Meeting The Parents

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

I called Yuri afterschool the next day to make sure she was still coming.

“You don’t have to keep calling you know. I will come don’t worry.” She chuckled over the phone.

“I know it’s just I’m really nervous. Anyway I’ll pick you up at 8 o’clock arasso?”

“Neh, I’ll see you then Minho. Bye.”

“Goodbye Yul.” I switched off the phone and started to get ready. I took a long, hot shower and let the hot water untangle my tensed muscles to help me relax. I stepped out and dried my hair making sure I didn’t get any water on my suit. I looked at the time and almost had a heart attack. It was 7:30. I didn’t even realise how long I’d spent in the shower. I had to go pick up Yuri soon. I quickly got changed and ran downstairs.

“Umma how do I look?” I asked my mother who was sitting serenely on the sofa. She turned and smiled at me.

“You look fine, don’t worry,” she straightened my tie and ruffled my hair a little “Neh, you’re fine now. Tell me, how does your umma look?” She spun in a circle, showing off her long, purple dress. She looked amazing for someone her age.

“You look beautiful umma. You really like purple huh?” She laughed and nodded.

“What time are you picking this girl up?” I turned to face my father. He asked in a harsh voice, clearly displaying his disapproval for Yuri even though he didn’t even know who she was.

“At 8 o’clock so I should be going soon.” I replied shortly.

“You know she won’t ever be as good as Hyuna?” My father asked. “She won’t be as wealthy and her parents won’t be as influential as Hyuna’s. She can’t give you as much as Hyuna can.” I grew a little angry at that.

“How do you know appa? You haven’t even met her.” He shrugged and just said:

“I’ll show you what I mean tonight. I’ll show you she won’t ever be as good as Hyuna.” He acted like Hyuna was my first love or something. He only cared that Hyuna was infinitely rich and very influential.

“Don’t do anything to hurt her appa. I’ll go to pick her up now.” I warned him. I walked out of the house and got in my car. I clenched the steering wheel before putting in the key so I could go pick up Yuri. The streets and trees flew by and I arrived at Yuri’s home right on time. I was nervous as I walked up to the door. I had to take a few deep breaths before knocking on the door. Yoona opened it and grinned when she saw me.

“Annyeong! Come inside I’ll just call her down.” I stepped inside the house and greeted the girls. I heard Yoona call Yuri down.

“Unnie! Come down quickly Minho’s here!”

“I’ll be 2 minutes Yuri!” I heard her faint reply from the bottom of the stairs. Taeyeon came up to me and said:

“Listen Minho. We know you really like Yuri, but I swear if she comes home from this thing upset because your parents said something mean to her, I will kill you. Another thing Minho? Have her home by 11.” She chuckled with me as she acted like the mother of the group. It was quite sweet. I paced nervously waiting for Yuri when I saw someone move at the top of the stairs.

She looked amazing. She wore a simple, dark blue dress that fell softly to her knees. She had black strappy heels on and her styled hair that fell in soft waves down her back was held by a blue rose pin. She walked down the stairs and stopped in front of me.

“You look amazing Yuri.” She blushed and looked down. It was silent for a moment before Sooyoung shouted:

“Yah! You guys are going to be late! Now go and stop embarrassing the rest of us with your mushy... coupleness!” She made up the last word which made us all laugh. We were about to step out when Yuri ran back to get the present. She came back with a small box wrapped in a white swirled packaging. She smiled and I took her hand and led her to the car. I opened the door for her then went over to my side.

“You really do look amazing.” I said while we drove to my house. I saw that her hand was tight around each other so I reached over and held one.

“Yah what are you doing? You need to focus on driving!” I shook my head and said:

“I won’t let go until you say something. You’re being too quiet.”

“I’m talking now Minho, focus on the road!” I let go and chuckled. I looked at her quickly from the corner of my eyes. She caught my eye and we burs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter