A New Beginning?

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

When Truth or Dare was suggested, all the girls started squealing, jumping and clapping. I rolled my eyes as I understood what all the fuss was about. Truth or Dare was basically used to blackmail you into telling your deepest secrets.

We all settled down into my room as we had decided not to sleep in completely separate rooms. We also wanted to share our 1st night as house-mates together. We had a bottle that we spun round to determine who would be ‘our next victim’ as Sunny put it. The 1st spin landed on our baby maknae Seohyun. Sunny cackled as she said:

“So maknae, Truth or Dare?”

“Ummm I’ll do a truth unnie!” Seohyun replied.

“Oooh good choice! But you know if we think you are telling us a lie, you have to do 2 dares!” Sunny looked positively evil while she said this.

“Ne unnie you know I always tell the truth!” Seohyun looked very proud of herself.

“Okay then. Your question is: Do you like that guy Jung Yonghwa in your music lessons?” Sunny sat back and gazed upon Seohyun opening and closing like a fish. It was so cute! Her face turned red as soon as she heard his name.

“A-a-aniyo unnie! You know I’m only focusing on my studies right now! I don’t have time for relationships!” She stammered.

“Don’t lie to us Seobaby! We’ve seen you staring at him when you think no-one is looking!” Sooyoung grinned.

“Unnie, I promise you, I don’t like Jung Yonghwa.” She put up an innocent, trust-worthy face, but I could see one of her hands behind her back, crossing her fingers. I was tempted to bring it up, but I left it at that, deciding to bring it up another time.

“Ne, fine if you insist.” The next spin of the bottle landed on Taeyeon who bravely chose a dare. She looked Sunny in the eye and said:

“Do..your..worst.”

“Onew always calls you before he goes to sleep. You are always giggling and blushing at what he says. So your dare is: when Onew rings tonight put the phone on loudspeaker so we can hear what you and your boyfriend say.” Taeyeon blanched. It was too funny seeing our witty, responsible unnie silenced.

“What’s the matter unnie? Too afraid to share what you and Onew talk about? What do you talk about anyway, late at night?” I teased.

“No! Stop being silly!” She brushed it off like it was nothing but I could see she was embarrassed. We spun the bottle again and this time it landed on Tiffany, who smiled, showing her gorgeous eye-smile as she said:

“I’ll pick truth!” Hyoyeon who was sitting next to her gasped and whispered something to Sooyoung who gasped as well and said:

“Yes. Yes! She’ll die if we ask her that!” Sooyoung squealed. Hyoyeon smiled innocently and said to Tiffany:

“Tiffany, when are you going to confess to Siwon?” Tiffany started to giggle. I was confused though who is Siwon? Taeyeon saw my confused expression and explained:

When Tiffany 1st started at Hope Academy she was really quiet and shy. She didn’t speak to anyone and always kept to herself. However, when she was practising singing alone during break, a guy heard her and encouraged her to share her gift with everyone. He helped her talk to people and eventually make new friends. Because of this guy, she became friendlier, happier and more confident in herself and her abilities. The guy’s name was Choi Siwon, who was Sooyoung’s brother. Tiffany had fallen for him badly but he was one of the most handsome guys in school and nearly every girl wanted him. So she kept her feelings secret and only told those closest to her. She thought she wasn’t good enough for him.

“Aaaw Tiffany! Why would you think that? You are one of the most stunning girls in this whole school!” Tiffany blushed and smiled at me in thanks. “But answer the question! When are you going to confess?”

“I really don’t know. Maybe if we all get chosen for the beach trip, I’ll confess then!” She said slowly “It’s the sort of place I would want to confess to someone: long empty beaches and just the sound of the waves against the sea.” Her eyes glazed over as she imagined such a scene. We squealed and spun the bottle again.

This carried on for a while and I learned a lot about my new friends. Sooyoung’s enormous appetite, Sunny’s killer aeygo and Hyoyeon’s amazing dancing ability, just to name a few. We must have played for a really long time. I actually didn’t get picked at all. Suddenly Taeyeon’s phone rang; we looked at each other and squealed in excitement as Taeyeon answered the phone and put it on loudspeaker.

“Hello?”

“Hey Taengoo! How was my baby Taengoo’s day?” Onew’s voice sailed through the phone and we all cringed at the mushy words that came out of his mouth. I could feel my toes curling up but I hushed the others so we could hear what Taeyeon (whose face was b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter