Moving On...

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

Days, weeks and months passed with things becoming more distant between Minho and I.  We sent our audition tape to the judges and received the news a few days ago that we were to be entering the competition along with Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk. It meant we were spending more time together than ever. It was another session where I had to stay late practising with him. This time however Mr Kim was coming to check on our progress and evaluate our dancing. We danced like we normally did until Mr Kim stopped the music.

“No, no, no this will not do! You two look like you are strangers dancing for the first time! You are being too awkward!” We both looked at the floor in embarrassment. Mr Kim continued his rant “When you first started your dancing was probably perfect, what has happened?” I glanced at Minho because I knew he was thinking the same reason I was; it was very awkward between us now and we didn’t have the courage to do the dance moves we had originally planned.

“We are really sorry seongsaenim!” I said.

“Aish you two will be the death of me. You guys are going to stay here until you can dance like professionals arasso?” He didn’t even wait for our reply; he just walked out of the door. I looked towards Minho and sighed.

“He’s right you know,” Minho looked at me in surprise, I never talked to him in school unless I needed to “We were really good when we started out. I guess we’ve let our personal issues get in the way.” Minho nodded in understanding and asked:

“What do you suggest we do?”

“Let’s start again,” I held out my hand “My name is Kwon Yuri. I’m going to be your dance partner.” He chuckled and shook it.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” The feeling was so familiar. It reminded me of the night in the pool all those months ago.

Just like that it was like we were meeting all over again. I couldn’t deny my feeling for him but starting over like this made me feel a little lighter; giving me some hope that I could get over him. He got up and held out his hand:

“Shall we begin the dance milady?” He asked in an overly posh voice. I laughed hard before taking his hand and saying in the same accent:

“We shall good sir.” With that we started to dance our dance. This time though we incorporated some of the bits that we made the 1st time we did the dance, so there was... a lot of skinship involved. Surprisingly though; it wasn’t as awkward as I thought it was going to be. Maybe it was because we were focusing on the dance, not each other, but when Mr Kim came back, he almost cried in exhilaration.

“Daebak! You guys have really progressed! What happened that you have become this good?” We smiled and said:

“We were focused on the dance.” Mr Kim grinned and said:

“I think you’re ready which is good because the competition is in 3 days.”

“Mwoh!” I gasped. 3 days! What if he hadn’t told us? We probably would have been just as awkward!

“Yes. I decided it would be good if you 2 practised alone with no-one watching. Looks like it worked.” He smiled and bounced out the door “You two need to both come tomorrow for your costume fittings! Don’t forget!”

We collected our things and went out.

“I hope we’re not dressed in anything embarrassing.” Minho admitted.

“Guy’s outfits look really cool. I’m just a little worried my outfit will be too weird. Like it might have weird colours.”

I wish it had weird colours.

When they gave me the outfit I was a little confused:

“Does this not have a part missing on it?” I asked. The costumers shook their heads. I stared at the outfit. It was black and sparkly which would have been nice if it covered my body. My back was uncovered as well as one of my arms and nearly all of one of my legs. I stepped out nervously from the changing rooms.

“Wow you look so beautiful and alluring!” One of the designers said. I blushed in embarrassment.

“Are you su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter