Atonement

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kanryu was starting to get annoyed. He didn’t like the fact of how cocky Ji Hoon was. He didn’t want to lose just like the last time he met Ji Hoon. He was sure that he was going to beat him today.

 

Kanryu: Today, is the day of my revenge. I will make sure I defeat you unlike last time.

Ji Hoon: Alright. Let’s just fight and get this over with.

 

Kanryu sends his men out first. For Ji Hoon all of it was a piece of cake. He grabbed one of them as he slammed him in the wall while doing an uppercut on another next. He swiftly kicked one more in the face as he attempted to do a quick punch on another.

Before long, everyone had been defeated and Ji Hoon was victorious once again.

 

Oh no. He’s quicker than last time. I thought that I would have reached his level of speed as compared to last time. I’d better think of a way out quick.

Kanryu thought regretting his decision to fight with Ji Hoon.

 

Kanryu quickly grabbed Bomi and put a knife to .

 

Kanryu: Alright. I got this girl. Any stupid moves and I won’t hesitate to kill her. I’m going to walk out of here slowly and you won’t follow me. You got that?

 

Bomi was scared. She didn’t know what to do as she counted on Ji Hoon to find the answer for her.

 

Ji Hoon: No.

Kanryu: What did you just say? Don’t you realize that I have a hostage right here and I will not hesitate to kill her! Trust me!!

 

Before Kanryu could move another muscle, Ji Hoon was already next to him. Before he could even react, Ji Hoon just used his fist sideways to hit him as he dropped the knife immediately.

Bomi quickly ran out from his grip and turned around.

 

Ji Hoon: You’re weak and you’ll always be weak. Doing things like petty crimes, kidnapping girls, you are never going to become strong.

 

Kanryu was afraid of Ji Hoon now. He tried to run away but Ji Hoon just got in front of him and gave him such a hard punch that he fell unconscious to the ground.

After he was done he sighed as the girls came towards him.

 

Bomi: Oppa! Are you back?

Naeun: Oppa! Finally you woke up. Is everything alright?

 

As the girls asked him this questions, he slowly just faded away as he fell down to the ground. Both the girls were shocked as they tried to wake him up but he simply was unconscious.

 

Naeun: Oh no! What’s wrong with oppa! Is he….

Bomi: No! He’s not dead. I hope. What should we do now? I have no idea…

 

Suddenly, they heard a snoring noise as they realized that Ji Hoon fell asleep. It made sense that Ji Hoon was tired from not sleeping all those days and just thinking about matters.

The two tried their best as they managed to get him home and on his bed.

 

 

Ji Hoon was walking around in a beautiful garden as Hye Won came to see him.

 

Hye Won: So, you finally went to save the day?

Ji Hoon: Yes. I think I found the answer to atone for my crimes. I realized that dying isn't the way to atone for the crimes that I had done. Dying is just an easy way out for all the problems that I have. It’s better if I just live on and protect those that I love. This is the conclusion that I came to.

Hye Won: That truth that you found fits you very much indeed.

Ji Hoon: Yeah. I know.

Hye Won: I was right. I hope you wouldn’t stay in the emotionless state for long and you didn’t.

Ji Hoon: I really took that time to think. After seeing her die, I just gave up inside. I felt like everything I had worked for, the things I have found were no longer relevant. Honestly a part of me wanted to kill myself as well. But I knew to find the solution somehow I had to think carefully.

Hye Won: So now that you found your truth…

Ji Hoon: That’s right. I no longer have an excuse to back down ever again.

 

Hye Won put both of her hands on his face and directs his face towards hers.

 

Hye Won: These girls need you, and so does she.

 

Ji Hoon understood what she had meant. Hye Won slowly walked away from the garden as she turned towards Ji Hoon to say one last thing..

 

“The person who is waiting the most for your smile is waiting for you. Please get up now and get ready to meet her” she says to Ji Hoon as she proceeds to turn and walk away.

 

 

Many miles away on the island that Min Jae and Chorong are on.

Min Jae was now fully recovered. His wounds were no longer there and he was on the battle grounds in the middle of the island.

His face was fully focused as he used a skill.

 

MULTI SHADOW CLONES

 

Immediately 4 clones which looked exactly like Min Jae appeared as they proceeded to practice on their attack patterns.

Chorong was standing there watching him practice as she said,

 

Chorong: I gues

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter