She missed everything about him but couldn’t admit it.

 

Bomi: Eunji, you shouldn’t be angry with what Chorong-unnie had said. I have a feeling that behind her strict composure she’s actually really broken. No matter what all of us think, she was closest to Ji Hoon oppa and if we are affected can you imagine how much more painful it is for her?

Naeun: I agree with unnie. No matter how terrible she was to me and you, I don’t think unnie truly means it. She just wants to look strong but ends up scolding us instead.

Eunji: But still…

Naeun: Just try to forget about it. For my sake.

Eunji: Alright. I’ll forget about it for now.

 

As the 3 girls exit  the room, Chorong comes out after freshening herself making it look like she was the same as before.

Chorong wanted to apologize to Naeun. She knew that she shouldn’t have been so rude to them.

 

Chorong: Naeun, I want to apologize for...

 

Before Chorong could say any further, Naeun hugged Chorong tightly. Naeun just lightly used her hand to her head while in an embrace.

 

Naeun: Unnie, it must be really hard for you isn’t it?

 

Chorong’s hands started to shake. After she just made fun of and shout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter