Sudden attack

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hoon was left speechless after Bomi had left him sitting there after their conversation.

 

Dammit. What do I do now?

He thought to himself.

 

He realized that he had caused much hurt and suffering to the younger girl and played with her feelings. Ji Hoon began to think that maybe he shouldn’t have indulged the girl in her one day of happiness. After all, he was never going to love her because he never did have feelings for her.

As he sat there in silence he realized how foolish he was. She could be running across a road due to her unstable emotions and get knocked down by a car.

Without thinking twice he went after her to make sure that she was alright. Looking around he couldn’t find her and got worried. After running all over the place he finally saw her in the park lying down on the bench.

As he approached her she seemed to be unconscious. He couldn’t understand why. When he put his finger below her nose, he waited and was relieved.

She was breathing fine.

 

So, she’s alright. You’re lucky nothing happened to her Yong Ji Hoon.

Ji Hoon thought to himself.

 

As he sat down beside her, he pondered on what to say when she woke up. He assumed that she had fallen asleep on the bench due to her sorrow towards the situation but he wasn’t aware of the real situation.

When he took a look at Bomi her eyes began to open as she got up and looked at him.

 

Bomi: Oppa…

Ji Hoon: It’s alright. You don’t need to say anything. Acutally I’m the one that should-

 

Her eyes suddenly lit up as if she realized or remembered something important.

 

Bomi: Oppa! You need to go now!!

Ji Hoon: What? Go where?

Bomi: The masked man! He-he

Ji Hoon: What? He was here?

Bomi: Yes! He told me that he was going after.. the one most precious to you. He then knocked me unconscious right after he told me this.

 

Ji Hoon didn’t hesitate any longer. He got up instantly and started sprinting towards Chorong’s location. Using the GPS he tracked on her whistle, he ran as fast as he could. After all, the masked man already had a head start for her and he wasn’t going to let Chorong get hurt.

 

Chorong who was oblivious to the situation was out listening to music at a rainforest that gave her a place to think. No one knew but she had discovered a small forest that was nearby the house that was quiet and shady. Although the forest was open to public, but there was barely any people at all.

Once in a while she would see a family coming for a stroll, or a jogger on their daily routine but on this day it was particularly quiet. She took out her earphones from her pocket as she put them on. She connected them to her phone and began to listen to some quiet songs.

She closed her eyes and before she realized it Ji Hoon’s face began to appear in her imagination. Her eyes opened as she began to blush realizing how much she thought of him. It happened all the time but it was more frequent when she had stopped spending time with him.

 

Chorong: I guess, this is what it’s like to miss someone.

 

As she was pondering, lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice someone walking up to her. When she finally realized and gained consciousness, she was taken aback as she got up immediately and looked at him after taking her earphones off.

 

Masked Man: So absorbed in your music you couldn’t hear me coming? That’s pretty dangerous. What if someone were to ambush you from the back?


She could hear the malicious intent coming from the tone of his voice. She knew this was not going to end well. She had no way of contacting the others without him realizing. She hid her phone behind her back and tried to speed dial Ji Hoon’s number.

Before she could press dial, he grabbed her wrist from behind her before she knew it.

 

Chorong: LET ME GO!!!

 

She struggle and shouted as the man took her phone from the helpless girl’s hands and detached it.

 

Masked Man: Well, I don’t think you will be calling anyone now would you?

 

She thought of running, but she knew she wouldn’t be fast enough. Her only hope was to take the serum that she had in her pocket. She had to fight him.

Slowly Chorong reached into her pocket as she realized it was missing. She then saw it right at his feet which means it fell out when she got up hurriedly earlier.

 

Think Chorong! Think! How can you get the serum without him noticing?

She thought.

 

Masked Man: You’re a smart girl. Most people would have ran away from me by now. But you stayed. I guess you figured out that if you ran away there was no possibility of you escaping me because I move much faster.

Chorong: That’s right. I also realized that it’s better if I fight you anyways.

Masked Man: Fight me?

 

Chorong was really afraid of him. He had massacred so many people not knowing what his motive was and now she was about to go head on with him. She had to put up a tough front and not show him any weakness or he would crush her instantly. She decided to stay cool and just reach for the potion. It was the only thing that could save her now.

As she took a quick dive towards him, he jumped backwards as she quickly got a hold of the vial.

 

Chorong: Yes! Got it!

Masked Man: You were reaching for that right? Quickly drink it. I’ve heard of its effects but have never seen them in person.

 

As he said those words she realized that she only got a hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter