The Next Morning

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

Yuri came out of her building looking quite shocked. She wore a simple dark blue blouse and a black skirt. I waved at her to attract her attention and she looked confused. She walked over to me.

“What are you doing here?” She asked. I smiled and said:

“I’m dropping you off to work today.”

“You don’t need to do that Minho.” She replied coldly.

“Come on Yuri I dropped you off yesterday so I’ll drop you off at work today. Please?” I pleaded with her.

“Fine, you haven’t been waiting too long for me have you?” She asked as I opened the door for her.

“Aniyo, not long.” I wasn’t going to tell her that I came to wait several hours ago. I started the car and started to drive. Yuri was very quiet so I tried to make some conversation.

“Hey are you okay? You looked kind of shocked when you came out of the building.” I asked.

“Just heard something really interesting on the news today.” She replied quietly.

“Chincha? What was it?” She hesitated before saying:

“Ms Kim’s company has gone bankrupt.” I almost slammed on the brakes by accident.

“Chincha?” I asked shocked. I couldn’t believe it.

“Neh, she’s lost her company and some people have pressed charges against her for unfair contract agreements. She could be facing a long time in jail.” My knuckles tightened on the steering wheel as I held in my anger. She’s finally getting what she deserves from the people she intimidated. It meant that she had no more control over them. It meant she had no more control over me.

“Hey are you okay?” Yuri asked. I nodded but my mind was wondering. Could I now tell Yuri about why we really broke up? Could we be together again? My mind was buzzing with all the possibilities when Yuri screamed:

“Look out!” I glanced to see a minivan screeching towards us. Out of instinct I shielded Yuri’s body with mine. The minivan hit my car pretty hard but it didn’t do much damage.

“Are you okay Yuri?” I asked. She nodded and said from underneath me as I moved off her. I got out of the car as well as the other driver. He walked towards me and said:

“Hey dude what the hell? Were you trying to kill me?” As my mind was elsewhere when the accident happened I felt bad and so I apologised.

“Mianheyo. I’m really sorry is there anything I can do?” I asked.

“Yeah you can get me a new car.” That was just weird and rude the way he said it.

“Yah, your car is hardly damaged, there’s just a scraping on the paint; why do you want a new car?” I asked.

“Whatever man; just get me the car.” He said arrogantly.

“Aniyo; you can ask for something more reasonable than a new car.” He lunged forward and grabbed my collar.

“Don’t be an idiot dude. You have no idea who I am.” He whispered.

“Then enlighten me. You have no clue who I am then either.” I replied.

“My father owns Kwon Kosmetics! Do you know how easily I can crush you?” I started to laugh really hard at the obvious lie. He shook me by the collar quite hard and said:

“Do you think this is funny?” He shouted.

“Stop it! Let him go!” Yuri had gotten out of the car and was now trying to pull his arm off me.

“Stay out of this freak.” He shoved her rou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter