Skipping School

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

We were sat down in the bus waiting for our stop to arrive when Yuri asked me:

“When do you think I should meet your parents?”

“I don’t know Yul. When do you want to meet them?” I asked. I was a little nervous when she asked me that. My mother won’t be a problem but my father would be a huge problem. Especially since Yuri doesn’t want him to know about her family, it will make it so much harder. He won’t be nice to her; I know that for a fact.

“I’m not sure. I think maybe when the time is right we’ll know.” She said unsurely. I put my arm around her in the seat and said:

“Let’s not focus on the future. It’s just us right now ok?” She nodded and hugged me.

“I’m glad you’re here Minho. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She said. I smiled and replied:

“Neither would I know what to do without you. You complete me.” She giggled and hugged me tighter. Suddenly the bus stopped at our station and we got off and walked to the water park. We could hear people squealing as we walked in and I got excited. It’s been a while since I went to one of these. Yuri pulled me along to the water slide and we waited in the line for it. We went up these huge stairs and were almost at the top when Yuri grabbed my hand and said:

“Let’s go back; I don’t want to go anymore.” I looked down at Yuri who was pale and sweating.

“Are you okay? You look really pale.” She just closed her eyes and refused to open them. Then I understood: she was afraid of heights. I chuckled and said:

“Come on you have nothing to be afraid of you know.” She sighed and said:

“I just don’t like being this high up from the ground, which is also why plane rides are just hell for me.” I chuckled at that and I saw her smile a little.

“Come on Yuri, I’ll be with you all the way. I’ll protect you.” She seemed to relax a little and I was relieved when she opened her eyes. I took her hand a squeezed it tight while we headed further up to the top. Once we got up there I could see why she was afraid; the view was dizzying. We sat down on the rubber boat-thing with Yuri in front and me sat behind. She was holding onto the grips on the side so tightly I could see her knuckled poking out. I leaned forward and placed my hands on hers.

“Breath slowly Yuri, it’ll be okay.” She laughed nervously and took some deep breaths. Then the guy in charge who was standing behind us shoved the boat roughly and we went slipping and sliding down. I whooped and laughed while Yuri screamed in a really high-pitched voice. We got down to the bottom where all the water was and we sliced through. Yuri squealed loudly as the water cascaded down on us like rain. I laughed and tried to shield my body from it but with no luck. I got soaked.

I jumped out of the boat laughing while helping Yuri out who was shaking. She turned to me and said:

“Let’s not go on that again, it was so scary!” I nodded and said:

“Gladly, you scream so loud. It’s almost like a dolphin, you almost made me deaf.” She punched me on the arm.

“Yah, it’s not me that has a dolphin scream it’s Jessica!” She laughed. We decided to go on some of the less high rides and laughed and screamed as the water hit us. Wave after wave of cold blue water and soon enough we were soaked to the bone. We were sat down on a bench, panting with exhaustion and wondering what to do next when Yuri said:

“Let’s go to the pool!” She pulled me up and led me over to the huge pool. There were a surprising amount of people there that were our age. I assumed they were doing the same thing we were doing and skipping school. There were a lot of girls in skimpy bikinis and guys in trunks, flexing and showing off for the girls.

“Yul, I’m going to go get changed ok?” I kissed her swiftly on her cheek and went to the guys changing room while she went to the girls. I quickly changed out of my wet, sticky clothes and threw on some trunks (ones that went down to my knees.) I went out and felt the sun on my bare chest and sighed. It felt really nice. I saw some girls that passed by me giggle and blush furiously when I looked at them and I smirked. I took a seat by the pool and dabbled my feet in the warm water.

Then Yuri came out of the changing rooms.

She had a towel with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter