Dead man walking

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.. it can’t be. You’re supposed to be dead” Ji Hoon said to Fang. He could not accept the fact that someone he once killed was now standing up right in front of him.

 

Fang: What? Can’t accept the fact that I’m still alive?

Ji Hoon: How are you still alive? I stabbed you in the heart. I watched you die.

Fang: Yes. But you didn’t see the full story. Very well, I shall explain what happened to you.

 

Using his right hand, Fang tore off his piece of clothing as everyone was shocked with what they saw right in front of them. His blood veins were bulging out on the surface of his skin, yet they looked tough. His heart was right in the middle inside his body, but was visible to their eyes.

 

Fang: You didn’t know what the people you were working for did to the bodies do you? They were doing experiments, and it just so happened that I was the only one which survived the experiments.

Ji Hoon: Experiments? What kind of experiments were they doing on you?

 

As Fang ran his fingers on the veins on his body, he began to explain what exactly the experiment done him was all about.

 

“Nanotech infusion” Fang said in an arrogant tone. They were aiming to make soldiers using these powers. Unfortunately no one could survive the experiments as it takes a huge toll on the hosts body.

 

Ji Hoon: What does it do?

Fang: How about I let you see what it can do. I’ll let you hit me once, and I’ll promise not to move.

 

Ji Hoon knew he had to find out and it was worth the risk. Bracing himself, he leaped in front and did a direct hit on Fang’s chest. To his surprise as his fist touched Fang’s skin, the exact part turned black as the nanomachines which were part of the nanotech created an instant unbreakable armor making Ji Hoon’s invulnerable to any attacks that Ji Hoon performed.

 

Fang: See? Beautiful isn’t it. That’s not all. The nanotech makes me move fast too, just like how I always do. They give me the edge I need to move really quick.

 

“Like this”

 

As Fang said those words, he was already behind Ji Hoon as he gave him a hard punch making him fall down backwards.

 

Min Jun: Play fair you bastard! Don’t hit a man when he is off guard.

Fang: Isn’t that his fault for being off guard?

Chorong: “Oppa! Are you alright??” she said while shaking the chains as hard as she could but it wouldn’t come off.

 

Ji Hoon slowly gets up and wipes the blood from his mouth. He knew he was at his limit and couldn’t defeat Fang anymore. He was almost at the point of giving up.

 

Fang: The people who did experiments on me were heartless. They cut me up and infused me with these nanomachines in my body. But I have to thank them for that. Because it worked. My heart grew back, and was functioning because of the nanomachines. But the scientists didn’t know that. They buried me deep into the ground unaware that I was still alive. But not too long after, I came back alive..as Fang.

 

Min Jun: Enough of this! I’ll break you apart!!!

 

Min Jun ran forward and used the shatter punch right on Fang’s stomach but it had no effect whatsoever.

 

Min Jun: Impossible…

Fang: See the difference now? You idiot.

 

He punched Min Jun so hard that he flew backwards into the ground and hurt his knee. He was unable to get up. Naeun immediately ran to his side and tried to help him up but he still could not. She just sat next to him unable to do anything.  

 

Naeun: Are you alright oppa?

Min Jun: Yeah. But my knee is hurt.

 

Fang walked towards Chorong as Ji Hoon was still on the ground.

 

Fang: Let’s see what you can do if I kill her slowly.

Ji Hoon: No!!

 

Instantly, Ji Hoon rose up and ran towards Fang only to be brushed aside by Fang as he fell down again. He dragged Chorong up by the collar of her shirt as he lifted her chin up.

 

Ji Hoon: NO!!!

Chorong: “I’m sorry oppa….” she said with her last breath as she got ready to die.

 

Fang inserted a greyish liquid which formed on the palm of her hand into Chorong’s mouth as she was forced to drink it. No one knew exactly what he was doing. If he wanted to kill her he could have done it immediately but he didn’t.

 

Ji Hoon: YOU BASTARD! What have you done??

Fang: I just fed her some of the nanomachines that was inside my body. I have instructed them to slowly decay her body from the inside. They will kill her slowly. She should be feeling numb now and she probably can’t move anymore. She’ll die, unless you kill me first.

 

Ji Hoon looked into Fang’s eyes as he knew that he wasn’t joking. He had to stop him at all costs, even if he had to pay with it with his own life.

 

Ji Hoon: How long?

Fang: 15 minutes give or take. If you don’t kill me by then, she’s dead.

 

Ji Hoon walked over to Chorong’s body as he embraced her tightly.

 

Ji Hoon: I’m sorry. I need to use my final technique. It’s a risk I’m willing to take. I promise I’ll find my way back to you.

 

After saying that, he kissed her on the lips gently before putting her on the ground and walking back to Fang. Chorong couldn’t reply as she was paralyzed as a tear flowed down from her right eye. She didn’t know what he was about to do, but it didn’t sound good.

 

Fang: Fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter