Hyuna Is Afraid

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna’s POV:

I sighed as I started back at my photo on the desk. It was me with my mother and father. I’m in the middle and they’re both kissing my cheek on either side. It’s a cheesy photo but I love it. We were so happy...

I wish he never worked for the Kwons. It’s their fault he’s dead. It’s their fault my mother turned from the caring woman I knew to... this. If I agree with my mother on one thing: it’s that we both hate the Kwons.

I put the photo down and decided to start getting ready to meet Minho. I remember the text he sent a while ago.

Minho: Hey Hyuna. I need to talk to you about something. Meet me in the park near your house in 30 minutes ok?

I dug through my wardrobe quickly tying to find something as I only had 10 left until he asked me to meet him. My hands traced over the dresses I used to wear a long time ago. The sweet dresses that didn’t make me uncomfortable in public. The ones that didn’t make all the ahjumma’s in the street stop and whisper horrible things about me. I loved them in all their sweet pastel colours.

Then my eyes made their way to my more current wardrobe. The colours grew brighter and began to get smaller. Trousers turned into shorts, t-shirts turned into crop tops and my dresses grew shorter with lower necklines. I sighed as I remembered what my mother told me:

You can’t ever marry a man who is poorer than you. Nothing will come of it apart from mistakes and problems!

I knew she was talking about my father, so does that mean I am a mistake? Am I a problem to her? Probably. I dressed in the revealing clothes, adjusting them so that they would cover the bruises that were forming on my arm and back. I applied concealer to the red scratch mark across my cheek but it wasn’t enough so I applied more and more. I don’t want people’s sympathy, nor do I want their help. I just want someone to love me. As a sister, friend, girlfriend or anything.

I just want someone to love me.

I walked out of the door and headed to the park. I practised my ‘smoulders’ because my mother said that to get a rich man you need to act alluring and y. I followed her instructions even though it was embarrassing and I hated them. I saw Minho standing there and my stomach fluttered. Not in a bad way, I liked the way he was always nice to me even though I was horrible to everyone in school. Maybe if we get married, I’ll show him who Kim Hyuna really is. That shy, introverted girl with a passion for taking pictures. I slapped on my fake smile and cheerily said:

“Hey sweetie what’s up?” I moved in to kiss him but I felt him stiffen so I pulled away with a confused expression on my face. He looked dead serious as he said:

“Hyuna, I’m sorry but I’m breaking up with you.”

“Haha Minho, it’s not funny being serious.” I said, trying to make it out as a joke, even though inside my stomach was churning and my heart was faltering.

“Hyuna... I am being very serious. I want this relationship to end.”

“W-why? Why Minho?” My voice trembled.

“We’re not right for each other. I can’t lead you on if my heart lies with someone else. You’re a sweet girl and any guy would be lucky to have you as his girlfriend but it just won’t work out between us.”

This can’t be happening now! No! No no no!

“Minho please don’t leave me! You’re the only thing in my life that’s normal now!” He looked at me curiously and said:

“The only thing that’s normal? Your family is rich beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. I’d be very surprised if you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter