One Punch

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clown didn’t know how much trouble he was in. He forgot the fact that Naeun was a girl therefore biologically weaker than him.

 

Alright. Although she is stronger than me, if I focus and beat her with strategy, even she can’t win me! I just need to think logically and try to beat her using my brains. Our strength is probably not too far away.

The clown thought to himself.

 

Naeun: What are you waiting for? Or do you want me to make the first move?

Clown: Don’t get too cocky girl!!

 

He rushed at her with full speed. Naeun observing his moves carefully as she noticed that he moved faster than her. Although she was stronger, she knew that her hits didn’t matter if it missed him.

As the clown ran away, he slipped to the side of the room avoiding all her blows. She knew he was trying to buy time, but somehow it was all fishy to her. He seemed to be trying to do something else. She just didn’t know what.

 

Clown: Here I come!

 

Finally the clown ran towards her as the both of them fought hand in hand. Naeun from her training could use her hands to counter every blow which she threw at him, at the same time the clown could do the same. His moves were not too bad as well.

As the fight prolonged, Naeun felt weird. It was as if she was getting weaker the longer this match of strength went by.

 

How am I feeling so weird? The gas is giving me…

 

As she looked at the machine she noticed that the gas was no longer dispersing out of the machine. Caught off guard, the clown managed to get a blown on her right on the stomach.

She fell backwards and on the ground as she looked at him and said

 

Naeun: The gas… what did you do?

Clown: So you finally noticed eh? I stopped the gas a while ago when I ran around the room. Since it was giving you strength because you are weaker than me, logically now I would be stronger than you. It’s all a matter of strategy. When I realized I was getting stronger and you were getting weaker earlier, I fought with you a little as it helped me to delay the inevitable.

Naeun: You cheating little..

Clown: Cheating? It’s a battle of strategy. Now, let’s fight and see who is stronger. Me or you? Hahaha!!

 

Naeun was feeling weaker by the second, she still had extra strength in  her but it wouldn’t last that long. She needed to end the fight quick. She stood up ready as she focused all her strength into one last hit. She would need extreme focus and precision to pull this off.

She remembered her secret training. The training that Min Jun taught her when no one else was around. He prepared her for something like this. She was ready to fight and not back down. As the clown was running towards her, she was in full focus as she remembered the secret training she had with Min Jun.

 

(Flashback begins)

 

Naeun: What? We’re not going on a date?

Min Jun: Not tonight. I want to teach you some stuff to help you in the future.

Naeun: What kind of stuff? Are you thinking of doing something erted? Because I will not do what you say blindly!

Min Jun: No! No! Trust me, Naeun-ah!

 

He took her hand and dragged her to a nearby warehouse near the pier. It was abandoned so there were boxes, empty boxes and even rocks lying around the warehouse.

 

Naeun: Why are we here?

Min Jun: For training.

Naeun: Isn’t everyday training with Ji Hoon enough? Do you have to make me train at night too?

Min Jun: Look, it’s obvious that training will help you, but when it comes down to it, if a fight happens you need to have a secret move.

Naeun: Alright, what is this secret move you are planning to teach me?

Min Jun: It’s better if I demonstrate.

 

Naeun took a few steps back as Min Jun grabbed a boulder and placed it on top of a gasoline can. He took a deep breath, pulled his fist back and released it to hit the boulder and shattering it into powder within a blink of an eye.

 

Naeun: What?? You expect me to learn your shatter punch?

Min Jun: Not exactly but yes. You need to understand that the shatter punch has different degrees of strength. The one I’m doing is quite extreme which turns the object into dust. But what I want to teach you will just break things immediately. That would be easier.

Naeun: Why oppa? You will be there to protect me won’t you? Why do I need to learn this?

Min Jun: I really hope that I will be there all the time as well. But the future is unexpected. If anything happens and I can’t protect you, I’ll be happier knowing that you can protect yourself. You need to understand that you can only use this technique if absolutely necessary.

Naeun: Alright oppa!

Min Jun: So the shatter punch is two quick hits which becomes one. First your knuckles then your fists.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter