The man behind the mask

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hoon could smell the sweat, the blood all mixed together and they were dripping off his face. He wiped it up as he knew this was not going to be easy. His opponent was a professional. There was no way he could win this fight and deep down he knew it. As he tried to stand up, he was punched yet again as he fell to the ground.

As he gazed up he saw the Fang walking towards him holding a knife in his hands, ready to kill him.

 

2 hours before…

 

Everyone was in the living room having a group meeting. Ji Hoon and Chorong had not come back since last night and today was the day of the fight. Everyone was worried and wondered if anything could have happened.

 

Naeun: Where are the both of them? Neither of them have come home since last night!

Min Jun: Calm down. We need to think this through. Could it be possible that something has happened?

Bomi: We can’t be sure. Don’t tell me Ji Hoon is planning to fight him all alone? He might need our support against that madman!

Seo Yun: Well, it’s no use to panic. Is there any way we can find the both of them?

 

Everyone kept silent. They all had no idea.

 

Ji Hoon walked through the forest pushing away branches as snow fell to the ground. It was gently snowing and the weather was cold, but Ji Hoon was unaffected. His emotions were burning and all he could feel was anger coursing through his veins. His gaze was focused and he had no room for mistakes.

He knew where Fang was waiting for him. There was no clue given but he knew that Fang would be waiting for him in the same place that they fought the last time. After all, Fang said that he wanted to fight Ji Hoon when he got stronger.

 

As he walked towards the sound of the stream in a distance, he began to see two figures in a distance confirming his theory.

When he finally reached, he saw Fang waiting for him under the moonlight. The snow covered the ground and left no trace of any grass whatsoever. Behind Fang was Chorong’s hands behind her tied down to a metal stick which dug deep into the ground as she struggled to break free.

 

Fang: Good evening. Are you ready for our duel?

Ji Hoon: Let the girl go and then I’ll fight you. She doesn’t need to be here for this.

Fang: Why? Are you afraid you’ll lose?

Ji Hoon: Just let her go. She’s innocent.

Fang: How about you take her from me forcefully? Let’s see how powerful you are.

 

Ji Hoon was done trying to negotiate. He knew that if he wanted to save her he had to act quickly. Ji Hoon took off his jacket and threw it to the ground. He didn’t know what was about to happen but all he knew was that he had to fight him in order to save Chorong and that was a good reason enough.

 

Chorong: “You can do it oppa!” Chorong cheered trying to help him the best she could.

 

 

Min Jun: Think guys! They could be fighting at this very moment and we’re all stuck back here at home waiting.

 

Everyone tried to crack their heads as to where the location of the two could be as suddenly Bomi thought of something.

 

Bomi: Guys! Remember how Chorong got attacked in that forest she liked to go to?

Min Jun: What about it?

Bomi: What if they are fighting there right now? After all since there was no mention of a venue, it could be quite possible that could be the place that they are fighting right now.

 

Min Jun thought for a moment before acting upon it.  

 

Min Jun: Since no one else has any ideas, why not we just try the place that Bomi is talking about? Let’s go guys!!!

 

Everyone grabbed their stuff as they switched off the lights and left the house in search of the two.

 

Ji Hoon evaded backwards and landed on his feet. He was breathing heavily as they have been trading blows for the last 10 minutes. He was unable to get a solid hit on Fang. It looked like Fang had just been toying around with him but he was almost out of breath just trying to land on hit against him.

 

Fang: Is this all you have? At this rate, the girl and you will be dead very soon. Come on! Show me what you got, Shadow.

 

Ji Hoon suddenly got up and sprinted towards him only to be hit on his stomach and sent flying back into the ground.

 

Ji Hoon: Dammit!

 

He tried to catch his breath as he tried to stand up after getting hit. The cold weather didn’t help much either.

 

Fang: Hmm, maybe I should just hurt this girl to make you fight better. Should I?

 

He drew his knife as he walked closer to Chorong. As he was about to reach her, suddenly Ji Hoon was already behind him in an instant and Fang caught his kick just in time to push him backwards.

 

Fang: Aha! That’s the Shadow I know. Don’t let this fight be a disappointment.

 

Ji Hoon’s speed has now increased but he felt his stamina dropping even quicker than ever. He’s using energy that he knew he was supposed to conserve. He had to end this fight quick.

Although he didn’t have speed to his advantage, he noticed that Fang had a pattern to his attack and he was about to outsmart him.

As they fought, Ji Hoon tried to see every move that was coming.

 

Side kick, followed by an uppercut with the right hand, left elbow next, two kicks with his right leg, outward fist with the right hand and when he attempts to do a left punch towards me, I’ll break his stance.

 

Ji Hoon thought in his mind hoping that this technique would work.

Fang then started the combo as Ji Hoon then got ready to counter him.

 

Side kick

Uppercut with the right hand

Left elbow

Two kicks with right leg

Outward fist with right hand

 

Fang did the moves as Ji Hoon expected what was coming next. No matter how f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter